a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Dave, Eastern Europe

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovakia
Hello everyone. My name is David, I am from Eastern Europe and I'm 22 years old. I am really considering joining either the Legion, or my state army.
I do however understand, that it would be harder and tougher to make it trough in Legion than in my army, but I'll be honest, serving in Legion has been my dream since childhood, and it is still with me. I do know a lot about habits that I will have to learn and hard trainings I will have to pass. But since I discovered this page with real Legionnaires posting their answers I would like to ask few questions.
I am 196 cm tall and weight 103kg, a lot muscles because I am used to work out, but also fat. I am fully aware that I will have to lose weight and reduce fat, run a lot, but it won't be a problem. However I still think that my height is a disatvantage in many activities even if I am strong enaugh.

I would like to ask if you saw or know tall soldiers in Legion, and if it is really disatvantage in your opinion, and if you can imagine what kind of role would I get or to what regiment I would be assigned to.

Another question is, if my master degree in Management of Tourism and Management in Avionics can help me in Legion, or if they don't care about these things.
Thank you for your answers. :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi Dave, can you swim like a fish ?
Welcome to the forum
196 cm + 103 kg - 22 years old = puppy fat
Pull 7
Reach at least 7 in the Luc Léger test (beep test)
Expand your chest and lungs. ..you will need to = if not you will have difficulty (climbing ropes, running, marching and going un noticed, etc)
Articulations / joints will be a problem
Take up Yoga and other forms of détendre
Hope for you that you do not smoke or drink
Live sensibly anyway

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Hello David,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure greens will give some input like you hope. Meanwhile I recommend "Stoeng's preparation program " thread (via search button).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello David and welcome to the forum. I'm off shopping so I'll chip in my two Bahts worth later.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi, one of my mates was 6’2” But fit as a butchers dog, hight and weight did not compromise his ability to perform as well if not better than others in our section.

Reaction score
Home Country
Slovakia
Thank you very much for your answers guys I appreciate it, and thanks for your advice caporal, I assure you that I will work out hard before showing myself in France. I wouldn't want to embarass myself.

And what about college diploma in management? Does it change anything if you have it? I wouln't mind if not I would still definitely want to join , I'm just curious

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Merlot for me
I do not eat nowt on Sunday's
Trim and Slim in my Levis duds
This dude has class

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Thank you very much for your answers guys I appreciate it, and thanks for your advice caporal, I assure you that I will work out hard before showing myself in France. I wouldn't want to embarass myself.

And what about college diploma in management? Does it change anything if you have it? I wouln't mind if not I would still definitely want to join , I'm just curious

Any diplôme what ever is always good to show
Serves for accountability too for the Gestapo. ..better having diplômes than criminal convictions (tho one dosen't exclude the other)

Why am i thinking of Chicken Nuggets all of a sudden?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Any diplôme what ever is always good to show
Serves for accountability too for the Gestapo. ..better having diplômes than criminal convictions (tho one dosen't exclude the other)

Why am i thinking of Chicken Nuggets all of a sudden?
Remember we had a guy at work who was hated because He grassed on everyone. His girlfiend bought him a whole Chicken from an Imbiss. I will not say what one of the guys did to it 😉 i had to walk away when I saw the hated Person eating it. I was laughing so much 😂😂

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I am from Eastern Europe
Shhh! Don't say that here. It would give rash to some guys on board . :)

honest, serving in Legion has been my dream since childhood
Really? I don't understand guys who saying that here (Mr.Nugett you are not first to say that) . I always thought that Legion is place where you go when things don't go very well for you or when you actually F-up your life real good (bad). And now guys coming here telling that their childhood dream was to become legionnaire !?! WTF.
I am 196 cm tall and weight 103kg, a lot muscles because I am used to work out, but also fat. I am fully aware that I will have to lose weight and reduce fat,
196 cm, 103 kg, a lot muscles and also fat. ??? What's wrong with that picture? If you have 196 cm, 103 kg, and 0% body fat you stall couldn't say that you have a lot of muscle. And you also have to lose fat? C'mon man, you don't have a lot of muscle.

Anyway, don't take me wrong man. Welcome to forum.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Waste of Vin and a waste of Cock
Haha, I wanted to make a joke about it. Now I have to modify it. ;)

Le petit and Sexpert I know it's could have strange meaning when translated to Scottish, but I'm actually cooking dish. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
BTW guys my cock turned out quite nice. ;) You would basically licked all from ... plate. :)

It's really good traditional French dish (I think it is. Rapace, is it?) and it's hard to F-it up. One advice, don't use bad or sweet fine!

In this case I didn't used real cock, but next time I will! There is few of them running around of my aunt backyard. Next time, one will go down.😢 . This time I used some farm chicken legs so it was not real "Coq Au Vin"

Anyway, great dish. I recommend to everyone. Nice recipe, also I hope someone find this funny. Because F-ing is. :)

Last edited: