a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Criminal record...

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Normally I would start with my name is ... but in this case I won't. Not that I have anything big to hide, but I don't want my name to be known just in case.
I've dreamed about joing the FFL (LLE) since a couple of years now and 2019 is the year I want to give it a try. I am confident about being accepted. Because even though I don't work out at all, I am still fit if I want to. There is just one tiny little problem that bothers me. In 2016 I was arrested in another country (in Europe) for a minor drug related crime. I was arrested with a few grams of cocaïne, a cellphone and a small amount of cash (400/500eu). I was sentenced for 1 year due to a lack of defence from my lawyer back then. In the country where I was sentenced, 1 year means 4 months so 1/3 of your sentence you have to be in prison. There was a huge lack of evidence that I was dealing there (even though I was...), but if this happened in my country "The Netherlands", then I wouldn't even been in prison. I paid my parole and was a free man. Until 2018, when suddenly I had to go to prison in The Netherlands from the crime I commited back then. The country where I was arrested and sentenced gave the case to The Netherlands and they accepted without checking if I had a fair trial. I did some time in The Netherlands and I was done I thought. But then this year I was in prison ALSO because they caught my cellmate back in 2016 with 3 grams hasjish on our cell. They also sentenced me for that 3 months and I was in prison in The Netherlands for 1 month for this so called crime. Now, I don't do drugs. I never did and I know I never will. I was young and naïf in 2016 and was in need for money. I haven't done anything wrong since 2016. My question now is... I know there are probably some similiar threads to this, but I want to make sure because I've read a lot.
Is the FFL going to check this or will they find out about this without me telling them??
I don't wanna lie but I saw on another thread from a legionnaire who said "lie, look him in the eye and say no I have no problems with drugrelated crimes. Honesty will get you no where".
I have no blood on my hands. I am not a hardcore criminal not at all. I just work now.
Thanks in advance, merci d'avance ou comme on dit à Marseille "Mercé" haha...

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
From what I read I think you have very little/no chance of being accepted if you let on youve done time for drugs , better not to mention it and stick rigidly to your story , of course theres the fitness side to sort as well and then there still no guarantee`s you would be accepted , excel at something , can you speak French ? or get super fit . its not far from Holland to travel to France and find out.

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
You're right man. I'm just gonna stick to my story and try to get superfit as well in the couple of months that are following. Luckily I can speak french. Not a 100% but pretty decent for my standards since I had no education what so ever. Thanks for your reply, it gave me some hope 😁

Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
From what I read I think you have very little/no chance of being accepted if you let on youve done time for drugs , better not to mention it and stick rigidly to your story , of course theres the fitness side to sort as well and then there still no guarantee`s you would be accepted , excel at something , can you speak French ? or get super fit . its not far from Holland to travel to France and find out.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ok my take on this, some crimes are ok come on it’s the Legion guys from all over the world mess up make bad choices or have no choices but some crimes are best forgetting as long as they are not serious enough to be on a European arrest warrant or lodged with Interpol! On you past brushes with the laws and prison it is only you that will spoil the party, the Legion has no access to checking your records their 4 concerns will be in no particular order medical/Fitness suitability/mental attitude language/desire
And just watching you mix engage and respond in the holding pen!
Your question would come under suitability their good got loads of practice I always say stick as close to the truth as you can be confident what I always wonder why to people come on this site to hang their washing if you ain’t worked all this out you lack confidence and thought not only should you be getting fit but you should think of your story have your life thought out challenge a response to a answer you give don’t be shy show desire that you have something the Legion can work with that’s what a lot of use pre internet soldiers did joining armies around the world being sold it via tradition or word of mouth best day of my life getting that train from Queens St Station to Aberdeen, we had fights on the train and the 2x dorms just fought it out a bit just a large number of young guys that did not have a fu-king clue and that’s a book on its own.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
You're right man. I'm just gonna stick to my story and try to get superfit as well in the couple of months that are following. Luckily I can speak french. Not a 100% but pretty decent for my standards since I had no education what so ever. Thanks for your reply, it gave me some hope 😁
No he is not right. You can choose to tell them true or not, but if it was only possession of small amount you would probably be accepted anyway. Or if you get rejected that would be from different reasons.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello Jmesrine and welcome to the forum:unsure:. Wasn't much of an intro.
By the way have you taken the pseudo J Mesrine on purpose?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What ever you decide to tell the "gestapo" you must stick to. There is no coming coming 'clean' later on. You must learn your story by heart. Think of the answers to any possible trick questions.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Amsterdam used to be the turning plaque for Cocaïne and other drugs but not any more. .these day's it's north east Serbia, near the Hungarian border

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Don't think hash is a big Deal. I remember a history teacher at school who smoked. Scored from my best friends cousin 😄

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Darko Saric
Nasa Stvar
Football club supporters
You are in denial, Dustboss
Quick look on Google will give more insight
Why the north east Serbia (where Dustboss milks his goats)
It's easier to enter in Hungary and the rest of Europe
True story, btw

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Darko Saric
Nasa Stvar
Football club supporters
You are in denial, Dustboss
Quick look on Google will give more insight
Why the north east Serbia (where Dustboss milks his goats)
It's easier to enter in Hungary and the rest of Europe
True story, btw
I'm not in denial. I'm saying there is no much cocaine on streets here. We don't have money for that.
Also cocaine route through North Serbia - South Hungary doesn't look realistic to me.
But yes there is strong Serbian mafia shipping cocaine from South America to West Europe, only route is not through here.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm not in denial. I'm saying there is no much cocaine on streets here. We don't have money for that.
Also cocaine route through North Serbia - South Hungary doesn't look realistic to me.
But yes there is strong Serbian mafia shipping cocaine from South America to West Europe, only route is not through here.
Albanians are the biggest players is UK coke distribution , the Police should be given the power to shoot them on sight.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Albanians are the biggest players is UK coke distribution , the Police should be given the power to shoot them on sight.
Yes. they are big players all over EU. Many of them from Kosovo. That's why they like this frozen conflict between Serbia and Kosovo. They can do everything. Criminals own that "state".

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia

Nonsense, there is alot of cocaine in Serbia, maybe not in ur village or place but Belgrade is full of it.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Sounds to me you are either the unluckiest guy in the world, not telling us the whole truth or you have next to no self-preservation skills. And I get that from your own intro.

My recommendation is to tell the whole truth to the DSLE (think that's it). If they smell a rat, even if its unfounded, you are done. If you tell the truth, you may look like an idiot but better an idiot than a liar.