a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pull up form at selection

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It is not to take the p$ss, it is just to show that I've written it the way you've said it. I realize that English is not you first language.
So why than you did that Joe? It's not like wrote something funny like when I'm mixing beers with bears. :)
This way I have impression that you think I shouldn't talk about those things because of mine lack of direct legion experience. (And you may be right about that)
Or maybe because I'm not part of certain mafia. (And if that ... you are definitely not right about that)

But you are right about one thing. Why should I even care if some idiot go there and start swinging on pull-up bar and he even didn't ask for my opinion? Maybe I'm just I devoting too much time to something I almost have no connections with.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
So why than you did that Joe? It's not like wrote something funny like when I'm mixing beers with bears. :)
This way I have impression that you think I shouldn't talk about those things because of mine lack of direct legion experience. (And you may be right about that)
Or maybe because I'm not part of certain mafia. (And if that ... you are definitely not right about that)

But you are right about one thing. Why should I even care if some idiot go there and start swinging on pull-up bar and he even didn't ask for my opinion? Maybe I'm just I devoting too much time to something I almost have no connections with.
Dusa, everyone is entitled to share what he wants on the forum, within reason. Your advice was sound. LDLD had a valid question which he was not sure of the answer. That is what is so useful about the forum. You answered him correctly and I quoted part of your quote. I added (sic) so that people would realize that I wasn't just blindly quoted, rather pointing out what you are trying to get at.
As le Petit Cpl says journalists do it all the time.
I'm not sure which Mafia you are talking about, the Brit mafia?
That was the frogs who nicknamed the English speakers the mafia, because we always stuck together, especially in the foyer. As there were so many Anglophones whose first -and second- language was English, it is only reasonable. Mark Wake, in one of his posts was saying how he got along with N Irish in the legion. On that subject NI and Catholics and protestants would drink in the foyer together. If you are still decided on joining, you too will be classed as a Brit mafia for the simple reason that you would be drawn to English speakers as there aren't enough Serbs to form a mafia ;).

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa, everyone is entitled to share what he wants on the forum, within reason. Your advice was sound. LDLD had a valid question which he was not sure of the answer. That is what is so useful about the forum. You answered him correctly and I quoted part of your quote. I added (sic) so that people would realize that I wasn't just blindly quoted, rather pointing out what you are trying to get at.
As le Petit Cpl says journalists do it all the time.
That was the frogs who nicknamed the English speakers the mafia, because we always stuck together, especially in the foyer. As there were so many Anglophones whose first -and second- language was English, it is only reasonable. Mark Wake, in one of his posts was saying how he got along with N Irish in the legion. On that subject NI and Catholics and protestants would drink in the foyer together. If you are still decided on joining, you too will be classed as a Brit mafia for the simple reason that you would be drawn to English speakers as there aren't enough Serbs to form a mafia ;).
It's OK Joe. I was little bit pissed that day. Not at you.
No Joe I thought about Tajikistan mafia. They getting really stronger those days on forum an in legion.
If you are still decided on joining, you too will be classed as a Brit mafia for the simple reason that you would be drawn to English speakers as there aren't enough Serbs to form a mafia ;).
I would strongly oppose and protest against that. Not one word of English would come out of my mouth. I would sit alone in corner. :)
I'm joking. True question is "If you are still decided on joining" or better defined "If I get medically fit to join". Which makes me wonder if I real start to hang out with Anglo mafia would they ever fully accept me as one of their own or I'm gonna always be partly outcast? I guess that wouldn't be problem if I'm English speaking Sewed or Dutch, but Serb!
We are little Russians after all. Can't be trusted. Also we had not so great PR in the West during 90s. I hope that guys joining today are well over that cold war era madness.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It's like anywhere you go in the legion, you have to make your place. With me turning up in the REP from another regiment and also being a Fut Fut, I had to make my place as a Cpl, first in my section, as Cpl de jour and then in the company as Cpl de semaine. One following the other.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's like anywhere you go in the legion, you have to make your place. With me turning up in the REP from another regiment and also being a Fut Fut, I had to make my place as a Cpl, first in my section, as Cpl de jour and then in the company as Cpl de semaine. One following the other.
You should have made Sgt in my opinion. Guess you upset someone đŸ˜†

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I love Dusas goats
(that is your Real prénom)
Sorry, only pigs in my backyard. And I don't want to force them to do anything. Except maybe slaughter. But until that we gave them best life we can. If we decide to have sow in the "need"...you would be first one informed Le petit

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'll explain it (in a couple of days- if you're interested), At the moment I've got a fair amount on my plate. the cat is in a bad way.
I was also wondering about this part of your career in not becoming a Sgt, but instead a kepi noire Caporal Chef.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
sometimes if you upset someone you might not go further... can be that someone above you just does not like your face. many a good soldiers career stopped when this happened.