a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first leave after the farm

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
Four days after the farm the cadre let us go into the town of Castel for 4 hours. They came with us but we got to go if by ourselves so it was like a small breath of fresh air. I ate a 100$ steak and drank a lot. We weren't allowed to buy phones yet. That comes in another 4 days time.
So my friends and I just tried to get drunk and eat everything possible. We bought tons of food to bring back to Castel. Though I suggest going to the pharmacy and buying pain killers and anti inflation cans cause you're going to need it for the raid March.
The second leave was for 6 hours! OK here's my suggestion for this leave. Get a hotel with a couple friends. This way you're out of sight of all the cadre. We got a room for 100 euros ate at the restaurant in the hotel. Went and bought cell phones. Bought some liquor and just relaxed in the room. It was marvelous. We all came back hammered and happy from talking with our family. It was a good day all though I got chocolate on my kepi and my friend spilled a whole bottle of wine on his uniform. Lol no one even cared.
The rest of the week was pretty tranquille mostly prep for or trip to Caylus in 4 days time.
Little tip buy one phone with a alot of phone time like 150 or 200 euros worth of time. There's not really much time to go buy more time. Lots of guys ran out and couldn't use their phones.
Cheers. B. B. CODY

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Greetings and salutations,
Four days after the farm the cadre let us go into the town of Castel for 4 hours. They came with us but we got to go if by ourselves so it was like a small breath of fresh air. I ate a 100$ steak and drank a lot. We weren't allowed to buy phones yet. That comes in another 4 days time.
So my friends and I just tried to get drunk and eat everything possible. We bought tons of food to bring back to Castel. Though I suggest going to the pharmacy and buying pain killers and anti inflation cans cause you're going to need it for the raid March.
The second leave was for 6 hours! OK here's my suggestion for this leave. Get a hotel with a couple friends. This way you're out of sight of all the cadre. We got a room for 100 euros ate at the restaurant in the hotel. Went and bought cell phones. Bought some liquor and just relaxed in the room. It was marvelous. We all came back hammered and happy from talking with our family. It was a good day all though I got chocolate on my kepi and my friend spilled a whole bottle of wine on his uniform. Lol no one even cared.
The rest of the week was pretty tranquille mostly prep for or trip to Caylus in 4 days time.
Little tip buy one phone with a alot of phone time like 150 or 200 euros worth of time. There's not really much time to go buy more time. Lots of guys ran out and couldn't use their phones.
Cheers. B. B. CODY
Wow! That's the first thing I think of after reading that. Sounds pretty eventful. My question here is apparently you were able to bring back food. Are these food items things you can keep with you? And the painkillers and what not, are we able to have other supplements like some glucosamine or fish oil and things like that?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Wow! That's the first thing I think of after reading that. Sounds pretty eventful. My question here is apparently you were able to bring back food. Are these food items things you can keep with you? And the painkillers and what not, are we able to have other supplements like some glucosamine or fish oil and things like that?

Thank you.
Yeah I brought back loads of food. Produce chocolate I bought a hot pot to make coffee and tons of coffee. I think only protein is a no. My section was really relaxed so I can't speak for all the companies.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
(...) Though I suggest going to the pharmacy and buying pain killers and anti inflation cans cause you're going to need it for the raid March. (...)
What painkillers? Because when Americans say painkiller that usually think on Vicodin or Oxycodone :). But I'm pretty sure you cannot buy that in French a pharmacy without a prescription.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What painkillers? Because when Americans say painkiller that usually think on Vicodin or Oxycodone :). But I'm pretty sure you cannot buy that in French a pharmacy without a prescription.
No I just mean anti-inflammatories, things like that. Though I never tried to buy opiates here. Maybe you can.

Where would you keep it all? o_O :ROFLMAO:
We had three lockers to each person. And then we all share a big locker to put out food in.

Last edited by a moderator:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No I just mean anti-inflammatories, things like that. Though I never tried to buy opiates here. Maybe you can.
Only illegally and if doctor prescribe you , but that is only for really serious medical conditions. Rules are more strict on opiates than in the US.

BTW this was post for you, but I mixed:
Hi Cody. First I want to thank you for staying loyal to this forum and give us so much fresh info (unlike many others who get accepted or don't and we never hear from them again). I think that I already told you that I'm really glad that you made especially into REP. Any chance of older guy, 35 y get in REP? Maybe I'm bit jealous on you :), but in good way which would hopefully motivated me to move.

No questions on Beep test. When you did first one, in selection, do they ask to go with both legs over line or it was enough just to put one leg on line?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Only illegally and if doctor prescribe you , but that is only for really serious medical conditions. Rules are more strict on opiates than in the US.
Correct, you can´t buy opiates here unless you have a prescription from a Doctor. I had Oxycodone for my neck. Took it for a few weeks or a month then tossed them in the bin. Highly addictive. Oh & do not drink with them as i did one time. :D

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Correct, you can´t buy opiates here unless you have a prescription from a Doctor. I had Oxycodone for my neck. Took it for a few weeks or a month then tossed them in the bin. Highly addictive. Oh & do not drink with them as i did one time. :D
Hmm, in Serbia doctors would prescribe opiates only if you're dying from cancer. So, if you get addicted... it doesn't really matter :). I think there is opioids who are not that much addictive. Especially if taken as doctors say.
From what I'm hearing that oxycodone is very addictive and there is real conspiracy from farmaco mafia and doctors to prescribe them on unprecedented scale and for every little stupid pain for which no regular ethical doctor would prescribe opiates. That's why we have painkiller epidemic in US. Many of those people would go to heroin because is cipher and their government made sure that all of them have steady supply by controlling Afghan opium trade.
But NO! I'm talking BS. Our governments are not that much evil. They would never do that to us. They actually fight against drug in order to protect us. Yeah right. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, in Serbia doctors would prescribe opiates only if you're dying from cancer. So if you get addicted... it doesn't really matter :). (...)
Well... I had them for my neck (prolapsed disc). At the hospital the Professor was going to give me morphine but I refused.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Raid march or any other kind of march.
A pain killer in the morning, just before you start, one at mid day, one (if necessary at 15:00).
Eat black chocolat for the magnesium and drink water when you can
No aches, no pain and no cramps
Post Shitum : tape your feet
Post Shitum : Ibuforen 400 mg is the current tendance
No prescription needed

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Oxycodene is a synthetic opioid, stronger than vicodin and the other opioids. Was prescribed some when I broke my hand, that stuff is scary potent, had the 20mg one holy sh!t, I felt nothing. Works wonders.

Well i had them for my neck (prolapsed disc). At the Hospital the Professor was going to give me morphine but I refused.
I'm disappointed Sexpert, never thought you'd turn down a medicated buzz. ;) :D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm disappointed Sexpert, never thought you'd turn down a medicated buzz;):D
😆 😆 Yeah should have tried the morphine. Remember wason my PC had taken the oxycodone thought it's not that Bad had a few beers... Screen just was like a White glow. Thought.. Feck sake out my tree 😆