a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to today?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I do not think this song is a Rebel song ..SLF sung about the times.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Although I, like many of you, have a great liking for stiff... I thought that I'd add a touch of nostalgia. This is a song which came out in '78, the year when Mark was jumping into Kolwezi, I was still at school at the time.
However, this guy called Steven Palmer, used to have an old cassette recorder on the handles of his converted butchers bike blaring out this music.:

If I might add, that it was because of Steven Palmer that we were both caught stealing empties for a brewery. In those days if you took back the empties to an off license or a pub, they would give you the 'return'.
A long story, but it nearly cost me from joining the Brit army because we both came away with probation.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Although I, like many of you, have a great liking for stiff... I thought that I'd add a touch of nostalgia. This is a song which came out in '78, the year when Mark was jumping into Kolwezi, I was still at school at the time.
However, this guy called Steven Palmer, used to have an old cassette recorder on the handles of his converted butchers bike blaring out this music.:

If I might add, that it was because of Steven Palmer that we were both caught stealing empties for a brewery. In those days if you took back the empties to an off license or a pub, they would give you the 'return'.
A long story, but it nearly cost me from joining the Brit army because we both came away with probation.
[/QUOTE]
I think that bottle deal is active now in Germany oven for plastic bottles. Sexpert???

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think that bottle deal is active now in Germany oven for plastic bottles. Sexpert???
[/QUOTE]
yes, the only plastic bottles i buy is bottled water. Although i read glass is better for your health. I believe they used to sell beer in plastic bottles too but it was very cheap sh :) t from Aldi or Penny Market

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

yes, the only plastic bottles i buy is bottled water. Although i read glass is better for your health. I believe they used to sell beer in plastic bottles too but it was very cheap sh :) t from Aldi or Penny Market
You are right. I only drink beer from plastic when I really have to. Can is second and absolute #1 is glass.

I pissed why they don't make coca-cola in 1 l glass bottles anymore. Was much better. Better than on 0,25 l in glass.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You are right. I only drink beer from plastic when I really have to. Can is second and absolute #1 is glass.

I pissed why they don't make coca-cola in 1 l glass bottles anymore. Was much better. Better than on 0,25 l in glass.
Have not even drunk canned beer for a long time. Although canned beer is ok. Tried beer in plastic once years ago & it was terrible. I used to only get water in glass but now it's not so common here. You can still get it though. Make your own beer dusa. Remember as a kid my mother opening a cupboard in my bedroom to Discover a big bucket of fermenting Ale... 😆 She never threw it out.. 😆

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Have not even drunk canned beer for a long time. Although canned beer is ok. Tried beer in plastic once years ago & it was terrible. I used to only get water in glass but now it's not so common here. You can still get it though. Make your own beer dusa. Remember as a kid my mother opening a cupboard in my bedroom to Discover a big bucket of fermenting Ale... 😆 She never threw it out.. 😆
I might try. I tasted homemade beer from friend couple days ago. I'm not happy with taste. My "cheap" beer taste better. :)

Joe, what they do with all empty Kronenbourg bottles in FFL? I tried Kronenbourg couple weeks ago. It was with some fruity taste added so I can't evaluate.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Joe, what they do with all empty Kronenbourg bottles in FFL? I tried Kronenbourg couple weeks ago. It was with some fruity taste added so I can't evaluate.
There is a sickly Kro with some kind of red fruit added to it. All the bottles will be sent either sent back to Kronenbourg for recycling or sent to the regiment's government recycling institute.
As for drinking a helmet full of beer...! I have said this before, no-one will force you to drink in the legion. Just the same as no-one will force you to smoke. It's entirely up to you. I've never smoked, but I do like my beer, my choice.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I might try. I tasted homemade beer from friend couple days ago. I'm not happy with taste. My "cheap" beer taste better. :)

You should. Homebrewing is a bit of a money pit; it almost always costs more than just buying beer from the store, but it's a rewarding little hobby. Patience and attention to detail are key, though. It's really easy to spoil a whole batch by not sanitizing your equipment, and you'll wind up with "beer" that tastes like vinegar.