a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beep test

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What's up everyone, got 3 weeks and I'm on that plane to France.

I'm taking the actual beep test in the morning a local cross for gym. See where I'm at. I'm doing two a days right now. Cardio session in the morning, Weight and core training afternoons.

Monday I gonna put my kit together 80lb ruck, full complement of ammo, IBA, helmet, full combat load with my AR15, y'all know the deal haha and do a 75 mile ruck. Starting Monday 6am hopefully finish way before Wednesday at 6pm. I figure I can get that done. Expert Infantry when I was in the US Army standard was 12 miles every 3 hrs. Ive ruck in all sorts of shitty terrain.

Any words of wisdom from the legionnaires out there for cardio training these next 3 weeks??? I'm 5'10 206lbs I'm stucky dude. Def not no cheetah. I'll be at 190 by time I fly. Thanks y'all. Can't wait to get there.

Also training my brain, reading french language books. Just finished "Marching with the Devil" by David Mason. Ordered "Path of the Candidate" by Allan Durand today. I got a french app for language. I ordered a work book I thought it might help with the app to do writing as well.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
To be more specific, footing everyday, from what I can gather from my readings, The Legion is big on footing. I still got 3 weeks to train, how many miles should I be logging a day to prep for boot camp?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What's up everyone, got 3 weeks and I'm on that plane to France.

I'm taking the actual beep test in the morning a local cross for gym. See where I'm at. I'm doing two a days right now. Cardio session in the morning, Weight and core training afternoons.

Monday I gonna put my kit together 80lb ruck, full complement of ammo, IBA, helmet, full combat load with my AR15, y'all know the deal haha and do a 75 mile ruck. Starting Monday 6am hopefully finish way before Wednesday at 6pm. I figure I can get that done. Expert Infantry when I was in the US Army standard was 12 miles every 3 hrs. Ive ruck in all sorts of shitty terrain.

Any words of wisdom from the legionnaires out there for cardio training these next 3 weeks??? I'm 5'10 206lbs I'm stucky dude. Def not no cheetah. I'll be at 190 by time I fly. Thanks y'all. Can't wait to get there.

Also training my brain, reading french language books. Just finished "Marching with the Devil" by David Mason. Ordered "Path of the Candidate" by Allan Durand today. I got a french app for language. I ordered a work book I thought it might help with the app to do writing as well.
Hi Cody. First I want to thank you for staying loyal to this forum and give us so much fresh info. (Unlike many others who get accepted or don't and we never hear from them again).
I think that I already told you that I'm really glad that you made especially into REP. (Any chance of older guy, 35 y get in REP? ) Maybe I'm bit jealous on you :), but in good way which would hopefully motivated me to move.

No questions on Beep test. When you did first one, in selection, do they ask to go with both legs over line or it was enough just to put one leg on line?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Cody. First I want to thank you for staying loyal to this forum and give us so much fresh info. (Unlike many others who get accepted or don't and we never hear from them again).
I think that I already told you that I'm really glad that you made especially into REP. (Any chance of older guy, 35 y get in REP? ) Maybe I'm bit jealous on you :), but in good way which would hopefully motivated me to move.

No questions on Beep test. When you did first one, in selection, do they ask to go with both legs over line or it was enough just to put one leg on line?
I believe you replied to the wrong post maybe?? Thanks for the reply though haha ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Well I did the beep test and hit level 8. Thankful I still have 3 weeks to train some more and drop another 10 or 15lbs of body weight. First time I've ever taken a beep test. At first I was like hella lost in regards to should I start sprinting right away jog it in between sprint and jog. I'll have to start doing wind sprints more often. And do both feet cross one cross?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well I did the beep test and hit level 8. Thankful I still have 3 weeks to train some more and drop another 10 or 15lbs of body weight. First time I've ever taken a beep test. At first I was like hella lost in regards to should I start sprinting right away jog it in between sprint and jog. I'll have to start doing wind sprints more often. And do both feet cross one cross?
Film i saw they did just one foot but i think someone wrote here that it depends on who's doing it? Would say one foot

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Watch from the 10, 54 Mark. He puts one foot over the line. The american guy.
Ye I watched video. Still info I got vary depending on on who testing you. And while going with both feet over line against just stepping on line doesn't seems as much of a different it's actually significantly influencing your score (if you train beep test a lot ).
Turning technique on this two variations is totally different and if you train for one and then get tested with another you can lose significant distance. Because on turnings you losing a lot of time.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Ye I watched video. Still info I got vary depending on on who testing you. And while going with both feet over line against just stepping on line doesn't seems as much of a different it's actually significantly influencing your score (if you train beep test a lot ).
Turning technique on this two variations is totally different and if you train for one and then get tested with another you can lose significant distance. Because on turnings you losing a lot of time.
don´t see the need to put both over the line. But it would be wise to train both...in my humble opinion.