a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macron's European Army

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What a joke, and I am not saying it in a demeaning way either. Look at the size of the Russian Armed Forces and the Chinese Armed Forces. An all European Army to Protect Europe, most EU countries in NATO do not even pull their fair share and devote what they are supposed to for NATO. So, now all of a sudden an EU Army is going to be funded and all countries are going to bulk up their Armed Forces to the levels required? Please!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/06/macron-calls-real-european-army-protect-eu-us/

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The European army has been talked about since the Mitterand's days. Some common interests cooperation and that's about it.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The European army has been talked about since the Mitterand's days. Some common interests cooperation and that's about it.
When it comes down to it actually forming it and getting all to play nice and do their fair share, well hummmm
It's okay Dusaboss for the thumbs down, your dream would be no NATO. Ain't going to happen any time soon.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) It's okay Dusaboss for the thumbs down, your dream would be no NATO. Ain't going to happen any time soon.
I'm just supporting the idea of a European army and more independence from US. As Trump says "They should pay for our protection" (sounds like racketeering BTW). Protection from whom? Evil Red Russians and Chinese who all pumped up just waiting to attack and destroy Europe? Give me a break, we don't live in the 60s anymore. Cold war is long gone and the need for NATO has significantly reduced if not gone altogether.

Would US give bigger independence and let import decision making to European countries if they give more money for guns? Of course not. There is only one sheriff in town.

I don't think Trump. US overall.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Pfffft. I'm American, and even though I have become more aware of our many failings as a nation, I think this article is ridiculous. We are all allies in NATO. America is going through a very rough patch with Trump and his rhetoric, but we will never stop being allies with NATO. Feckin ridiculous

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Macron like Merkel is just another globalist puppet, he's destroying France. There has always been Cooperation between EU armies. UK forces have used Training areas in Poland for some years now. Still think Polak women are sexy... Just my 2 cents Brahs...

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Sexpert's pattern of thinking: NATO »» Training in Poland »» Polish women »» sex. :)

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm just supporting idea of European army and more independence from US. As Trump says "They should pay for our protection" (sounds like racketeering BTW). (...)
Sure, the US is all for the European Countries being self sufficient, however they are not. Look at the size of their armed forces, their readiness, and their equipment readiness in comparison to the Chinese and Russians. Million Plus Armies (Active and Reserves) and a shitload of equipment.
Can the EU field an Army of that size? It's very questionable at best. Their track record is no other country is carrying their weight in NATO with a Standing Army, Financial Commitment, and a true willingness to step in and defend our allies in NATO.

Pfffft. I'm American, and even though I have become more aware of our many failings as a nation, I think this article is ridiculous. We are all allies in NATO. America is going through a very rough patch with Trump and his rhetoric, but we will never stop being allies with NATO. Feckin ridiculous
Trump is the Man, I served under 8-years of the Clinton Administration and I had to suffer through barely being able to re-enlist due to force draw downs, had to plan for field operations at Bogue Field and not have the Fuel for our 5-tons to deploy us to the field, and I had to tolerate that piece of shit trying to destroy the US Military, especially the Marine Corps. I retired three or four days before that big eared goofy b-tard Barack Hussein Obama became the Commander in Chief, look at all the good that a**hole did.

Sexpert's pattern of thinking: NATO »» Training in Poland »» Polish women »» sex. :)
Dusaboss, you say that as if there is something wrong there. A little body heat never hurt anyone.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusaboss, you say that as if there is something wrong there. A little body heat never hurt anyone.
He said one time that where he lives all the women have left... Guess now the goats are keeping him warm :D

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Russia is in the incapacity of invading Europe, just invade a couple of neighbours and no more. We are 3x more in population. We have our weak links too Germany, England, France and Switzerland. Belarus is waiting to be liberated
Serbia, the able body fighters are living in the rest of Europe on social aid and we have them surrounded.
China is only capable of bullying neighbouring countries (with the complicity of the US for letting them get away with it), like in Tibet, Taiwan, Vietnam etc. Europe alone can make both, their economy fall or hinder, we import their shite. Once a boycott of 'made in China' is strictly applied and massive unemployment sets in... Hunger, riots and migration...
We bank their money, we have the FFL, let's make Europe great again.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
Sure, the US is all for the European countries being self sufficient, however they are not. (...)
I have my doubts on that. It seems that Mr Trump wants the European countries all shattered, not united. That's why he wants bilateral deals rather than dealing with the whole Union... The united they are stronger, separated they are a much easier target for not so good deals.
In the end he is trying to achieve what he promised during his campaing, "make America great again".

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
He said one time that where he lives all the women have left... Guess now the goats are keeping him warm :D
Daadadadadadadada

Russia is in the incapacity of invading Europe, just invade a couple of neighbours and no more. We are 3x more in population. We have our weak links too Germany, England, France and Switzerland. Belarus is waiting to be liberated
Serbia, the able body fighters are living in the rest of Europe on social aid and we have them surrounded.
China is only capable of bullying neighbouring countries (with the complicity of the US for letting them get away with it), like in Tibet, Taiwan, Vietnam etc. Europe alone can make both, their economy fall or hinder, we import their shite. Once a boycott of 'made in China' is strictly applied and massive unemployment sets in... Hunger, riots and migration...
We bank their money, we have the FFL, let's make Europe great again.
Truth, China needs the EU and the USA to buy their goods, if not massive fail. China is trying to become a country that can project its power over long distances, they cannot. Russia is a bully and they only respect one thing, getting punched back in the face.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
So what is idea? Take over Russia, China, India etc. Leave Kim Jong-un as relic of the good old times and eventually get ruled over by Muslims, Jews and homos? Good luck with that. If that is the other option, I would stay here happy with my goats. ;)
BTW guys, you contradict yourself so hard.

Daadadadadadadada

Last edited by a moderator:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
(...) BTW guys you contradict yourself so hard.
No we do not contradict ourselves. Russia is a very viable threat. Those assholes invaded a neighboring country, destabilizing it and mixing in with the local assholes destabilizing the legitimate government. They keep harassing our aircraft operating in international waters, we need to shoot down one of those scrub ass Russian jets and pilots. Let me be very clear here, if it were not for nuclear weapons we'd wipe their asses out and it would not even be a contest. Their bullshit scrub conscript Army and equipment are shit. Patton had it right, we should have turned and destroyed them after Germany. Let's be clear, without the US Army's Air Corps, now the US Air Force, hammering Germany with 1000s of bombing missions Russia never would have made it to Berlin, my opinion.

GSP

Reaction score
Home Country
Argentina
No we do not contradict ourselves. Russia is a very viable threat. Those assholes invaded a neighboring country, destabilizing it and mixing in with the local assholes destabilizing the legitimate government. They keep harassing our aircraft operating in international waters, we need to shoot down one of those scrub ass Russian jets and pilots. Let me be very clear here, if it were not for nuclear weapons we'd wipe their asses out and it would not even be a contest. Their bullshit scrub conscript Army and equipment are shit. Patton had it right, we should have turned and destroyed them after Germany. Let's be clear, without the US Army's Air Corps, now the US Air Force, hammering Germany with 1000s of bombing missions Russia never would have made it to Berlin, my opinion.
Russian are bullies and yes it's commons news that they like to harrass US aircrafts, but even if we take out the nuclear weapons out of the picture, do you really think that taking Russia down is "easy as 1-2-3, done" deal? Plus when was the last time that the US Armed force faced a true professional army with modern hardware?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
USA doing all the same, in much greater scale just have more style and better PR. ;)

Battles are won at the stock exchange
Of course. And some other unconventional "battlegrounds". Old wars style nation against nation, ideology against ideology are things of an past. Even national states losing it meaning and it would be probably disappear in future at least in forms that are in now, BTW national states ain't here forever. It's pretty new concept only 300 y old and it would be probobly exceed by humanity.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It was a do or die situation, with a possibilité of obtaing a fair deal in a future armesty
USA having imposed an embargo for petrol etc
Due to Nip expansion