a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Legion in the media

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Don't believe in this news at all.
That's because the heading was Poisson d'avril. Which is the French way of saying April fool. ;) 🍾 🥳 . I had the fullest of intentions of posting that on here, but I got that p$ssed off with having to wait to post something on FB that in the end I just switched off the computer and read a book.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
That's because the heading was Poisson d'avril. Which is the French way of saying April fool. ;) 🍾 🥳 . I had the fullest of intentions of posting that on here, but I got that p$ssed off with having to wait to post something on FB that in the end I just switched off the computer and read a book.
It was still 31. here. But I would probably fell for it anyway if it was 1. April. OK half- fell because I didn't believe news.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
It was still 31. here. But I would probably fell for it anyway if it was 1. April. OK half- fell because I didn't believe news.

1617410141576.png

I believe that Thailand is 8 hours ahead of Serbia. Which would have made it April 01. However it does reassure me that you that weren't taken in by it :oops: ;). The article was one that I found posted by Le Parisien which dated back to the 80's. I just had to change the dates.
I may be getting older, but I can still crack 'em !

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I watched last night on t.v. a programme.. about the Marseille municipal cops
Une of their interventions was for a young Roumaine guy who had been mugged by 4 others (usual suspects) and robbed of 300€ that his family wired to him that day
It was meant to serve for his return trip home
He had bien earlier at Aubagne to try and join the Légion but failed
Re the plan B
Re again
What have i always preached on thé forum?
Do not hang around and go straight to the gate
No talking to strangers
Travel light
L.P.C.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
England
I watched last night on t.v. a programme.. about the Marseille municipal cops
Une of their interventions was for a young Roumaine guy who gas bien mugged by 4 others (usual suspects) and robbed of 300€ that his family wired to him that day
It was meant to serve for his return trip home
He had bien earlier at Aubagne to try and join the Légion but failed
Re the plan B
Re again
What have i always preached on thé forum?
Do not hang around and go straight to the gate
No talking to strangers
Travel light
L.P.C.
The poor boy did he get home?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It did not mention his result (all they Saïd, thé Cops, was to depose plainte at the Commissaire Quartier Nord...of all places. They did arrest thé mugggers tho
Ayé, a rappel à l'ordre, sans doute
Jéhovah Witnesses, i presume

Last edited:

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji

‘Civil War Is Brewing In France’: Thousands Of Soldiers Warn Macron Of Dire Threat From ‘Islamization’​

By Tim Pearce
May 13, 2021 DailyWire.com

PARIS, FRANCE - MAY 12: French President Emmanuel Macron makes a statement during a joint press conference with Argentinian President Alberto Fernandez prior to a working lunch at the Elysee Presidential Palace on May 12, 2021 in Paris, France. Alberto Fernandez is currently on a tour of Europe, intended to find support to obtain delays in the repayment of the Argentine debt contracted with the IMF and the Paris Club. He has already received support from Lisbon and Madrid and is expected in Rome, where he is due to meet Pope Francis on Thursday. (Photo by Chesnot/Getty Images)

Hundreds of French soldiers warned the French government in a letter that France may descend into civil war unless the spread of radical Islam is stopped.

The letter, signed by 2,000 active-duty military members, comes after hundreds of retired generals and officers signed a similar open letter last month. The latest letter was published in the right-wing magazine Valeurs Actuelles on Sunday, according to Politico Europe.

The active-duty soldiers say that France has “surrendered” to radical Islam through lax policies and a misguided embrace of tolerance. The soldiers signed the letter anonymously to avoid repercussions from the French government.

“Many of us have suffered enemy fire,” the soldiers, who claim to be veterans of operations in Africa and Afghanistan, wrote, according to a translation of the letter by the Italian journalist Giulio Meotti. “Many have offered their lives to destroy the Islamism to which you are making concessions on our soil. We have seen the abandoned suburbs with our own eyes. We have endured attempts to exploit religious communities, for which France means nothing, is nothing but the object of sarcasm, contempt, and hatred. We marched on July 14th. We see communitarianism taking hold in the public space, in the public debate. We see the hatred of France and her story becoming the norm.”

The soldiers compared the government’s approach to radical Islam today to the government’s approach to the Nazis in 1940 during World War II when France abandoned, “without reacting, entire neighborhoods of our country to the law of the strongest.”

“No one can wish for such a terrible situation, but the civil war is brewing in France and you know it perfectly well. Act, ladies and gentlemen. This time it’s not about ready-made formulas or media coverage. It is about the survival of our country, of your country,” the letter says.

Last month, 1,000 former military members, including 20 retired generals, wrote a letter to Macron and the French Parliament warning of the “disintegration and Islamization” of the country, according to Meotti. The ex-military members said the government’s lack of appropriate action and the spread of “a certain anti-racism” was fracturing France, according to BBC.

The BBC summarizes the April letter:

It warns French President Emmanuel Macron, his government, and MPs of “several deadly dangers” threatening France, including “Islamism and the hordes of the banlieue” – the impoverished immigrant suburbs that surround French cities.
The signatories go on to blame “a certain anti-racism” for splitting up communities, and seeking to create “racial war” by attacking statues and other aspects of French history.
They also accuse the government of seeking to use the police “as proxy agents and scapegoats” by brutally repressing the popular “gilets jaunes”, or yellow vest protests of recent years.
“It is no longer the time to procrastinate, otherwise tomorrow civil war will put an end to this growing chaos and deaths – for which you will be responsible – with numbers in the thousands,” the letter concludes.

France has been rocked by terror attacks in recent years, with some of the latest attacks targeting police officers and police employees, according to Politico. In October, a suspected radical killed three people in a knife attack in the Notre Dame Basilica in Nice, France.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States

‘Civil War Is Brewing In France’: Thousands Of Soldiers Warn Macron Of Dire Threat From ‘Islamization’​

By Tim Pearce
May 13, 2021 DailyWire.com

PARIS, FRANCE - MAY 12: French President Emmanuel Macron makes a statement during a joint press conference with Argentinian President Alberto Fernandez prior to a working lunch at the Elysee Presidential Palace on May 12, 2021 in Paris, France. Alberto Fernandez is currently on a tour of Europe, intended to find support to obtain delays in the repayment of the Argentine debt contracted with the IMF and the Paris Club. He has already received support from Lisbon and Madrid and is expected in Rome, where he is due to meet Pope Francis on Thursday. (Photo by Chesnot/Getty Images)

Hundreds of French soldiers warned the French government in a letter that France may descend into civil war unless the spread of radical Islam is stopped.

The letter, signed by 2,000 active-duty military members, comes after hundreds of retired generals and officers signed a similar open letter last month. The latest letter was published in the right-wing magazine Valeurs Actuelles on Sunday, according to Politico Europe.

The active-duty soldiers say that France has “surrendered” to radical Islam through lax policies and a misguided embrace of tolerance. The soldiers signed the letter anonymously to avoid repercussions from the French government.

“Many of us have suffered enemy fire,” the soldiers, who claim to be veterans of operations in Africa and Afghanistan, wrote, according to a translation of the letter by the Italian journalist Giulio Meotti. “Many have offered their lives to destroy the Islamism to which you are making concessions on our soil. We have seen the abandoned suburbs with our own eyes. We have endured attempts to exploit religious communities, for which France means nothing, is nothing but the object of sarcasm, contempt, and hatred. We marched on July 14th. We see communitarianism taking hold in the public space, in the public debate. We see the hatred of France and her story becoming the norm.”

The soldiers compared the government’s approach to radical Islam today to the government’s approach to the Nazis in 1940 during World War II when France abandoned, “without reacting, entire neighborhoods of our country to the law of the strongest.”

“No one can wish for such a terrible situation, but the civil war is brewing in France and you know it perfectly well. Act, ladies and gentlemen. This time it’s not about ready-made formulas or media coverage. It is about the survival of our country, of your country,” the letter says.

Last month, 1,000 former military members, including 20 retired generals, wrote a letter to Macron and the French Parliament warning of the “disintegration and Islamization” of the country, according to Meotti. The ex-military members said the government’s lack of appropriate action and the spread of “a certain anti-racism” was fracturing France, according to BBC.

The BBC summarizes the April letter:

France has been rocked by terror attacks in recent years, with some of the latest attacks targeting police officers and police employees, according to Politico. In October, a suspected radical killed three people in a knife attack in the Notre Dame Basilica in Nice, France.
The legion will not be involved this time! a problem for French politics and something the French people will have face up to!.. regular French army units!?.including air-force/ navy.!? It would have to be an extreme situation and this is not it!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
All retired,so a civvy matter and up to the justice with the goverment pulling strings for their up coming agenda (régional élections in June)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Troubles times ahead... what ever the out come

Covid, élections and some very serious crime commited lately by the usual suspects...
Lots think, lets give back to them what they gave to us in the previous years...
It will be contrôled, it has to
Who ever wins the élections tho, is any buddy's guess
The right are on their arse
The left are non existant
It's a battle of the extrêmes
M. LePen stands a very good chance
Exteme left, stands no chance or Macron reelected by default

Perso, am neutral (for once) but watching / hearing, any thing said and done. I have my plan B btw

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Troubles times ahead... what ever the out come

Covid, élections and some very serious crime commited lately by the usual suspects...
Lots think, lets give back to them what they gave to us in the previous years...
It will be contrôled, it has to
Who ever wins the élections tho, is any buddy's guess
The right are on their arse
The left are non existant
It's a battle of the extrêmes
M. LePen stands a very good chance
Exteme left, stands no chance or Macron reelected by default

Perso, am neutral (for once) but watching / hearing, any thing said and done. I have my plan B btw
We have much of the same crap over here in the United States.. they either swing too far to the left or right! Sadly there is no middle ground..keep us informed LPC.