a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best FFL Books?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Cheers, I can see it now , I was mistaking the bipod leg for a cocking handle .

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Gator I wore the coveted Green Beret and was trained by former WW2 Cdos. (y)Commissioned twice, first time from the ranks. 80 next year. If only I was 32 again.:unsure:
Thank you for your service. Our Tier 1 units were modeled after the British commandos. Without our cousins like you god only knows where we'd be.

Congrats on the B-day. Time is a cruel mistress, haha.

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Cheers, I can see it now , I was mistaking the bipod leg for a cocking handle .
I'am glad you like it, 3Cie REP intervention Chad Nov-Dec 1990. Note the small piece of cloth with elastic band over the flash suppressor to stop any dirt getting down the barrel "regards Pink Floyd

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'am glad you like it, 3Cie REP intervention Chad Nov-Dec 1990. Note the small piece of cloth with elastic band over the flash suppressor to stop any dirt getting down the barrel "regards Pink Floyd
It's not unheard of for hunters to put a condom on their rifle moderators to keep rain or dust out, the difficult part is explaining to the wife why you need condoms when you claim to be going hunting šŸ˜

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

The ladies of Nicosia were not happy and took offence at the Lee Enfield 303 Mk 4 being adorned in such a manner.

In Southern China if a man is being cuckolded and his wife is having an affair the cognoscenti will say he is wearing a green hat. At the liberation WW2 of Hong Kong the locals were astounded and amused to see so many commando 'green berets. They asked if it was a wife swapping unit.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Chas what unit it was that guy who trained you? Where was he active during war? Do you have some stories from him to share with us?

On my recruit squad photo in the front row end right hand side you will see a Colour Sergeant.
You will note his medals. He was our Pln weapons instructor. His name was 'Dizzy' Dunsmore and he was an original commando finally serving with 43 in the Adriatic. His unit rescued (Green) Serge's father and gave their parachute silk to the local ladies. Dizzy also won the Queen's Medal at Bisley as the best military shot.