a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOINING Introducing myself

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Hello cervens forum,
just want to introduce myself,, im a viking, 33year old about to join around begining of maj, in my early days ive been working as a personal trainer, and traveled all around the world, the last 3 years ive been in the security business and its been great, but i been feeling for long time that the civil life is not what i want, i make good money alot of friends , its all good dont get me wrong but i want to become a legionare. im 186cm, i weigh around 85-85kg, my running feels good , but i still progressing everytime i run så i fell good in that, my physical health is above the average i would say,. and my mental is 100% on becoming a legionare, im going for this 110% full hearth,

if you have any questions or something, just write or pm,

kindes regards Viking

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Vikingo and welcome to the forum. All that sounds good, except what about the outdoors? I mean the gym and the personal trainer, is very good.
Why not try a weekend with a back pack in the mountains with basic rations and no Hi tech stuff. Set yourself a circuit and only a transistor radio and a book.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
what i find funny is people pay for this tough mudder stuff. I knew a guy in a gym i worked in here in Germany (he was a British guy) who told people he was like ex special forces. I started working at the Gym & was told this. He also said he was a vet, a Doctor. People believed him. still does "Tough mudder training". people will fall for anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Hello Vikingo and welcome to the forum. All that sounds good, except what about the outdoors? I mean the gym and the personal trainer, is very good.
Why not try a weekend with a back pack in the mountains with basic rations and no Hi tech stuff. Set yourself a circuit and only a transistor radio and a book.

I love the outdoors, i come from a smaller town, and spent alot of time in nature as young, and when i been traveling i have seen all sorts of jungels and terrains, right now i have some nice hills where i walk with backpack just to get the outside gym training.. havent sleept in the mountains sins young tho , but im looking forward to that aswell, i might try a weekend before i go then :) (i have no problem being without hi tech stuff, thats one reason i want to go, to get away from all the social media people )

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Hello,
You seem all set. Welcome and good luck!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Vikingo,

Welcome to the forum. Heed the advice from those in Green for they have completed their cntracts with honour and fidelity.

You will soon ascertain that there are several in Blue who have served in the USMC, RM And British Army. We also have Canadians and other Americans who have served respectively in their military.

Enjoy the forum comradeship and banter.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hello cervens forum,
just want to introduce myself,, im a viking, 33year old about to join around begining of maj, in my early days ive been working as a personal trainer, and traveled all around the world, the last 3 years ive been in the security business and its been great, but i been feeling for long time that the civil life is not what i want, i make good money alot of friends , its all good dont get me wrong but i want to become a legionare. im 186cm, i weigh around 85-85kg, my running feels good , but i still progressing everytime i run så i fell good in that, my physical health is above the average i would say,. and my mental is 100% on becoming a legionare, im going for this 110% full hearth,

if you have any questions or something, just write or pm,

kindes regards Viking
Hi a lot of ex Legion guys go into PMC work or Private Security, you state you are doing it now, why give up a career at your age on the chance you may get selected don’t make sense to me!

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Tjenare grabben, hur mår du?

Welcome to our little legion forum. I served in the legion paras in Algeria, 2 REP, and at the time we were a small group of Scandinavians who formed an informal beer drinking club while we were all back at the base camp in Phillippeville. We called it the Eskimo Club, which consisted of two Norwegians, two Swedes, one Dane, one Finn and one Turk who had sailed on Norwegian ships and spoke quite good Norwegian, so we made him an honorary eskimo and gave him the name of Hansen.

We all served in different companies so we did not see eachother very often. One of the Swedes was a machine gunner in, I think, either the 2nd or 3rd Co. He was a great guy, with a legion name of Smith, I don’t remember his real name anymore. Anyway, what we always did when we got together at an Eskimo club meeting was to stack up some cases of Kronenbourg beer, shoot the breeze and get stuck into the beer getting drunk. Great Fun, indeed.

I attach a couple of pics of ‘Smith’ the Swede.

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Vikingo,

Welcome to the forum. Heed the advice from those in Green for they have completed their cntracts with honour and fidelity.

You will soon ascertain that there are several in Blue who have served in the USMC, RM And British Army. We also have Canadians and other Americans who have served respectively in their military.

Enjoy the forum comradeship and banter.

Thank you my friend! I try to go trough as many diffrent treads att possible just to enjoy diffrent peoples advice and storys! =)

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Hi a lot of ex Legion guys go into PMC work or Private Security, you state you are doing it now, why give up a career at your age on the chance you may get selected don’t make sense to me!

No sorry, Im not in that private security, in sweden there are a certain security jobb trough the Police, not a polisman but securityguard, Im aiming at private security (pmc) after The legion, or might just stay legioneer, Who knows only time Will tell =)

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden

Welcome to our little legion forum. I served in the legion paras in Algeria, 2 REP, and at the time we were a small group of Scandinavians who formed an informal beer drinking club while we were all back at the base camp in Phillippeville. We called it the Eskimo Club, which consisted of two Norwegians, two Swedes, one Dane, one Finn and one Turk who had sailed on Norwegian ships and spoke quite good Norwegian, so we made him an honorary eskimo and gave him the name of Hansen.

We all served in different companies so we did not see eachother very often. One of the Swedes was a machine gunner in, I think, either the 2nd or 3rd Co. He was a great guy, with a legion name of Smith, I don’t remember his real name anymore. Anyway, what we always did when we got together at an Eskimo club meeting was to stack up some cases of Kronenbourg beer, shoot the breeze and get stuck into the beer getting drunk. Great Fun, indeed.

View attachment 4657View attachment 4658

Tjena jony!
Jag mår grymt bra, hur mår du?

Woaw amazing pictures, Great story =) this got me smiling and even more hyped and pumped =) Im acctually aiming for REP2 aswell, couting down The days!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea

I
have seen this phzoto before. ..'Vintage photo's' ?

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No sorry, Im not in that private security, in sweden there are a certain security jobb trough the Police, not a polisman but securityguard, Im aiming at private security (pmc) after The legion, or might just stay legioneer, Who knows only time Will tell =)
Sorry I misunderstood now it makes sense I also served with some top guys from Scandinavia as they had a habit of learning languages quick they soon very much part of the Brit talking mafia, along with any other countries that spoke English quite a large group with plenty ofspecial K to keep the moving parts well oiled,good times.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Great pics jonny

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Sorry I misunderstood now it makes sense I also served with some top guys from Scandinavia as they had a habit of learning languages quick they soon very much part of the Brit talking mafia, along with any other countries that spoke English quite a large group with plenty ofspecial K to keep the moving parts well oiled,good times.

sounds like great times! :) im working on my french already to at least know the basics when i get there !

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
i have read som treads on what to bring but its not so specific on exactly what, do anyone know if i have permission to wear a combat / robust watch or that has to wait until basic training is done?

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I
have seen this phzoto before. ..'Vintage photo's' ?
Yes, my Scottish friend, you may indeed have seen them before, because they have been posted on the internet. You see, I was not the only guy with a camera in Algeria. There was a dedicated photo recording unit in 2eme REP under the command of Adjudant Schneider, a German, who had two blond and good looking photographers working for him. (Oh well, rumors, rumors.) Anyway, this team of photographers travelled around the various companies taking lots of excellent action photos, including the ones I just posted. As for my self, I also had one of the best cameras available at the time, but I was stuck to recording the things happening in my own company, the company portee, mainly. As for the two photos I posted here, I can guarantee it’s of the Swede. I knew him very well.

Attachments

• 1168895D-EE99-4325-A0EB-D45B43D27526.jpeg
    1168895D-EE99-4325-A0EB-D45B43D27526.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 5

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
And one photo of my own that I quite like. It shows my platoon as we were lining up to be dismissed after a hard day4660 patrolling the Algerian mountains. I asked the lieutenant if Icould take a quick photo, and he said, sure, why not. He is the one at the back on the right side, smiling.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
And one photo of my own that I quite like. It shows my platoon as we were lining up to be dismissed after a hard dayView attachment 4660 patrolling the Algerian mountains. I asked the lieutenant if Icould take a quick photo, and he said, sure, why not. He is the one at the back on the right side, smiling.
so you guys wore dark blue berets then? i notice a few are wearing i think Green? just curious.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
More Arabs in that photo, Jonny, than behind the mountain / Djebel for more than 50 Klicks