a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pull up form at selection

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
There is straight, locked, and bent it is a combination of the first two not the last. You will be counting 1,2,3,4,... The Caporal will be 1,1,1,2,2,2,3.... You failed

Man, I would loved to be under your command! There would be a lot and a lot punishments for me (I'm little bit masochist ;)) but I think you would like me after all. taht . I have to be a soldier! There is no other destiny for me!

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Man, I would loved to be under your command! There would be a lot and a lot punishments for me (I'm little bit masochist ;)) but I think you would like me after all. taht . I have to be a soldier! There is no other destiny for me!

No Duda, I never was a very exceptional at Pull-ups. We used to have what we called race horses, those that could run 3 miles in 18 minutes, knock out 20 pull-ups, and get 100 crunches in 2 minutes, that is a perfect PFT SCORE of 300 points.

I could do about 12 complete dead hang pull-ups, run a 21:45 3 mile run, and I could always get the 100 crunches and score a fairly decent 1st class PFT

I was a work horse, I could complete the forced marches like the Kepi Blanc March without any difficulties at all

Now, you are right you would have aggravated the hell out of me but hey, there was always the bottom of a rock somewhere that needed paint, you would have been a Rembrandt

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Now, you are right you would have aggravated the hell out of me but hey, there was always the bottom of a rock somewhere that needed paint, you would have been a Rembrandt

Home improvement ?
Sorry Dusa, I just couldn't resist it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Philippine
Sorry but what does locking your elbows mean? Do you mean you have to return to full hang each time you go down?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Sorry but what does locking your elbows mean? Do you mean you have to return to full hang each time you go down?
Yes. Maybe is good idea to make little pause while hanging down (but not to long)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Home improvement ?
Sorry Dusa, I just couldn't resist it.

Why not Joe? I'm enjoying doing that and I'm good in it. I did whole my house (is not small) with styrofoam isolation and all rest which goes with it so it looks pretty nice right now. I can send you some private pics if you want? So you can see my work. BTW I do it all by myself, first time doing it that job, with only help from internet and some friends (which was obscure).

So yes, I would be glad to paint legion barracks and other buildings. Also I can do all kind of other jobs like electric wiring, different mechanical jobs and also many similar technical things. I'm engineer of mechatronics (mechanical (machines)- electronics and programming, robotics and s*it etc.

Also I understand meaning of punishment were they (yes USMCRET I do understand that !!! :)) make you paint same stones over and over ( I mean I understand it to some point) that is "Sisyphus task" and it could be useful to integrate disobedient and self minded, rebel type persons. (I'm not one of them!)

And of course more and everything I'm ready to be a soldier. All that is just bonus on my CV.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So...... Go? It's not like you're taking years to do it.

... Wait.
No does not. I was almost ready and things gone bad for me (I injured my knee while doing parachute jump :) ) So ... hopefully everything will be fine for me to go until isn't too late.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Ah not this cr@p again, if Dusa goes he goes...if he doesn't so what? He's the forum mascot and assists with intelligence operations;) as well as humour with the weekly philosophical bear rants.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Old enough. ;)

:) I would hit 35 soon
still a young pup.
Forty is the old age of youth, fifty the youth of old age ... no longer true many men are very fit into their Golden years

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Dule,

I really don't want this to look like I am mocking or provocating , but I can't resist posting this "Jazz" version of "Hey Slavs!" ("Hej Slaveni" was the anthem of Jugoslavija)
Faces of soldiers said it all.