a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite youtube video?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Yes, but usual quantity win wars. And I will not agree that China have low quality weapons and equipment. In past 20 y they modernized army in probably second world power.

Also when they make things for army they pay attention on quality. That's not same chip shit that they selling all over the world. Yes, most of their advanced weapons are made by copying Russian and Western originals, but through the years they really have become masters of copying.
Anyway they are not same China from 30 years ago and definitely not country to ******* around with.

In recent years geopolitical scene are drastically changed. We have powerful China. Russia regain some of it power so Cold War 2 is in bloom. Also some other players on scene. Hmm, very interesting time to be alive.

Watch closely Turkey and Erdogan. He is important game changer in recent years. There is many going on about who will sell gas to the Europe. We have Syria mainly because of that. (there is other reasons too, but that is big one). We will see more conflict because of that "gas selling" crisis

They are definitely developing at a good clip, however it's only certain units for the time being that are really comparable to western armies but as we speak they are slowly bridging the gap, theyre turning their quantity into quality. Where they really are far behind is an expeditionary capability they just don't have the experience with long range logistics as the Americans, Or other NATO countries, which makes their military a "defence" force they have no force projection capability. They wouldn't be able to have the capacity to fight far from China, and anybody that tries to invade China would be stupid. So they look intimidating but they are quite static. I believe in 20years maybe even 10 they will be a truly fearful but at the moment they aren't. They also don't have the airpower to contend with the US or its allies. You can't even compare a j7 or j10 to an f16 or f15.

Paraca

Reaction score
Home Country
Spain
You missing bigger picture Paraca. Parades or not just waste of time and resources, especially in this case. They have great impact on soldiers (and civil) moral. Also this sending powerful message to unfriendly nations.

With this one, China made a Bullseye. When Serbia or Croatia make army parade it's... painful to watch. Especially when you know that soldier are almost hungry.

I can't agree totally with you on that, but keep in mind this is my OPINION, i can be wrong of course haha.
It is true that parades are good for the people watching it (politicians, families...) but for the average grunt means nothing, it is just being bored and tired of those movements for a loooong time before the parade day.
The only times when i "felt" something close to good morale during a parade was on short parades closed to the public eyes in "fallen soldiers day" or something like that. And i know most of my buddies think the same about parades.
To be honest when you hear some girls screaming good words to you on parades you too feel good morale haha.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Love this WW2 training videos. They are made really good also bit of comedy is inserted. I think they were really efficient in time when you needed to train large number of people for short time.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Jacquie et Michel. ...delivers the goods for me
Merci..Merci qui ?
Beh...merci, Jacquie et Michel xxx

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
There is a series of videos from South America in which Nissan mock Toyota for their lack of HP in their Pick UP. They don't have horse powers but pony power...

In SA Toyota owners like to brag how their hilux may lack speed, hp, torque, yet they are build to last and little no plastic unlike nissan, ford, chevrolet, etc...

I did own a Hilux and the "bullet proof" thing is not worthy, even more when you have to ride with it, more than 600km in a day.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What? That pick up truck can't pull that truck with 2 trailers or one full of cows on muddy road, no way. Truck driver giving little help to "pulling power". Truck engine need to run in order to unblock brakes anyway. ;)

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
What? That pick up truck can't pull that truck with 2 trailers or one full of cows on muddy road, no way. Truck driver giving little help to "pulling power". Truck engine need to run in order to unblock brakes anyway. ;)
Trust me they can, of course it's a clutch killer. 4L and first gear can do wonder, of course it will weark the pick up fast.
Yes the engine of the trucks are running, but they lack traction in those areas.

Here you can see how the truck wheels slip.

Is not uncommon in the north of Argentina, South of Brazil, where the mud is like clay.

Now that i'm thinking is something i do miss from Argentina mudding, which is something i enjoy a lot. I didn't find any place or place that rents old 4x4 in NL...... Old jeeps are soo fun to drive.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Trust me they can, of course it's a clutch killer. 4L and first gear can do wonder, of course it will weark the pick up fast.
Yes the engine of the trucks are running, but they lack traction in those areas.
So that's a trick. 4x4 just helping truck. I thought they doing all job of pulling. That would be impossible on muddy road. Simply 4x4 don't have enough mass and traction for that

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
So that's a trick. 4x4 just helping truck. I thought they doing all job of pulling. That would be impossible on muddy road. Simply 4x4 don't have enough mass and traction for that
Not a trick, the truck simply can't continue. The pick up there is vital.

But if we are talking about "death weight" this is probably about the max for a medium sized pick up

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Don't want to be nagger , but actually because of rails and metal wheels you don't need a lot of force to move heavy locomotive. ;)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Wheels were made for rolling
Mules were made for packing
I was born under a wondering star

Lee Marvin : Paint your wagon

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Don't want to be nagger , but actually because of rails and metal wheels you don't need a lot of force to move heavy locomotive. ;)
When you only have 140 hp and less than 200 nm it's a feat. inline 4 diesel

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
S.A is more of continet that people like more small engines over a V8 TDI that's used to go to the mall..
Some people can go extreme and make stupid things like these
A Ford Falcon with a 4T 125 bike engine...

and then someone else will reuse the falcon engine to make a motorcycle........

The train thing is popular in Australia too....

Official Media from Ford Australia. The New Ranger (PUMA Engine)

That's how we roll in south hemisphere, small engine pushed till the headgasket wraps or a piston goes out to say hi.