a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martial Arts

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I have taught and engrained in my kids the acronym, S.T.B. Sternum, Throat, and smash the back of their head, base of the neck with a closed fist hammer. Bully done in very quick fashion.
Hmmm. Hit in throat really works. I Know that very well, I was KO with it in one match, but guy isn't aimed for my throat. It was more mistake and me being stupid enough to rise my chin so high. Otherwise it's really small and hard to hit target. Expect at start of fight as first unexpected hit I would not advise.
You can KO someone with hit in back in head, but how you gonna hit them there? Maybe just for limited situations if someone trying to drop you on ground by grabbing your legs.
Sternum? what you gonna do wit it?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
this was my boyhood hero Neil Adams .. first to beat the Japanese & take Gold. He wrote an excellent book on armlocks. watch how he got him into the position...
Yeah this (finish) is great example how real arm locks work. You will not submit someone by twisting his wrist with two fingers.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yeah this (finish) is great example how real arm locks work. You will not submit someone by twisting his wrist with two fingers.
talking of fingers i also read some of this guys work. small circle ju jitsu. finger locks. There are a lot of frauds out there too. George Dillman as an example.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
all these Guys learned under Keith Kernsprecht (EWTO) then grounded their own schools.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
From my time here I met more than few guys who claiming to be experts (Sexperts :)) in many martial arts. With some of them saying to know almost all of them. :)

From my experience any of them did not join FFL. Ok maybe I'm not right person to talking on that subject. But I will. :)
stop drinking that cheap beer bro.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Easier to carry a sidearm and stiletto in your pocket , martial arts tend to go out the window when your opponent is a street brawler and anything goes.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Easier to carry a sidearm and stiletto in your pocket , martial arts tend to go out the window when your opponent is a street brawler and anything goes.
I always carry a telecopic baton. escrima i know.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What goes? There's not many illegal things you can do in street fight with car not already in MMA fights. If someone trained fighter playing dirty would not help you to win fight.
Not counting fight him with bunch of you friends or attack him with weapon.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
if you know escrima then you will know how fast that stick moves. sure in the USA you carry a gun and i would too but here in Germany you can´t (can).

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Why, to kill someone? One good blow in head with that and one could die.

Hay, don't insult my beer! Maybe is not costly but is still great beer.
I carry it because here it´s full of idiots from other lands who i will put it diplomatic are not Christians. they carry blades so i carry my thing.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I carry it because here it´s full of idiots from other lands who i will put it diplomatic are not Christians. they carry blades so i carry my thing.
Do you also wear your kilt in order to hide stick? :)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Did a self defense course with an old South African policeman.

Now pre-1994 police in South Africa were rock hard badass machines, not your bobby on the beat but hardcore. Our version of the GIGN, Special Task Force is trained with special forces and all training is done with only live ammo. In the border war they would work alongside SF and do their thing.

Anyways, he swore by an extendable baton, nothing is more intimidating than pulling out one of those and extending it out ready to go, can easily break a jaw or other bones with one well placed hit and compared to a knife you've got much longer reach.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What goes? There's not many illegal things you can do in street fight with car not already in MMA fights. If someone trained fighter playing dirty would not help you to win fight.
Not counting fight him with bunch of you friends or attack him with weapon.
I was thinking about it from a Soldiers point of view, ie FIBUA his rifle jams / out of ammo and he's separated from his section, side arm and a decent knife would be a last resort but he,d still
have a chance.
Didn't an American kill an Iraqi with his bayonet in one of the Gulf wars?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have used two types of baton wooden an extendable.

As for close fighting my commando Sgt gave me a few tips- beret to face, then attack. Spit at opponent -natural action is to recoil, flat chop to throat, V fingers to eyes, heel of hand very hard under chin or nose. Heel of boot down leg reduces mobility. Then of course all joints are vulnerable. Finally kidneys and testicles if injured incapacitate an opponent very rapidly.

I greatly enjoyed unarmed combat training. Now I take out on my pet Dragon or use my zimmer frame as a defence and attack weapon.:p

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I have used two types of baton wooden an extendable.

As for close fighting my commando Sgt gave me a few tips- beret to face, then attack. Spit at opponent -natural action is to recoil, flat chop to throat, V fingers to eyes, heel of hand very hard under chin or nose. Heel of boot down leg reduces mobility. Then of course all joints are vulnerable. Finally kidneys and testicles if injured incapacitate an opponent very rapidly.

I greatly enjoyed unarmed combat training. Now I take out on my pet Dragon or use my zimmer frame as a defence and attack weapon.:p
Yes... Like i wrote before an argylls Sgt told me spit in tge eyes.. Dude was as rough as they come 😁👍