a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is the day

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
As many did before you. Of course the US Army can't be compared with Russian, but still they invested some money in their army in the last 20 years. Many of that want in rocket technology which is one of rare areas where Russia is in front of the US. That area turns out to be very important in conflicts like would be one between US and Russia today. (...)
Agree. I wouldn't take the Russian Army as a joke either. It was maybe the case in the years that followed the collapse of the former USSR, but since Putin take power, their situation has improved. They are quite advanced in the hyper sonic missiles technology.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
(...) They are quite advanced in the hyper sonic missiles technology.hyper sonic missiles technology.
Got me there Frenchie what are hyper sonic missiles? Guessing fast ones :unsure: :D. Still don´t think they would beat the US of A. I think China are more of a threat.

Mind you the Russkies did have the Stalin organ .. answer my own question.

actually these probably are the fore runners of the MLRS system used in Desert storm by the Heavy Artillery Regiments.

MLRS, what did they say... clear a grid square

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Hyper sonic missiles are missiles capable of reaching speeds of around Mach 10 and defeating all existing ballistic missiles defense systems. You can Google the term if you want more details. I'm not going to get into a “my dad is stronger than your dad” type of discussion, just saying that I wouldn't take the Russian Army as a joke. What would be the result of an hypothetical USA vs. Russia war? I've got no clue, but what I know is that, should this happen, not many of us would be still present after to know the final result...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hyper sonic missiles are missiles capable of reaching speeds of around Mach 10 and defeating all existing ballistic missiles defense systems. You can Google the term if you want more details. I'm not going to get into a “my dad is stronger than your dad” type of discussion, just saying that I wouldn't take the Russian Army as a joke. What would be the result of an hypothetical USA vs. Russia war? I've got no clue, but what I know is that, should this happen, not many of us would be still present after to know the final result...
My bicep is bigger than yours :D. Was not trying to be funny, just looking at the overall picture. Anyway I do not think it will happen. Trump & Putin have respect for each other.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) Trump & Putin have respect for each other.
Hmmm... Won't go too far in that discussion either, but I'm not sure if we can really talk of respect or if this respect is really mutual. I'd rather say that one has means of putting the other “under pressure” and keep him reasonably “quiet”. I'll let you guess who I think is the former and who's the latter.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm... Won't go too far in that discussion either, but I'm not sure if we can really talk of respect or this respect is really mutual. I'd rather say that one has means of putting the other “under pressure”. I'll let you guess who's the former and who's the latter.
Well I actually like both of them. Putin has quite a history & is a very clever man. Judo Black Belt (y) however like Trump has his enemies too in his own country. Some pretty Russian girls too but most here are Gold diggers :( like the Polish better. So when are you setting me up with a real Frenchie girl?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Umbro gray sport socks. Made in UK :), I'm kidding, probably China but its UK brand.
Well I’m sitting barefoot. I actually like being barefoot as much as possible.
When i was a kid in Scotland we never had central heating like today. Coal fires & my bedroom was so cold there was ice on the inside of the windows in winter. Run around barefoot still don´t bother me.
Also calf raises are better barefoot. Works all the muscles in the foot too. Even old school bodybuilders did this running barefoot in sand.

In fact i would go as far as to say that many soldiers injuries running in boots could be prevented & also therapy with barefoot training to help injuries. Running in sand for soldiers barefoot to fully train the feet muscles & protect & strengthen them against injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Putin and Trump, (both dead in the next 5 years and maybe the Pope too?)
Who cares. ..= the next candidats?