a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Forum am new here and this is my intro

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
First of all thank you for a great and vibrant forum here, I learnt of it yesterday courtesy of the French foreign legion subreddit.

Am Kenyan aged 32 years and currently serving my last year of my contract with the Kenya defence forces and my discharge is due for March 2020. I was born to serve and have been researching wide about my next move for awhile now and the legion seems the next logical place. I am impressed by it because of two reasons;
  1. Unlike our forces here the legion composition of people from diverse places,races,religion,culture and beliefs is something I find attractive. I would love to interact and experience other people's cultures while they learn from me also.
  2. Immigrating but doing it the proper way by pulling my own weight and paying the cost and serving honourably, rather than the shoddy methods employed by other people.

I have started my research well early so I can plan all aspects of the process. I have so many questions but I will read around so that I don't ask questions that have already been conclusively answered. Thanks .

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
Hello Stormborn 2019 and welcome to the forum. At 33 you will have to be fitter than the rest to even stand a chance to get accepted.
Luckily you are forewarned so you can train up for it. Good luck.
Thank you I have a whole year for it. My vitals are good no major health concern or issue except for two 2nd last molars on either side of my lower jaw that I had removed but all is well. When I do decide to go I will let the forum know. Thanks

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Stormborn 2019.(y)

Once your current contract expires in 2020 you will have to move quickly to report at the gates.
Your prior experience will be in your favour. Nevertheless age may be a problem but unlikely if you demonstrate aptitude. I also suggest that you save money for travel etc.
All the best.

Chas- Green Beret trained by former WW2 Cdos. And Yes I am that old.;)

Reaction score
Home Country
Kenya
Welcome Stormborn 2019.(y)

Once your current contract expires in 2020 you will have to move quickly to report at the gates.
Your prior experience will be in your favour. Nevertheless age may be a problem but unlikely if you demonstrate aptitude. I also suggest that you save money for travel etc.
All the best.

Chas- Green Beret trained by former WW2 Cdos. And Yes I am that old.;)
Thanks mate for your encouragement I have already put plans in motion hehe with age comes wisdom so I was told. Thanks

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks mate for your encouragement I have already put plans in motion hehe with age comes wisdom so I was told. Thanks

With age comes both wisdom and endurance. When the young recruits waver and start to worry over some aspect of training the older ones can demonstrate both mental stamina and greater physical endurance.

At 80 in May., I however rely on my mobile zimmer frame with all modern gadgets ?????:unsure::unsure::unsure:
It is better than Sexpert's useless tank and I for one always tell the truth as I have now.:LOL:

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Welcome to the forum Stormborn 2019,
33 is not that old ;).
Good luck with the preparations, see you on board mate.