a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favourite Christmas song?

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Silent Night sung In German by the German lads in 1 REC circa 1988.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Something I copied off of the News this morning under "Finance"

Quote -

The royalties that you can make from Christmas songs is ABSURD, even if said festive tune is the only hit you ever have.
So how much do the likes of Slade, Mariah Craey and Cliff Richard get paid in royalties every December for their Xmas hits?

Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade £500,000

Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues £400,000

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey £376,000

White Christmas by Bing Crosby £328,000

Last Christmas by Wham! £300,000

Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney £260,000

Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard £100,000

Stop The Cavalry by Jona Lewie £120,000

2000 Miles by The Pretenders £102,000

Stay Another Day by Tony Mortimer, East 17 £97,000

Unquote

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Stop the Cavalry, Never happen Joe us sardines wouldn't stand for it. All that Money I bet not one cent got sent to charity.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Stop the Cavalry, Never happen Joe us sardines wouldn't stand for it. All that Money I bet not one cent got sent to charity.

Martin, that is Royalties EVERY year or at least as long as we are permitted to celebrate it and stay politcally correct.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I went out for a beer and left the missus to do the cooking. She put on some Christmas songs and one of the them caught my attention, Pentatorix who don't use any instruments. 137 MILLION vues ! I mentioned that they looked like a bunch of leftist love and peace and got my ear chewed off. But boy can they sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

But I have a great liking for this old classic by David Bowie and Bing, 9 MILLION vues, same song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Something I copied off of the News this morning under "Finance"

Quote -

The royalties that you can make from Christmas songs is ABSURD, even if said festive tune is the only hit you ever have.
So how much do the likes of Slade, Mariah Craey and Cliff Richard get paid in royalties every December for their Xmas hits?

Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade £500,000

Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues £400,000

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey £376,000

White Christmas by Bing Crosby £328,000

Last Christmas by Wham! £300,000

Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney £260,000

Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard £100,000

Stop The Cavalry by Jona Lewie £120,000

2000 Miles by The Pretenders £102,000

Stay Another Day by Tony Mortimer, East 17 £97,000

Unquote

Since I now live in a french speaking country, I want to add "Petit Papa Noël" to your list, Joseph !

It is really unfair : the reindeers are never paid for their work

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Stop the cavalry!!?? The para's are laughing from here to kingdom come!! No comment from us!! Heheh!!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Stop the cavalry!!?? The para's are laughing from here to kingdom come!! No comment from us!! Heheh!!

Mark don't knock them, I mean would you like to be cooking in a sardine can? No! Give me a parachute anyday, Right Ossie, Loustic Repman ...?

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Most birds can't and will not fly if the weather is not favorable, so goes the same for the Chairfarce and paras. Muahahah Biches, soak it up yer fecking wannabe Mary Poopings! :cool: Infantry and Cavalry, goes places, not like 'bird dropping' fall out of the arse. Happy new year & mucho love me Fairybourne Brothers!

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
good to see you full of piss and vinegar d.p! fish n chips and brown ale to ya! take care bro.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Yep knew the reptiles would end up pumping there gums. My esteemed Kepi Noir answered the question . So Ill just sit back. With the engine running till MDL Passet yells en avant allez Scotty.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yep knew the reptiles would end up pumping there gums. My esteemed Kepi Noir answered the question . So Ill just sit back. With the engine running till MDL Passet yells en avant allez Scotty.

Get a grip Martin! Just good holiday cheer.

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Has to be O Tannenbaum by Nat King Cole[video=youtube;2mP9T8BQ_bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mP9T8BQ_bQ[/video]

Great song by one of the true legends. O Tannenbaum started out as a Silesian folk song in the 1600s before being rewritten about infidelity and eventually fir trees.

Stille Nacht is another lovely song, considering it was written two hundred years ago in 1816 before being put to music in 1818.

Bonne Annee
Steve

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Get a grip Martin! Just good holiday cheer.
AWE New years eve 1988 got to grips with a very nice young lady called Catherine she had a thing for us resebeefs actually lol. Bonne Annee to all us old farts be they sardines, reptiles or jungle bunnies LPN brother.