a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoos

Reaction score
Home Country
Poland
Hi everyone. My name is Martin from szczecin, poland. I cannot find a anserw for my question. One say that in legion they accepted tattoos and the others says that u cannot have it. I got 2 big tattoos on my arms and forearms. Big its mean they are full tattoed and i got one more on my leg. I read that this is totally disqualified me to join to legion. My tattoos are not rasist or politician i made it in the best tatto studio in szczecin, poland by the best tattoo artist so i treat them like a art. How do u think do i have a chance to join to legion? If u want i can send a pic so u can see what im talking about. Thank u for ur opinion. Greetings

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi Wescol and welcome
I think the tatoos on your arms will be okay for the Legion
Send us a pic

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
To answer your question, all tattoos are ok, except racist or explicit tattoos. A member of the forum that has been temporarily banned is a Legionnaire covered head to toe in prison tattoos. They are up his neck, on his hands, everywhere. And none of them are racial or gang related, and he got in. Even small tattoo on the face like a tear drop or small symbol is ok with the Legion. Your tattoos are very artistic, good looking, professionally done. You will be fine

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Simply a personal opinion for those without tattoos. If you join a unit think carefully about getting a tattoo. Reason being is that if you wish in future to work on the 'Dark Side' they are not appreciated and can inhibit your recruitment.

Of course it is all an individual choice.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Simply a personal opinion for those without tattoos. If you join a unit think carefully about getting a tattoo. Reason being is that if you wish in future to work on the 'Dark Side' they are not appreciated and can inhibit your recruitment.

Although I have never worked other than out in the open, I can clearly see what you are saying. If you get, and I've seen it, 2REP on your fingers, then don't try and pretend to an ancien that you were never in the legion.
I've often thought about the cockup with bravo 2 zero, if they had tatts of RMs, 2para, Aussi Light infantry or whatever, all as fit as athletes, how would they hope to pass off as a mere (?) search and rescue?

I remember an ancien -of the legion- and the forum, a certain Ossie O. advising "think before you ink"

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
In the pic, you seem to have a silver plated cock or is it an optical illusion

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia

Hey Chas, could you please clarify what do you mean by the 'Dark Side' ? Just curious.

Thanks

pop's

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
My Johnny with 4,5yrs 2REP service has no tattoos. I told him why be common and have to look at the same sh1t on your body every day for the rest of your life. Invest your money and buy a house one day. I'm old school and real I'm proud of you Johnny. My Superhero, chiseled at 6,5ft tallsuperhero.jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Was that Photo taken at Malmousque, Marseille ? If you are not sure, would you please ask him,
cheers.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
My Johnny with 4,5yrs 2REP service has no tattoos. I told him why be common and have to look at the same sh1t on your body every day for the rest of your life. Invest your money and buy a house one day. I'm old school and real I'm proud of you Johnny. My Superhero, chiseled at 6,5ft tallView attachment 4242
Proper made in South Africa pop's. Groot seun!

pop's

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
taken at Plettenberg Bay, SA, August 2018 when he came home for a holiday Joseph. We were there to do the bungy.jpg