a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A fascinating book.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
As I was angry today with members of our Cabinet Office I retreated to my small library for some inspiration. Looking to employ some new tactics I looked up my 1961 copy of ; Mao Tse-Tung & Che Guevara GUERRILLA WARFARE with a forward by Capt. B.H. Liddell Hart.

A superb read for anyone interested in unconventional warfare and SF tactics. Also a guide to politics and dealing with shifty politicians with some great quotes

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Gurrelia warfare is unbeatable...
Low cost like Lidil and lower casualties
If it gets the job done, why not
Never goes out of date.
When you are an underdog, it's either guerrilla or terrorism.

Who owns Che Guevara logo? Probably the biggest communistic icon in the world - one of the best selling items in the world of textile. Talking about absurdity, suck on that one Che.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Cowards who squeel like pigs when caught.
Terrorism is a refuge of radicals and fundamentalists, most of them are not cowards but simply insane by my point of view.
Guerrilla pulled this country through WW2 among other ocasions.
It's a warfare term not a political or religious or ethnical movement or anything..
Hit and run!

Last edited:

Stellar Mella

Reaction score
Home Country
Indonesia
You should also check books by Barton Whaley, especially the ones on military stratagem and deception, his book practice to deceive, and the art and science of military deception are superb. And also anyone interested in sniping with a low budget should probably get fry the brain: the art of urban sniping and its role in modern warfare. It discusses not only the weapons suitable for poor urban guerrillas, but also TTPs and counter forensic measures to deceive authorities.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Holding the Cabinet Office to account. My group has obtained a review by the Parliamentary Ombudsman after nine judges found in our favour in all seven of our cases. They indicated that the Cabinet Office had misled parliament, misled MPs and various committees. This relates to Veterans and a three year cover up. No wonder I loathe these odious characters.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Terrorism is a refuge of radicals and fundamentalists, most of them are not cowards but simply insane by my point of view.
Guerrilla pulled this country through WW2 among other occasions.
It's a warfare term not a political or religious or ethnical movement or anything..
Hit and run!
When terrorists die they shout about a shoot to kill policy! When asked but they (the terrorists) were going to kill people. Answer they were volunteers. Play the game you die. Don't cry terrorist. Just die.
My point is you play by big boy rules you take What's coming.

I feel the same about any terrorist organisation killing people in Europe or in the US. Especially Islamic radicals. Exterminate them all.

But used by political radicals therefore there is a connection. In my opinion. I understand what you're saying but I have strong views on this. Guerrilla tactics in a war against an army has always went on but the terrorist now attacks civilians too. True civilians have always died in wars, sadly. However terrorists like to attack weak people and cause fear and panic. They deserve no trial just a body bag.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
I agree on the part you wrote about the terrorists. You have to be a scum to target civilians, the target makes a big difference between the two - terrorism or war (versus military targets). That's why I wouldn't put guerrilla in the same category.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
When terrorists die they shout about a shoot to kill policy! When asked but they(the terrorists) were going to kill people.. Answer they were volunteers. Play the game you die. Don't cry Terrorist. Just die.
My point is you play by big boy rules you take What's coming.
This is an SAS raid which had no room for error:

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Guerrilla pulled this country through WW2 among other occasions.
Hit and run!
If you're speaking about Yugoslavia, guerrilla did more damage for Yugo people than the Germans during ww2. They spent most time fighting each other or robbing population. Never did any serious damage to the Germans. And when they did, the Germans would retaliate at usually completely innocent citizens. During the whole occupation of Belgrade only one German soldier got killed. And he died in some accidental explosion :). Then we filmed Otpisani after war. :) (a series in which countless Germans were killed) not to mention all Partisan films which were well made but without much connections with reality.
Fact is the resistance movements were taking money and orders from the English and Russians and did job for them, not for people here. Similar case we had in France. And that is case with majority of guerrilla movements. Except in limited situations I'm totally against that warfare. As Sexpert said, that is cowardly way.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
I'm speaking about my country, I didn't do much research on Serbia - I have to admit. I was talking about Partisans specifically, and If you refer to them when you say "the did more damage than the Germans", I definitely don't agree.
But again, we may have different view of history - wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last. Partisans actually saved the day as far as I am concerned (considering the parties involved).
What happens after '45, is a different chapter altogether.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I'm speaking about my country, I didn't do much research on Serbia - I have to admit. I was talking about Partisans specifically, and If you refer to them when you say "the did more damage than the Germans", I definitely don't agree.
But again, we may have different view of history - wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last. Partisans actually saved the day as far as I am concerned (considering the parties involved).
What happens after '45, is a different chapter altogether.
Partisans operations were not limited at your or my country (which was the same at the time) nighter they had radically different approach depending on location (maybe if they were entering villages which were not supporting them). BTW your country were ruled by your people at the time so any partisan action would usually be against Croats supporting Germans.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Partisans operations were not limited at your or my country (which was the same at the time) nighter they had radically different approach depending on location (maybe if they were entering villages which were not supporting them). BTW your country were ruled by your people at the time so any partisan action would usually be against Croats supporting Germans.
Technically, we were not in the same country.
In April 1941. Independent state of Croatia was formed (nazi puppet state you mentioned "NDH"- definitely not "my people", but thank you for that).
"FNRJ" or later Jugoslavija "SFRJ" was declared in November '45.
"My people" liberated themselve,, no foreign troops present or needed. Russians and English supported Chetniks and Serbian royalists, until '43. By 1943, Croatian Partisans were an organised army, not resistance (ref: "ZAVNOH"). They will be a part of Yugoslav liberation fight ("NOB") about that time. And yes we had basically a civil war at the same time. Regarding the "different approach", I still say they were the lesser evil than everyone else involved.

Maybe we should stop? :rolleyes: (politics knocking on the door)

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
As I was angry today with members of our Cabinet Office I retreated to my small library for some inspiration. Looking to employ some new tactics I looked up my 1961 copy of ; Mao Tse-Tung & Che Guevara GUERRILLA WARFARE with a forward by Capt. B.H. Liddell Hart.

A superb read for anyone interested in unconventional warfare and SF tactics. Also a guide to politics and dealing with shifty politicians with some great quotes

I love reading. I'll certainly look this book up!