a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is the day

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The Yanks have Quantity us Brits have the Quality ;) just fixed it for ya bro.

Bahahahah, now that's funny. I'll give you this one, the US Army overall has quantity and there is quality in select areas, not overall as a massive moving giant. The USMC Quantity and Quality, we will bring the fight and crush will, heart, and hope, just saying.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bahahahah, now that's funny. I'll give you this one, the US Army overall has quantity and there is quality in select areas, not overall as a massive moving giant. The USMC Quantity and Quality, we will bring the fight and crush will, heart, and hope, just saying.
OK... I will say one thing: your SP guns were good in the 80s. Good Kit.
Lot of US guns used when the Queen came to Germany .

15810_10153207885856289_8274777992808794177_n.jpg

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
If the Russians ever rolled on Germany back then, the Warthogs and Apache Helicopters would have eaten their lunch all day long, full on massacre. Still the same, sh$t Army, sh$t equipment, conscripts fighting for nothing. They have nukes, that's it, other than that sh$t. Look at their weapons and tactics exported to the middle east. Takes about half a day to destroy all of it, that's not even hitting hard.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
If the Russians ever rolled on Germany back then, the Warthogs and Apache Helicopters would have eaten their lunch all day long, full on massacre. Still the same, shit Army, shit equipment, conscripts fighting for nothing. They have nukes, that's it, other than that shit. Look at their weapons and tactics exported to the middle east. Takes about half a day to destroy all of it, that's not even hitting hard.
Yes, the guns we had M109 were nuclear capable & we were tested by the Americans so the regiment was nuclear capable. I was one of the guys arming it. Not all the guys learned it just a team from each Battery. I got spammed for it. :) So must have trusted me...LOL

Yup, the Artillery God of War...

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Yes, the guns we had M109 were nuclear capable & we were tested by the Americans so the regiment was nuclear capable. I was one of the guys arming it. Not all the guys learned it just a team from each Battery. I got spammed for it. :) So must have trusted me...LOL
Yep, we had just a few tactical special loads for the 155s.

Yup, the Artillery God of War...
King of the Battle Field

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As did General Giap against the French garrison at Dien Bien Phu in Indochina.
We did too... What happens when you charge guns :(. Crazy to think that even in WW2 the Polish Cavalry charged German tanks. :cry:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
They were told that they were going up against German cavalry which they were, in a sense.
Ours is not to understand the minds of the Staff officer Joe :ROFLMAO:
But I did work on the staff as a Radio op of Artillery operations for the Brigadier CRA, Commander Royal artillery in 4 Div, Later 1 UK Armd Div. So did see their planning.
Anyway... Hope the OP chooses the 1REC (y)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If the Russians ever rolled on Germany back then, the Warthogs and Apache Helicopters would have eaten their lunch all day long, full on massacre. Still the same, sh$t Army, sh$t equipment, conscripts fighting for nothing. They have nukes, that's it, other than that sh$t. Look at their weapons and tactics exported to the middle east. Takes about half a day to destroy all of it, that's not even hitting hard
Don't be so sure of that.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Don't be so sure of that.
I would rate the East German Army , the Volksarmee over the Russians. I have met ex-cold war Russian soldiers and Navy. Also East Germans. My opinion is that the East Germans were not so massive with Russian equipment but had much better commanders, ex WW2.

Now you have to remember some of the best WW2 German commanders were also in the West. The Russians of course used the DDR high command to their advantage. They had dossiers on every NATO commander and we had the same. I remember , Joe will remember the old SOXMIS card. some of the East German and Russian "observers" were allowed to travel into W Germany.

This...

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Has anyone head from Buffalo Bill Cody? Last time we chatted he was still in the hospital, would be nice to hear how things are coming along. Iā€™m glad I am waiting until October, but it sure sucks waiting I just couldnā€™t justify spending 1500$ vs 200+$ for the same ride. Man they sure do gouge the heck out of the tourist, I was looking at hotels from now until i arrive and itā€™s 500+ difference for the same rooms same amenities. I found some rooms that are 250+ a night for 60$ In October, France must not celebrate October fest, I live in a little Swedish/German town itā€™s super lit šŸ”„ in October beer gardens Drinks all around itā€™s a good time lots of streets dances.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone head from Buffalo Bill Cody? Last time we chatted he was still in the hospital, would be nice to hear how things are coming along. Iā€™m glad I am waiting until October, but it sure sucks waiting I just couldnā€™t justify spending 1500$ vs 200+$ for the same ride. Man they sure do gouge the heck out of the tourist, I was looking at hotels from now until i arrive and itā€™s 500+ difference for the same rooms same amenities. I found some rooms that are 250+ a night for 60$ In October, France must not celebrate October fest, I live in a little Swedish/German town itā€™s super lit šŸ”„ in October beer gardens Drinks all around itā€™s a good time lots of streets dances.
just go

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Already have the ticket I tried to see if I could get and earlier flight they said not going to happen no standby.
Wish I was young enough to come with you šŸ˜†... I think you will be a great legionnaire. You look fit & have a good attitude.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Wish I was young enough to come with you šŸ˜†... I think you will be a great legionnaire. You look fit & have a good attitude.
That would be cool, how about we meet up for a drink one day Iā€™ll have my soda water yup forced will sober cab for the night. Iā€™ll buy rounds on me as soon as the Legion pays me of course šŸ˜‚.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nah, I am sure, no doubts
As many did before you. Of course the US Army can't be compared with Russian, but still they invested some money in their army in the last 20 years. Many of that want in rocket technology which is one of rare areas where Russia is in front of the US. That area turns out to be very important in conflicts like would be one between US and Russia today.
Your comment was arrogant and totally unrealistic so I have to say this. If you think that US just can ā€œblitzkriegā€ Russia... you are wrong. And what would be the reason for that hypothetical war anyway?