a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting my second life

Celestin

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Hi guys, after 2 years of training and dreaming it is the time to start the journey of my life. I am leaving on the next monday on 11th. I am a little dissappointed because I delayed my leaving due to the driving school where unfortunately I failed the road test but maybe this is how it had to be.

On the sporting aspect I think that I am acceptable – 25 tractions (pull-ups), level 10 at Luc-Léger –, I have nothing at home to keep me back, motivated enough to do anything I have to do to build my military career from scratch.

I am going directly to Aubagne. I thanks the Cervens board and all the guys who helped me and answered my dumb questions. I hope to be accepted because my second plan is inexistent and I bet everything on the Legion.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Bonne chance Celestin!
When you get there, keep your eye on a ball! Stay foccused on your goal - be persistant. There will be problems, don't lose your cool - ears and eyes open, mouth shut!
Best of luck, give us a shout here and there!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
keep your eye on a ball
What ball?
First of all I'd like to apologize for not being too active lately on the forum.
LP, I'll get around to answering your PM.
But I'd like to know what ball you have to keep an eye on? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Of course I'm only taking the Mick, Perun old buddy.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
................................⚽ There it is.

The only balls kicked around in Aubagne will be ....... he he he.🤣

Last edited:

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
What ball?
First of all I'd like to apologize for not being too active lately on the forum.
LP, I'll get around to answering your PM.
But I'd like to know what ball you have to keep an eye on? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Of course I'm only taking the Mick, Perun old buddy.
Both eyes open ey Joe:LOL::eek:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Celestin, don't you worry about driving, the Legion will teach you all you need to know.
The very best of luck to you. Keep us informed when you can.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Let's say that I'm a recruiter o_O
Hi guys, after 2 years of training and dreaming it is the time to start the journey of my life. I am leaving on the next monday on 11th. (...)
I'd say to you, what was so significant about yesterday?
Recite for me the code d'honneur du légionnaire, what is the recipe for coq au vin?
Now gimme 7 pull ups réglementaires. :whistle:

Celestin

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
That is a very good question that I wouldn't expect.
Well Joseph, I know that I would regret my whole life for not knocking at the Legion's gates, civil life is not for me. Driving school was the last thing to do, now is time for action. About yesterday, I figured out that I am wasting my time here and my new life is waiting to begin, backpack ready et au revoir la vie civile.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Naw mate, it's a cryptic question. Clue : That date that you are joining.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Tell him Dusa FFS ! 🆒☕
Actually Joe I might unwillingly join Serbian army.:eek: There was new law by which avery male Serbian citizen older than 30 y who didn't serve army would have to go through some shortened training lasting whole 15 days. We gonna become true killing machine after those 15 days. ;)

I had thought on my mind to ask them (Army of Serbia) to volunteer for that course out of my turn. That would be nice little experience for me before eventually joining FFL! Also I don't want MPs waiting for me for unmet military obligations when I come home on deserved leave from FFL (yeah I'm still dreaming! :))

Unfortunately,when I read little bit about it I wound out that is 3 times for 15 day during one whole year. (that would take me to much of precious time unless somehow I can finish that until this autumn). Also they said that advantage have men age from 30-35 with out f-ing criminal record! I'm 35 and I have stupid criminal record from 15 y ago possession of one f-ing joint!
Sooo. :mad:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Can ANYONE tell Celestin the significance of the day before his joining?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Actually Joe I might unwillingly join Serbian army.:eek: There was new law by which avery male Serbian citizen older than 30 y who didn't serve army would have to go through some shortened training lasting whole 15 days. We gonna become true killing machine after those 15 days. ;)

I had thought on my mind to ask them (Army of Serbia) to volunteer for that course out of my turn. That would be nice little experience for me before eventually joining FFL! Also I don't want MPs waiting for me for unmet military obligations when I come home on deserved leave from FFL (yeah I'm still dreaming! :))

Unfortunately,when I read little bit about it I wound out that is 3 times for 15 day during one whole year. (that would take me to much of precious time unless somehow I can finish that until this autumn). Also they said that advantage have men age from 30-35 with out f-ing criminal record! I'm 35 and I have stupid criminal record from 15 y ago possession of one f-ing joint!
Sooo. :mad:
either go now or Forget it... just enjoy your life where you live. you don´t Need to be a soldier to be a man. A man for me is someone who Looks after his Family. Don´t get me wrong i had some great times & would love to have been in the cavalry but i´m too old now for the legion. I think if i had been single when Young enough i would have gone. fate takes you in it´s direction. no regrets the Legion is not everything.