a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mercenary (aka Legion Maxx) will be premiered at the Fighting Spirit Film Festival!

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Coming soon at a cinema near you.

Attachments

• DFFCE28A-4480-491F-B985-5BC54FD045D5.jpeg
    DFFCE28A-4480-491F-B985-5BC54FD045D5.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 1

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Nah. Jonny’s story would be much more interesting, but the problem would, of course be, who would be hansom enough to play him? 😎

Attachments

• 89C83389-C9C1-4D12-837C-AAD6F006A435.png
    89C83389-C9C1-4D12-837C-AAD6F006A435.png
    426 KB · Views: 6
  • 0C4710A5-715D-4421-8472-1EC3ADC2BDAD.jpeg
    0C4710A5-715D-4421-8472-1EC3ADC2BDAD.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Jonny you're the forum stud... 😆 No homo!!!
Ahum, something got lost in the translation, I think.

Ok, the story is a young Norwegian sailor of just 16 years of age, jumps ship in Dakar, Senegal, a French colony in 1957. He joins the French Foreign Legion, becomes a paratrooper and serves five years in the Algerian war. Collects heaps of medals, etc

Surely, for an actor to play this role in a movie he must be both good looking and a bit of a macho kind of character, I reckon. Perhaps a young Tom Cruise? Nah, too sissy. Steve Mc Queen ? Yeah, but a bit too old for the role. Robert Redford ? Perfect, but way too old. Oh dear.😎

OK, no movie about Jonny then........

Last edited:

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
As for the record, since this being close to Christmas, I have now swithed my evening sundowner from vodka tonic (with beerchaser) to aquavite and beer.

The aquavite just lovely puts me into the Christmas spirit, I can just make out Rudolf running down the hill now!

Back to single malt again for New Years Eve and the Edinburough tattoo!

Marry Christmas to you all!!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Ok, the story is a young Norwegian sailor of just 16 years of age, jumps ship in Dakar, Senegal, a French colony in 1957. He joins the French Foreign Legion, becomes a paratrooper and serves five years in the Algerian war. Collects heaps of medals, etc

Surely, for an actor to play this role in a movie he must be both good looking and a bit of a macho kind of character, I reckon. Perhaps a young Tom Cruise? Nah, too sissy. Steve Mc Queen ? Yeah, but a bit too old for the role. Robert Redford ? Perfect, but way too old. Oh dear.😎

OK, no movie about Jonny then........
Brad Pitt?
As for Steve McQueen he's already made his great escape from this earth, 1980

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Brad Pitt?
As for Steve McQueen he's already made his great escape from this earth, 1980
Sorry to hear that, I thought he could be a candidate, but on the other hand, I just dont keep up with actors much.

Note to self: Stop making jokes.

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Daniel Craig? Reminds me of Steve McQueen but not so much of Johnny.
I would help you Johnny. Let me put this way. If you are in your best years and you accept Sexpert's proposal to show you inside of his tank when you finally get out you would not be happy camper. :) Or maybe you will :) it depends.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Daniel Craig? Reminds me of Steve McQueen but not so much of Johnny.

I would help you Johnny. Let me put this way. If you are in your best years and you accept Sexpert's proposal to show you inside of his tank when you finally get out you would not be happy camper. :) Or maybe you will :) it depends.
sorry but i will only have a female crew :)

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
But, but, Simon Murray made a movie about himself, called The Deserter, with somebody Tom Hardy playing Simon. A total rubish of a movie, but never mind, we can do better with the Jonny movie, non?

Note to self: Only Sexperts understand your humour.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
But, but, Simon Murray made a movie about himself, called The Deserter, with somebody Tom Hardy playing Simon. A total rubish of a movie, but never mind, we can do better with the Jonny movie, non?

Note to self: Only Sexperts understand your humour.
I`ve seen that movie , boring and clearly under financed , almost like Murray wanted to say "Look what I did" , I agree Jonny ,your career certainly sounds much more interesting.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Voilà la solution ! Dusa can play Jonny in the next Hollywood blockbuster.
All those in favor, 'like' Dusa's offer and say aye.
Ja, ja. Jeg lærer norsk allerede and dye my hair blue. :) Hardly I can play Johnny. I'm already much older than he was when left legion.

Which makes me think... Joe you really have grain of suspicion in you that Johnny and me are same person. :) I mean ... It's OK with me, but how you come to that conclusion at first place?