a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our man Guido

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Pink Floyd and Snafu are correct.

The magic of my original number in the days of pressed men was RMV202910. The V stood for Volunteer.:D

No regrets whatsoever.(y)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I've tried texting him, but it doesn't seem to get through. We're going to the shopping complex where Erika bought the phone. If I can't get through by the end of the night, I'll send my meilleur élément back to shop assistant.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Although the last post will be like, 1 minute before this one :rolleyes:, I've just got off the phone with Guido.
Snafu, he tells me that in his section there are 2 SAs, neither are from Cape Town, although there are a few in another company.
They're up there skiing in the Pyrenees. I'd asked if it was cross country, he said down hill. As for the phone, they get it at the Chef de section's pleasure so to speak. He's allowed to keep his as they are taking it easy for a couple of days.
I'm off to Hua Hin tomorrow and it's late, so I'll post the rest tomorrow.
Post script Post schitum.. I did ask it I could post the conversation. He says hello to all the forum members. And also watch what you take on your mobile !!!
Anyone going within the next couple of months drop me a PM. This confirms what someone else told me by PM.
NO BS

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Joe if you have any contacts with him send him my best wishes and all good from me. Our man, good man Guido. :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
OK will do. Today, while Erika is off shopping if anyone has any questions which require a Yes or No answer, let me know.
He told me that they went to Caylus doing live firing with the FAMAS and HK and also setting explosives. I've been there while in Castel and the REP. It's an enormous military camp with farm houses which is on by the government. You usually sleep in a converted barn.
Sexpert will be happy as he says that he has decided to ask for 1er REC - after having talked to one of the corporals from there. He also confirms what le petit caporal told us- anyone slacking off will be sent to the REP :eek:.
His chef de section (platoon leader) is a Russian or Ukrainian.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'd say that our man Guido should be winding up his basic training by now. Probably got the raid march to go and then the week of tests followed by orientation (where they start to ask which regiment you would like etc).
At this time in Basic training, it gets a LOT less stressful. You know what is expected of you, you understand the orders and you are communicating with those who do not speak your lingo in French.
REP fever has died down for all but the die hards and everyone is wondering what it will be like in their new regiment. He'll be spending his first Camerone in his regiment.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I managed to speak to my saffa mate in Castel over the weekend, he knows of a scot in another company that is probably Guido, my mate is doing his Raid next week. So highly likely middle of March they'll know their place and where they're going. End of the month its off to Regiment I'd say.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I managed to speak to my saffa mate in Castel over the weekend, he knows of a scot in another company that is probably Guido, my mate is doing his Raid next week. So highly likely middle of March they'll know their place and where they're going. End of the month its off to Regiment I'd say.
best wishes to them both

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'd say that our man Guido should be winding up his basic training by now. Probably got the raid march to go and then the week of tests followed by orientation (where they start to ask which regiment you would like etc).
At this time in Basic training, it gets a LOT less stressful. You know what is expected of you, you understand the orders and you are communicating with those who do not speak your lingo in French.
REP fever has died down for all but the die hards and everyone is wondering what it will be like in their new regiment. He'll be spending his first Camerone in his regiment.
REP fever?? My recollection was it was the bench mark regarding regiments also if I remember right it was quite evident that a lot were not going to make it or the grade but for the likes of myself ( it was the REP or nothing) so even getting jailed twice in basic training it came as a shock that I still made it and was given the choice to volunteer once again to fly!

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Some bad news I'm afraid... My section went to regiment 2 weeks ago. Me... I'm now in Aubagne with an inapte médical. I will be leaving the Legion on friday. I'll go into it a little bit but after its sunk in and I'm back home. I will give you guys all the info from Aubagne to the end of instruction. I injured both my feet in Aubagne when i was blue running over the rocks that stick out of the ground in paradise (those who have been will know) but i never said anything because i didn't think much of it as their was a little pain and some swelling I thought maybe the heat or some shit... It continued throughout the farm and my time at Castel eventually just before raid marche i told my caporals about my feet because it's a 3 day march and I remembered how painful my kepi march was for my feet. Turns out both my feet had fractures on the same place lol. After speaking with the captain in the infirmary and finding out the amount of time i was going to be in Castel before I could go to regiment I refused treatment thinking they would let me continue at my own risk but the powers that be decided i wasn't to continue. I've been told I could return after if I wish and volunteer again but I haven't spoken with the captain here at Aubagne yet so, that's about it for now.
Sorry to Joseph and Petit Caporal for not being in touch not had the access to my fone etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.