a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some clarifications

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Legion or not, avoid lifting heavy objects, if you can and if not, at least lift them properly
Reinforce (soft methods) your abdos
belive me i dont have any problem to lift heavy objects , before training for legion , i was training hard at the gym for an year , always i use proper form no matter what

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
belive me i dont have any problem to lift heavy objects , before training for legion , i was training hard at the gym for an year , always i use proper form no matter what

Method, is evry thing !
Btw, do you smoke or drink?

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
hello to all
i just want to say that, this sunday i will be in paris at 8 am , should i go directly to fort de nogent or spend some time to see the city first ? and try to go in evening ..
my backpack is ready , i translated my record in french , and i have the following documents, : ID , passport , driver license , record translated in french,copy of birth certificate , and maybe a copy of highschool degree ..
should i bring more?
on sports side goes well , and i improved my time on 10 km at 49 minutes
in my first attemp at luc leger i did palier 7 and i was not tired even if i do it in middle day heat
can you give me some advices or something that should i need to know?
i hope you will not hear me for next months 😃

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Good luck Marius77. From where you are coming from there will be no jet lag, so no need to seep off for a couple of days. I would suggest that you go straight away. You will have plenty of time to sight see during the next 5 years,

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Good luck Marius77. From where you are coming from there will be no jet lag, so no need to seep off for a couple of days. I would suggest that you go straight away. You will have plenty of time to sight see during the next 5 years,
thanks , you re right but maybe a stop for a picture of eiffel tower

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Go straight to FdN and forget thé tourist sight seeing bull (Eiffel tower will survive your absence. ..but if you do go, you might not (the place is swarming with. ..pick pocketing Roms. Also Police and Army patrols and the occasional terrorist. Then there is the occasional gang fight ,amongst the blacks and arabs from the slums
And all this, just to get a pituresque view with a thrill ..jeeze
Get your arse straight to Fort de Nogent and avoid talking to strangers (that's a joke, btw none the less a serious one
Paris is a dangerous place and you are not on your turf,c'est pas ton jardin
Tourist, you risk
FdN is a charming, cozy résidence
The food is adéquate and always served on time
The sheets are clean
It also has the cleanist, shineist, bling bling toilettes in the whole capital, maybe even the whole of France .Must be due to the benified holy water used to flush the blues away
Leave your driver licence at home
Your id card/pass port and birth certificat is enougth

Good luck and dont forget to write us a post, oh so dear, once you are settled

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
merci petit caporal you conviced me to go directly,it is not a plus if i bring my driver license or it doesn t matter ?
hahah great joke about the blues 😂😂

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
You will be taught to drive. You will leave with the minimum of a truck drivers licence. Why, because the French army states that any chef de bord, person in charge of the vehicle must have the equivalent of the driving license of the person driving the vehicle. With the exception of a bus driver's license.

So as a corporal you may find yourself in the passenger of a truck's cabin.
You will be taught at an early stage how to drive a light vehicle (car, P4) but in order to save time and not have the legionnaire take two courses, you will also pass the truck drivers course.

The fact that you already have a driver's license is good. But do you know the French highway code? I thought not. And do you know what type of oil to put in the moteur- sorry, do you know what the French army designates it's moteur oil?
Was it 0023 ? Anyway, you will be taught all this, including how to change air filters, a wheel and how to fill in an accident report in French.

Also you can go on to pass your motorcycle course, your super heavyweight vehicle (SPL) and so on, all of which you can then convert into a French civvy driving license. What more do you want ?

Go for it mate and make the most out of your 5 years.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Leave your licence at home (it will be taken away from you when you enter and given back. ..years later (even then)
Take a photo copy if you want

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
You will be taught to drive. You will leave with the minimum of a truck drivers licence. Why, because the French army states that any chef de bord, person in charge of the vehicle must have the equivalent of the driving license of the person driving the vehicle. With the exception of a bus driver's license.

So as a corporal you may find yourself in the passenger of a truck's cabin.
You will be taught at an early stage how to drive a light vehicle (car, P4) but in order to save time and not have the legionnaire take two courses, you will also pass the truck drivers course.

The fact that you already have a driver's license is good. But do you know the French highway code? I thought not. And do you know what type of oil to put in the moteur- sorry, do you know what the French army designates it's moteur oil?
Was it 0023 ? Anyway, you will be taught all this, including how to change air filters, a wheel and how to fill in an accident report in French.

Also you can go on to pass your motorcycle course, your super heavyweight vehicle (SPL) and so on, all of which you can then convert into a French civvy driving license. What more do you want ?

Go for it mate and make the most out of your 5 years.
i will be the best version of me!!