a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book about the FFL

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
One of the books I just finished. The writer was a guest doing interviews and research. It does give those like me a better idea of the daily living I think.
Image_1568134098.jpg

Attachments

• scv20190910_104847.jpeg
    scv20190910_104847.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Interesting back cover executive type summary.
Yeah, I think she was very objective in her writing. It is good sociological analysis about "institutions", and I think in particularly the FFL because it is required to live in the barracks...it can answer many questions for wannabes.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Likely, but still anyone without actual knowledge of the day in and day out life in the Military still will be disillusioned. Probably will help them prepare but then it gets mental

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Look interesting. At first glimpse doesn't look like yet another FFL book. With all do respect to Leginoars who wrote books, but not all of the have talent to be writers. :)
Also This look like more scientific book, but let read it first before comment.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Look interesting. At first glimpse doesn't look like yet another FFL book. With all do respect to Leginoars who wrote books, but not all of the have talent to be writers. :)
Also This look like more scientific book, but let read it first before comment.
Are you going to get it? Or do you want this one I can send it to you.?

Peter Lyderik

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Denmark
The book has been mentioned here before, and I have read it and can confirm that it is good.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The book has been mentioned here before, and I have read it and can confirm that it is good.

Yeah actually I recommend it for all wannabes. In this book, Enlisted Legionnaire are referred to as members or "inmates" and NCO are referred to as staff. I'd say most interviews are from this in 1rec and 2e Rep, there are some from other regiments though.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yeah actually I recommend it for all wannabes. In this book, Enlisted Legionnaire are referred to as members or "inmates" and NCO are referred to as staff. I'd say most interviews are from this in 1rec and 2e Rep, there are some from other regiments though.
might just have to get this book..