a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris: HK G36 assault rifle stolen from police by thugs.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I was watching yesterday's news about “les gilets jaunes”. In my opinion, the police had badly organized things. You have the “casseurs” (hooligans) from the far right and far left smashing and looting. Eye witnesses said that the CRS (riot police) waited too late before making a move. Your average Frenchman had just come to voice that he was p*ssed off at the whole economic situation. They move out of the way as soon as the matraque boys move in. So what are they waiting for? ! Surround the little B words and club em.[/I]

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Not all yellow jackets are the same some have good intentions 😊20181202_000236.jpg

Your average Frenchman had just come to voice that he was p*ssed off at the whole economic situation.

Didn't I see somewhere they had set up roadblocks and set them alight on the streets of Paris? I agree, at some point enough is enough and some people just have to be dealt with a certain way!

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
The French riot police are busy these days, so it is good there are at least three of them… I think. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1543775197835.png
Gendarmerie Mobile on the right, blue helmets. Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité on the left, helmets with yellow stripes.
1543775330447.png
Compagnie de sécurisation et d'intervention, helmets with blue stripes.

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
The French riot police are busy these days, so it is good there are at least three of them… I think. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have no idea about that, but they must be under some pressure with the tension of the whole situation considering the events of they last few years. As in they have no idea really who's in the crowd, regular angry protesters, thugs just out to cause trouble damage and rob places amongst the chaos or even terrorists or at least terrorist sympathisers using the protesting and roiting as cover to go out and cause harm.

bigun6605

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I seem to remember that during the 1968 riots De Gaulle put the Army on alert. Any chance the Army might intervene? How about the FFL?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I seem to remember during the 1968 riots that de Gaulle put the Army on alert. Any chance the Army might intervene? How about the FFL?
"Foreign" Soldiers rough handling French citizens ? political suicide.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not all yellow jackets are the same some have good intentions 😊View attachment 4267

Didn't I see somewhere they had set up roadblocks and set them alight on the streets of Paris? I agree, at some point enough is enough and some people just have to be dealt with a certain way!
Those are the ones in jail. Not the same as those in Paris.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Well they better start coming up with something. Christmas is approaching and the tourists are going elsewhere. These riots in the heart of Paris are not good publicity.
Already the police are on maximum alert for terrorist attacks. Don't forget the 2000 terrorist plot in Strasbourg on New Year's eve. That failed because the DGSI and police foiled them.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea

View attachment 4268
Gendarmerie Mobile on the right, blue helmets. Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité on the left, helmets with yellow stripes.
View attachment 4269
Compagnie de sécurisation et d'intervention, helmets with blue stripes.

Police Nationale and CRS have blue stripes on their helmets
Gendarmerie and Mobile have yellow
In large crowd controls, usually. ..
CRS (police)are deployed
Gendarme Mobile for the Gendarmerie. ...in both cases, the simple police man or gendarmes are called to help out (lack of persons)
Just for Paris a total of 4500 (combined) were used. ..and am sûre the Police Municipale also

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I better see some maniac pull a 2015 Paris escapade, what a waste if not. Perfectly good G
I seem to remember during the 1968 riots that de Gaulle put the Army on alert. Any chance the Army might intervene? How about the FFL?
Yes, its called 1REG, 2CIE on vigi and all others on vigi...DUH

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of HK. However we were better disciplined in matters of all riot control, burning vehicles and other mayhem.

HKP Riot drills set the standard at the Police Tactical Unit Fanling. Many overseas police forces studied and trained there. Now with changes who knows ?

If I can get round to it I will dig out some more photos to add to that posted.

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I believe that all French police do riot control training, so if necessary they can always use use some of them for backup.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of HK. However we were better disciplined in matters of all riot control, burning vehicles and other mayhem.

HKP Riot drills set the standard at the Police Tactical Unit Fanling. Many overseas police forces studied and trained there. Now with changes who knows ?

If I can get round to it I will dig out some more photos to add to that posted.
Us Northern Ireland vets know how to deal with it. Send them to tin City we'll train the Frenchies... :D. Loved my baton Gun. But let's not forget that Macron has a lot to answer for... This has happened for a reason. Macron is Soros piss Boy, a globalist puppet.

This will happen soon in other countries. The German people are starting to wake up and so is Belgium. These things happen for a reason. Remember not all these people in France are Hooligans... Merkel in Germany calls everyone against her a Nazi or a populist. She is the dictator, good friends with Macron. I'm not at all surprised at these riots.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I saw today in the French news that there are some small groups of extremists in Germany trying to copy the movement. It seems like the idea is catching on over there via facebook.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I saw today in the French news that there are some small groups of extremists in Germany trying to copy the movement. It seems like the idea is catching on over there via facebook.
The only Extremist groups are Antifa left radicals. Any other demonstrations.. Are called Nazis.. Utter rubbish. The green Party in Germany even supports them. Idiots. It's more complex than just calling them all Extremists. Mass Migration at all costs..no one wants it ..only left liberal idiots.