a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANSWERED Probation

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
We have hogs in our streets often
We shot a loan Wolf a couple of weeks ago
Over 250 sheep and goats were put down to (his) doing
All lone wolves are male, btw
Wants to start his own clan (and it avoids cosangunite
What I would do is set up down wind on a Field us A rabbit distress call, that sucker will come flying in now keep in mind you have to do this at night so nvg is you have them otherwise a full moon.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
What I would do is set up down wind on a Field us A rabbit distress call, that sucker will come flying in now keep in mind you have to do this at night so nvg is you have them otherwise a full moon.

Wolves are a protected species in Europe. ..in France, only the Prefet can order a shoot. Usually by the Louvrier national or the local Hunters commitee.
It's not a sporting évent of any sorts
Far from it

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Needs the meat to be marinade
2 or 3 days soaked in red wine should do it
Post Shitum : add a bouquet garni if you wish
nothing like an open pit pig roast, and yeah red wine is what I add to my brines as well gives it a very nice flavor. Water, red wine, brown sugar, lemon slices, orange slices, rosemary, thyme, Himalayan pink sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder and a dash of sazon for color boom best brine out there. Keep the brine and use it to bast whatever when it starts to brown.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Wolves are a protected species in Europe. ..in France, only the Prefet can order a shoot. Usually by the Louvrier national or the local Hunters commitee.
It's not a sporting évent of any sorts
Far from it
Yeah same here, but they will open them up for hunts when the populations get over the allowed numbers. Now we can shoot them to protect livestock, coyotes on the other hand are open season shoot them fuckers all year. I prefer bow because it’s more of a challenge to me physically and mentally, I feel a lot more goes Into bow hunting because of the range limitations. I can sling a 400 grain fmj Easton arrow 80 yards pinpoint but after 80 yards i feel that’s more for fun target shooting not hunting. All my shots have to be pass through, the animal bleeds out faster more Humane.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Shoot a hog off season and expect a fine
Shoot a wolf any time of the year and expect a prison sentance and or your Hunters licence revoqued. Your guns will be taken away. You will be ordered to give a DNA sample
Wolves, Lynxs or what ever. ..some vultures down the Pyrénées way
Do not even think it

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It would be more mentally challenging to sneak up front of a sleeping grizzly and wake him up with a big slap to the chops. Then stand back till he get's his bearing's. Move in and head butt the fud on the muzzle
Takes baws

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
It would be more mentally challenging to sneak up front of a sleeping grizzly and wake him up with a big slap to the chops. Then stand back till he get's his bearing's. Move in and head butt the fud on the muzzle
Takes baws
Mentally challenged is about right 😂

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Shoot a hog off season and expect a fine
Shoot a wolf any time of the year and expect a prison sentance and or your Hunters licence revoqued. Your guns will be taken away. You will be ordered to give a DNA sample
Wolves, Lynxs or what ever. ..some vultures down the Pyrénées way
Do not even think it
Good to know, will I be able to hunt in France while I am there or is that for French only? I know I will be allowed 30 days a year or 45, I think it would be cool to see how you guys operate.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Just in case there's any confusion here, no-one said that you were stupid.
No confusion, you all seem to be a great group of men. Kinda guys I would like to hang around, I was on sports teams in school and spend a lot of time at camp with my boys. I appreciate all the comments, had me laughing this morning good time.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Just a reminder to everyone that there is a points system on the left. It would be a shame not to use it.