a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Curfew as from Saturday will be..18 h 00 to 0 6 h and will last a minimum of 15 days
No one without exceptional reasons must be indoors
135 € fine if not
Any one coming from a country outside of the European community must present a Negative test report less than 72 hrs
* 7 day isolation for non europeans
That last point, am not sure if it's for all non europeans even if they test neg
Will find out
L.P.C.
Adds: Even if you have a Neg test less than 72 hrs, you still have to go into isolation for at least 7 days
Frontier controls to be reinforced
Previously they did not allow travel from the U.S. to France unless you had family or some very special reason to be there, regardless of a COVID test. is that still the case or did the latest update change that at all? I looked online already but didn't see anything new, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed the broadside of a barn.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
More measures starting saturday. Not allowed outside from 1800 till 0600 in all of France. Never happened since WW2

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Previously they did not allow travel from the U.S. to France unless you had family or some very special reason to be there, regardless of a COVID test. is that still the case or did the latest update change that at all? I looked online already but didn't see anything new, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed the broadside of a barn.
There wasn't enough COVID tests available back in the first lock down, if any at all
From what was said tonight, things should be moving at double pace...we shall see
Am curious on how Aubange, (1R.E.) are reacting

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
More than likely, we will have another lock down (3)
Urgency (hospital's) are at saturated
Will know more on Thursday when the gov speaks
Post Schitum
Make no plans
@ Joe, any chance of unifying the different COVID threads? (to this one)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
apparantly the chinese are using Anal swabs .. can you imagine if that comes to us. you get stopped & told to take a test :oops:
I'm imagining. Your face (or mine) would look just like emoji you used. :)

Anal swabs? Really is this true or fake news? I mean when your government literally wants to F you, it comes to this. :)

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
I'm imagining. Your face (or mine) would look just like emoji you used. :)

Anal swabs? Really is this true or fake news? I mean when your government literally wants to F you, it comes to this. :)
it´s apparantly true. forced tests

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
it´s apparantly true. forced tests
Forced entrance in your anal cavity. That's called rape. :)

Worst thing, how much science is behind this. Or maybe anti government people get tested this way much more often? I wonder if some high party members took test.

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
Forced entrance in your anal cavity. That's called rape. :)

Worst thing, how much science is behind this. Or maybe anti government people get tested this way much more often? I wonder if some high party members took test.
the worst of it is they tested a load of school children not sure what age but i did read it.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
the worst of it is they tested a load of school children not sure what age but i did read it.
OK, not so long ago (and still is thing I believe) temperature of kids (especially babies ) is measured analy. :)

But I'm scared with thinking that someone can stop you and stick something in your ass without your permission. Having in mind that China containing spreading of virus really good and that western countries adopting things like curfews and other oppressive measures. Some of which are reasonable, but many don't have any sense or base in medicine. I don't know where this going. But if this took too much time (like 5+ y) hopefully we will see people rising against their government.

Because : Do you really want to lose best 5 years of your life when you have to find mate and hopefully have family and kids just because granny can die as collateral damage of that? Hmm maybe dead granny is better option?
I don't know, you guys say to me what is better? I know some would say "young and healthy people also dying from covid". Really? How many? Can we take some risks and live normally or we gonna spend rest of our lives between four walls hoping that things will get better.

I think governments have to be very careful with this along with other things happening in world today because "bread and games" wouldn't be enough in some point of time.

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
OK, not so long ago (and still is thing I believe) temperature of kids (especially babies ) is measured analy. :)

But I'm scared with thinking that someone can stop you and stick something in your ass without your permission. Having in mind that China containing spreading of virus really good and that western countries adopting things like curfews and other oppressive measures. Some of which are reasonable, but many don't have any sense or base in medicine. I don't know where this going. But if this took too much time (like 5+ y) hopefully we will see people rising against their government.

Because : Do you really want to lose best 5 years of your life when you have to find mate and hopefully have family and kids just because granny can die as collateral damage of that? Hmm maybe dead granny is better option?
I don't know, you guys say to me what is better? I know some would say "young and healthy people also dying from covid". Really? How many? Can we take some risks and live normally or we gonna spend rest of our lives between four walls hoping that things will get better.

I think governments have to be very careful with this along with other things happening in world today because "bread and games" wouldn't be enough in some point of time.
it´s all very strange

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

I found this on the official government website, it is 2 days old, perhaps because it's the weekend... Perhaps it will be put up to date on Monday after the coffee break :unsure:.
;):whistle:

For the moment France is still not in total lockdown, preferring everyone goes to the shops at the same time i.e. 17:00.
There is no point me going on about the vaccine fiasco, I mean how can 27 countries not have enough clout to put pressure on laboratories to supply them with their order, especially as they financed most of its development?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
anyone want some Sputnik ?
Why not? Why would Oxford or Pfizer be better?
I coming to same problem with people over here. Here they are overwhelming for Russian or eventually Chinese vaccine. When I ask them why?... They say it's because West don't like us. (Like East is crazy for as :))
This issue is overly politicized and I guarantee that none at this point can say if some vaccine is better than other.

Here you can choose which you will take and someone is paying for all of them. I'm not conspiracy theory guy , but sometimes things just make me wonder???

Big Boy, Do you really think that your or American government love you so much more than Russian? They don't give a F. They all doing that for money and it's shame that we allowed them to do that in this point of time. A mean how the F is allowed that someone making money out of this?