a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healing

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have been off and on lately. Had Left Hip surgery because of Femoral Acetabular Impingement and a completely destroyed Hip Labrum, the gasket which holds you ball and socket together. The FAI was handled by grinding the bone down in surgery, the doc ground over 45% of the bone and he trimmed the fragmented Labrum portions. This is a last ditch effort to save the hip join before a complete hip replacement.

No doubt, the Marine Corps had a huge part in the destruction over time in my hip; however, I would not have ever thought of going back in time to save the hip further down the road. Orthopedic Injuries are a fact of life in elite military organizations. That pain and the future replacement was worth every glorious minute spent in my Beloved Corps. I have zero remorse.

Aspirants, get to France and join while you can!

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I have been off and on lately. Had Left Hip surgery because of Femoral Acetabular Impingement and a completely destroyed Hip Labrum, the gasket which holds you ball and socket together. The FAI was handled by grinding the bone down in surgery, the doc ground over 45% of the bone and he trimmed the fragmented Labrum portions. This is a last ditch effort to save the hip join before a complete hip replacement.

No doubt, the Marine Corps had a huge part in the destruction over time in my hip; however, I would not have ever thought of going back in time to save the hip further down the road. Orthopedic Injuries are a fact of life in elite military organizations. That pain and the future replacement was worth every glorious minute spent in my Beloved Corps. I have zero remorse.

Aspirants, get to France and join while you can!
Get well soon!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
USMCRET.
The training mantra from grizzled Sgts. 'No pain no gain'.

Hopefully pain endured now will gain by a rapid return to good health. Good luck and best wishes.

Semper Fidelis- Per Mare per Terram.