a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulgarian who will join the FFL.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Bulgarin reported at the gates of Paris early this morning.
About the decision where to report he decided months ago since he bought air tickets from Bulgaria to London(his family lives there) and then to Paris. Anyway since there are (maybe) not many Bulgarians in the Legion if he gets to Aubagne do we have ears and eyes to track his progress?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You can be the worlds best when it comes to weight lifting / boxing/ martial arts. Those fall by the wayside if you don’t have the stamina! Long days/ nights marching through the desert
have you ever really trained for MMA or any martial arts? understand your point mark but i do not think the Legion march in the desert like in 1918..LOL

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
About the decision where to report he decided months ago since he bought air tickets from Bulgaria to London(his family lives there) and then to Paris. Anyway since there are (maybe) not many Bulgarians in the Legion if he gets to Aubagne do we have ears and eyes to track his progress?
To where someone goes to join up is their own choice. Us lot can only give an opinion. As for knowing if he is doing OK in Aubagne, not really, unless he makes himself known to someone who on cervens and gets thrown out (or asks to leave). Other than that it's a waiting game. The time is usually around 3 months which is the time it takes to get through Aubagne and earn their kepi. Then it's telephoning during their first leave.
I wonder if there is a cybercafe in Aubagne. Now there would be a good enterprise; cheap but good food, beer (and yoplait for the Poles) and computer and telephone booths

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
To where someone goes to join up is their own choice. Us lot can only give an opinion. As for knowing if he is doing OK in Aubagne, not really, unless he makes himself known to someone who on cervens and gets thrown out (or asks to leave).
Sorry Joe, but we (Slavs) don't ask for leave so easily. (As maybe some other, here widely defended group of people tend to do ;)).

Am not saying anything here... maybe he would ask for leave... who knows. Just I can't not to notice that he didn't get even remotely close support as same ... random for example American, who are active for same period on board and who said more or less same things.

Who knows ... there is reasons for that I guess When young anglo-boy joining, support is all over. Young Bulgarian (he even live in England!) not even close.

Am I tripping about this? Tell me If I do. I would like that is just in my head, but I'm afraid that isn't.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not too sure I follow you there Dusa, Are you saying that we are less than 100% behind your fellow Slav getting in? Not true,
And no-one who dare to even think of Bulgarin asking to leave. When I said asks to leave, I meant that someone who he meets and has been on cervens asks to leave than he can keep us posted. The more cervens who make it the better, Whether they are Slavs or anglo-boys,😜 once they get there kepi on their head then they are legionnaires. All the better if some of the advice from members on here (serving, have served in the legion or other armies or just members) have helped them to get their képi blanc:.
So yes I think you are just tripping about this,:eek:😅.

Now Dusa, you know me, I'm not usually a p$ss taker...:unsure: but is this expression
Am I tripping about this?
an English translation from an ancient Croat folklore saying?
just asking:ROFLMAO:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Now Dusa, you know me, I'm not usually a p$ss taker...:unsure: but is this expression

an English translation from an ancient Croat folklore saying?
just asking:ROFLMAO:
Serbian, or Serbo - Croatian. Same sh*t. :).

Don't get it. You never heard about expression "tripping"?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
There is one Bulgarian here in the rep, that I know personal. Good guy. Got here right after I did.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
There is one Bulgarian here in the rep, that I know personal. Good guy. Got here right after I did.
Hello BB Cody,
i hope next Thursday Bulgarin to be delivered to Aubagne with the bus from Paris :) As i remember they delivering the fresh meat on that day :)

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Sorry Joe, but we (Slavs) don't ask for leave so easily. (As maybe some other, here widely defended group of people tend to do ;)).

Am not saying anything here... maybe he would ask for leave... who knows. Just I can't not to notice that he didn't get even remotely close support as same ... random for example American, who are active for same period on board and who said more or less same things.

Who knows ... there is reasons for that I guess When young anglo-boy joining, support is all over. Young Bulgarian (he even live in England!) not even close.

Am I tripping about this? Tell me If I do. I would like that is just in my head, but I'm afraid that isn't.
Just in your head Dusa! 😊it doesn’t matter if it was bloody Ming from China or Dusa from Slavland. We would still cheer you on! There is no discrimination once you have the Képi Blanc!

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
So I am not happy to say but Bulgarin went out civil and now is in his way out of Marseille. I cannot say more at the moment and he do not want me to provide more information but he have a lot to say. Hopefully after a while he will come here to say few words but if he do not want I think we need to respect his will.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
So I am not happy to say but Bulgarin went out civil and now is in his way out of Marseille. I cannot say more at the moment and he do not want me to provide more information but he have a lot to say. Hopefully after a while he will come here to say few words but if he do not want I think we need to respect his will.
Do tell.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Rashisan,
You can tell Bulgarian from me, and I believe that I speak for the other two Mods, no-one will disrespect him or mock him. If and hopefully when, he decides to come back on the forum - and I believe he owes us this much- we would be very interested to know why he decided to go civvy.
Not to mention the fact that he can give us an update of how things are gong in Castel, the farm etc.