a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUESTION Questions about French and Phone

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
1. I have heard you must learn the 400 French words aka. the essential vocabulary, does anyone have a list of the words? I am also curious about the equipment names and command verbs.

2. I have heard you must write your name on your belongings, but do you wait with this until you get your new name? Or do you mark it with your old name, then write over it with your new name when you get a new one?

3. Can i bring a smart phone?

4. Can I bring millitary manuals in my own or English language? for example norwegian army hk416 manual or field manual.

The first question is what is bugging me the most.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1. I have heard you must learn the 400 French words aka. the essential vocabulary, does anyone have a list of the words? I am also curious about the equipment names and command verbs.

2. I have heard you must write your name on your belongings, but do you wait with this until you get your new name? Or do you mark it with your old name, then write over it with your new name when you get a new one?

3. Can i bring a smart phone?

4. Can I bring millitary manuals in my own or English language? for example norwegian army hk416 manual or field manual.

The first question is what is bugging me the most.
Hi Foresthunter, I can see why your question was waiting for approval.
Use the search mode as nearly all your questions have been answered in the past.
If you do not know 400 words by the end of instruction then there is a serious problem.

As for military manuals I would advise against it. One because no-one likes a smart @rse and two, it would be an insult to the legion's teaching methods.

Last edited:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hi Foresthunter, I can see why your question was waiting for approval.
Use the search mode as nearly all your questions have been answered in the past.
If you do not know 400 words by the end of instruction then there is a serious problem.

As for military manuals I would advise against it. One because no=one likes a smart @rse and two, it would be an insult to the legion's teaching methods.
Oh, you mean the Caporal Discipline