a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needing a good name for my puppy

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, after a lot of thought I've decided to get a dog, I've been looking for a long time for the right one as I go hiking and camping so had a rough idea of what kind of dog I was after and now I've finally found him!! he is absolutely gorgeous, he was born 28th March(my late mam's birthday) and I wont be getting him until 23rd May, he is a pure black long haired German Shepard, the hardest part of all this is trying to decide on a good name for him, so far I like....
Flint, Hunter, Apollo, Rocco and Bowie(after David Bowie) but I thought I'd ask you lot for your input on any good and unique names? xx

20190425_193130.jpg20190425_193111.jpg

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What about prince. We had a black dog just like him and He grew up with us as Kids. Just had a small bit of tan.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
My dog is called Mr Stanley, but we just call him Stanley.

Attachments

• 67D5931E-587D-4244-8DBE-05405F997039.png
    67D5931E-587D-4244-8DBE-05405F997039.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If you ask me definitely Bowie from his bisexual phase. ;)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Look at him! His really looking sexy as boy or an girl ! Love him ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Getting back on track. From my days of garde punis in the REP,we also had the dog handlers in our section. I remember them telling me that if you have a dog and you want to train it to obey, you have to give it a name that will draw it's attention straight away. For example the REP's unofficial mascot (a retired attack dog) was Called Djibout, rather than Djibouti.
So to avoid confusing the dog by shortening it's name when trying to train it you should give it a short sharp name. It's the same as when you are training it - one word eg. instead of saying sit down, you snap Sit! When you want him to come to you snap seedam (par example) come! Sit!
I used to have a cat called Miss Tumbleweed which was then reduced to TW and finally to U, I never did get her to sit on command.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Nah, call him Elvis. Easy to distinguish from other sounds. When calling him you go El-Vis, and if that doesn’t work you just play Hound Dog.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
:unsure: whatever bro...
Said by who? :) I'm serious. If I have to name sexy androgynous person that would be Bowie form that video.

I know that he is definitely too feminine for you taste Sexpert. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
As in kooshie kooshie ya ya?

Dusa :)Could be a good one for serenading Celia with;)
Haha yeah right! Once we started let's keep it in same tone. It doesn't matter anyway. She is cold hearted sweet little lesbian!

Btw the text says "She said "hello, hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?"" :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Said by who? :) I'm serious. If I have to name sexy androgynous person that would be Bowie form that video.

I know that he is definitely too feminine for you taste Sexpert. :)
I have nothing against other people and their sexual desires. 😄