a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Criminal records

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hello.
Writing from the United States, I have a question concerning my criminal history and if I would be disqualified from selection in the FFL.

I was convicted for a felony, in 2006. I was also convicted of a DUI in 2009, also a felony. I have 2 felonies on my record and did serve prison time.

My question is. If I have fulfiled my obligations from my crimes, and have the ability to show my commitment to a purpose by attaining a few college degrees, would I be able to try out for selection in the FFL?

Also, I had surgery on my knee for an ACL. My knee is pretty much 100% and is as sturdy as my other knee. I am very active 32 year old. Would this be an issue?

Thank you.

The odd to tell the truth at like winning the lottery, sorry. Age, Felonies (2), and the Coups de Gras the ACL surgery, too many down sides. But hey, if you can manage gather all data you need on the ACL, not too sure about the Felonies and what you should or should not say, and go and check the box as having tried, who konws?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The odd to tell the truth at like winning the lottery, sorry. Age, Felonies (2), and the Coups de Gras the ACL surgery, too many down sides. But hey, if you can manage gather all data you need on the ACL, not too sure about the Felonies and what you should or should not say, and go and check the box as having tried, who konws?
To follow up with this, I'd take the advice of the greens as well. If they ask, tell, but be brief, do not give too many details.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
To follow up with this, I'd take the advice of the greens as well. If they ask, tell, but be brief, do not give too many details.
They will ask. Do not give the impression that you are being evasive. Learn your story well before hand and stick to it. There is NO coming clean later.