a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
hello
is there any possibility to go at the selection earlier than caporal told me?
i can find any decent job , and i can't pretty much adapt to normal life, moreover I don't have any reason staying at home and not go try another time..
what do you suggest ?
only 5 months passed since i went but he told me to come. back after a year, but ain't got no paper to prove that i have to wait that period of time

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Marius, it will help if you tell us why he told you to come back after a year. and also what have your done about it. For example did he say it because of your fitness etc.

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
because i had an infection in my throat, and i couldn't breathe properly, and i was forced to get some medicine at hospital, but he said to come back after a year if i leave

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Use the time getting fitter and fitter
Work any bull shit job. .to feed your self and buy a ticket back to France

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes now I remember you telling us about it, sorry there is so much traffic (posts) I lost it. How long were you there? Are you sure that you are in the data base? Had you been seen by the doctor when you couldn't breath?

Listen mate, it's all right coming on here and asking advice but we need the full story,

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I remember him now too
Came down with a throat infection
I advived him, après coup, not to shake hands and turn his head in the opposite direction if some one is cougthing
Joe suggested the anti bacterian liquid soap (small bottles)
Our advice stands valid and not to be ignored

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Yes now I remember you telling us about it, sorry there is so much traffic (posts) I lost it. How long were you there? Are you sure that you are in the data base? Had you been seen by the doctor when you couldn't breath?

Listen mate, it's all right coming on here and asking advice but we need the full story,

i've stayed a week, i passed the medical test, but after that i had the infection..

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
how can i know if i'm their database?
i should post a link to previous post with my experience there?

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
how can i know if i'm their database?
i should post a link to previous post with my experience there?

I think you would only know if you went back early and it flagged up you had been told to return in a year. I think if you got paperwork you would be on the system. But again dont think anyone can really be sure of this lol

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Marius, I've just re-read your first post (on here). I can't think who could possibly answer your question...

only 5 months passed since i went but he told me to come. back after a year, but ain't got no paper to prove that i have to wait that period of time

... except me or the Night Jumper. Go back as soon as you can, forget about what the corporal told you, he knows nothing. Remember the advice that Le petit caporal gave you concerning hygiene and passing on/receiving germs... and GO! Now, at the latest tomorrow.

Keep us informed by dropping us a quick post (at the latest Friday morning) just before knocking on the door. Now GO.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You don't need a paper. You are well remembered in the DSPLE, CAPLE and else where. SHOW up one day after one year, Don't be a dip sh*t and shoot yourself in the foot and show up earlier and get a definitf, cause you are BRAIN DEAD.