a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legio... Patria... Nostra...

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your in-depth response, I’m a bit Black and White also I think our sexual education in the U.K. is different we’re aware of the responsibility’s and consequences of Un protected inter course ( sex) Just enjoy your Son remember one day he might learn the reason your in his life is because you got a knock back from the Legion explain to him and be ready to be honest as he might feel second best!
Good luck with whatever you choose you sound a genuine guy so I have empathy.

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia
Thanks for your in-depth response, I’m a bit Black and White also I think our sexual education in the U.K. is different we’re aware of the responsibility’s and consequences of Un protected inter course ( sex) Just enjoy your Son remember one day he might learn the reason your in his life is because you got a knock back from the Legion explain to him and be ready to be honest as he might feel second best!
Good luck with whatever you choose you sound a genuine guy so I have empathy.
Thank you very much for that interest that u showed about that theme, and thanks for listening to me <3

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Axel, I think that the problem you are facing is because of your past. I think that it all comes down to the Ministry of internal affaires. Perhaps if you played down your role in it ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia
Hi Axel, I think that the problem you are facing is because of your past. I think that it all comes down to the Ministry of internal affaires. Perhaps if you played down your role in it ?
I dont know, maybe but in only thing i am sure, if i would lie them, like many of guys do that,when they are in selection period and they are hieding their past and present about Wifes,childrens they have. if i could do that, I would be there for now... I was punished because of my true,cos of i didn't wanted to lie but i could.for now i think that should have do that.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I dont know, maybe but in only thing i am sure, if i would lie them, like many of guys do that,when they are in selection period and they are hieding their past and present about Wifes,childrens they have. if i could do that, I would be there for now... I was punished because of my true,cos of i didn't wanted to lie but i could.for now i think that should have do that.
Don’t no many that did not hold something back about their past! Saying that if a guy wanted to share that’s up to him I’m not the smartest guy at times on the planet but the disclosure you made of a young child/baby back home really is not going to help at all as that child had a Mother what was your relationship like with her? As it would have been asked, and if I have missed it not much coming forward on that from you. Also unfortunately your from the USA for some reason BITD did not fair well with getting in, saying that their was a few one good guy that went via the Nick name of Bad Ass from the Brooklyn 4cie was a top guy just move on except it enjoy the form change the topic or just read and find another path as no one on here can change any decisions and I’m bored with it now!

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia
Don’t no many that did not hold something back about their past! Saying that if a guy wanted to share that’s up to him I’m not the smartest guy at times on the planet but the disclosure you made of a young child/baby back home really is not going to help at all as that child had a Mother what was your relationship like with her? As it would have been asked, and if I have missed it not much coming forward on that from you. Also unfortunately your from the USA for some reason BITD did not fair well with getting in, saying that their was a few one good guy that went via the Nick name of Bad Ass from the Brooklyn 4cie was a top guy just move on except it enjoy the form change the topic or just read and find another path as no one on here can change any decisions and I’m bored with it now!
Don't be tired of reading my posts, i didn't think if there would be feedback like that on that post... I am from Georgia, its not State of USA , its Caucasus, Georgia. Good Luck... i think if someone will read my post he will undesrstand that if he wants to join in legion and he haves familie, he must lie to them (legion) and after he will stand legioner only after that he must say truth... To many legioners are making like that and its working and that's right, cos no one wants your honesty... u want join? u must try everything even LIE !!!! ;) ... my only mistake was that i didn't lied

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Don't be tired of reading my posts, i didn't think if there would be feedback like that on that post... I am from Georgia, its not State of USA , its Caucasus, Georgia. Good Luck... i think if someone will read my post he will undesrstand that if he wants to join in legion and he haves familie, he must lie to them (legion) and after he will stand legioner only after that he must say truth... To many legioners are making like that and its working and that's right, cos no one wants your honesty... u want join? u must try everything even LIE !!!! ;) ... my only mistake was that i didn't lied
Did you come on this site before or after you tried to join?

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
To many legioners are making like that and its working and that's right, cos no one wants your honesty... u want join? u must try everything even LIE !!!!
If you had read the posts, you would have understood that the “Gestapo” and the selection committee need to be convinced you will stay at least 5 years (hopefully more) without deserting.

Having a young family does not help that cause - especially if you are not hiding from the law and can go home without problems if you wanted to. There is thing called le cafard that makes normal men do strange things. The “Gestapo” know that.

Here is the math: (Missing your family + le cafard) = Risk of desertion.

As LPC said - he ditched his whole family and his past to join (as many or MOST of us did). If you can't do that - for real (not just a lie) - you will have little chance of being accepted.

Even if you did get accepted, the chances of enjoying the Legion and being a good soldier are minimal if you are always thinking about your young family .

This is especially true during the first 4-5 months of instruction where you will, be "emptied" of everything you thought was of value, and filled up with becoming a soldier in the FFL. Those are new values that you have no idea of at the moment.

Those first 4 months will empty you of your "civilian dignity" and almost everything you believe in. The more you resist that, the greater the chances are that you won't complete your contract.

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia
If you had read the posts, you would have understood that the selection committee (Gestapo) need to be convinced you will stay at least 5 years (hopefully more) without deserting.

Having a young family does not help that cause - especially if you are not hiding from the law and can go home without problems if you wanted to. There is thing called Le Cafard that makes normal men do strange things. The Gestapo know that.

Here is the math: (Missing your family + Le Cafard) = Risk of desertion.

As LPC said - he ditched his whole family and his past to join (as many or MOST of us did). If you can't do that - for real (not just a lie) - you will have little chance of being accepted.

Even if you did get accepted, the chances of enjoying the Legion and being a good soldier are minimal if you are always thinking about your young family .

This is especially true during the first 4-5 months of instruction where you will, be "emptied" of everything you thought was of value, and filled up with becoming a soldier in the FFL. Those are new values that you have no idea of at the moment.

Those first 4 months will empty you of your "civilian dignity" and almost everything you believe in. The more you resist that, the greater the chances are that you won't complete your contract.
Yea, i know its right what u wrote, i am divorced for now, my son lives with my exwifes family, sometimes he is with me and for now there will be no problem for me to leave and join, cos i think it will be great fir me and for his future cos France its great country it gives more possibilities than our Georgia… as i already told there were one russian guy, with me,he told me when we were in Aubagne, imagine Georgi, how beautifuli will be your sons future if he will have possibility to study or live in France after years… yea He was right and i knew that in that moment too and i was ready to stay there… for now its different situation in my life and i am fully ready to join and stay there, minimum 5 years, for me and for my son also, cos its Legion, its France <3

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You've only got 2 choices.

Forget your family or forget the Legion.

Just pretending you don't care about you family won't work. You'd have to make that break for real - get your ex wife fixed up with another guy with a 30cm cock if necessary and just walk away from it all. You can explain things later when your boy is old enough to understand.

I get the thing about France v Georgia - but you can't turn up to the gates as some sort of political refugee wanting help from the Legion to educate your son. That's crazy.

There are only a couple of valid reasons to join. (a) you f@cked up and need a new start in life, (b) you're fit, healthy and looking for adventure. In both cases the idea is that you are prepared to die for France.

If you are not prepared to die (because of your son for example), you are of no use to any army - least of all the Legion.

For me, your reasons for wanting to join are all wrong. You would do far better spending the next 5 years getting a qualification that would make you attractive for employment in France if you really want to move there, and then sorting things out.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Just pretending you don't care about you family won't work. You'd have to make that break for real - get your ex wife fixed up with another guy with a 30cm cock if necessary and just walk away from it all. You can explain things later when your boy is old enough to understand.

I get the thing about France v Georgia - but you can't turn up to the gates as some sort of political refugee wanting help from the Legion to educate your son. That's crazy.

There are only a couple of valid reasons to join. (a) you f@cked up and need a new start in life, (b) you're fit, healthy and looking for adventure. In both cases the idea is that you are prepared to die for France.

If you are not prepared to die (because of your son for example), you are of no use to any army - least of all the Legion.

For me, your reasons for wanting to join are all wrong. You would do far better spending the next 5 years getting a qualification that would make you attractive for employment in France if you really want to move there, and then sorting things out.
You ain’t got a 30cm cock by any chance Kro?😂

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yea, i know its right what u wrote, i am divorced for now, my son lives with my exwifes family, sometimes he is with me and for now there will be no problem for me to leave and join, cos i think it will be great fir me and for his future cos France its great country it gives more possibilities than our Georgia… as i already told there were one russian guy, with me,he told me when we were in Aubagne, imagine Georgi, how beautifuli will be your sons future if he will have possibility to study or live in France after years… yea He was right and i knew that in that moment too and i was ready to stay there… for now its different situation in my life and i am fully ready to join and stay there, minimum 5 years, for me and for my son also, cos its Legion, its France <3
Still think you should take a deep breath move on and stop treading water I’m convinced your chance has gone, also you fantasise to much about post Legion citizenship education living in France, I understand your country’s not that good wages are poor but hey sniff the air my freind it ain’t going to happen in my personal view Did you no their is a Spanish Legion, how are you at marking white lines on roads?

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You ain’t got a 30cm cock by any chance Kro?😂
No mate - sadly not otherwise I'd be admiring it all day rather than working - but there's rumours circulating around Nimes. Maybe that it's regimental pony, maybe LPC - who knows? :cool:

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia

I dont know how it happens with you my friend but we are not joking like that about our ex wife's even not with our close friends circle, We understand this or that issue differently, I respect all other mentalities, but what is not mine is not and I cannot accept it... As for that "Forget your family or forget the Legion" , i saw in paris to many but i will write about one caporal chef which works in nogent, on interviews, he told me that he was having 2 child and wife when he went in legion, and after 5 years passed, he took them in paris and as he told me they are living for now together in paris, it was hard, that first 5 year, but they passed it and he didn't forget about his familie and he doesn't left legion... i saw this guy and i know that its not Necessary to forget one to chose second... and i know others too, who lives with familie already and same time they are legioners... i dont know why some of u draws legion like that, its place where u must forget everything and u must not have familie and so on.... That guy, from nogent, is real, and he haves 3 child and wife with him in paris and he had wife and 2 child when he joined in legion... thats fact.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I dont know how it happens with you my friend but we are not joking like that about our ex wife's even not with our close friends circle, We understand this or that issue differently, I respect all other mentalities, but what is not mine is not and I cannot accept it... As for that "Forget your family or forget the Legion" , i saw in paris to many but i will write about one caporal chef which works in nogent, on interviews, he told me that he was having 2 child and wife when he went in legion, and after 5 years passed, he took them in paris and as he told me they are living for now together in paris, it was hard, that first 5 year, but they passed it and he didn't forget about his familie and he doesn't left legion... i saw this guy and i know that its not Necessary to forget one to chose second... and i know others too, who lives with familie already and same time they are legioners... i dont know why some of u draws legion like that, its place where u must forget everything and u must not have familie and so on.... That guy, from nogent, is real, and he haves 3 child and wife with him in paris and he had wife and 2 child when he joined in legion... thats fact.

I won't go into the details - but perhaps the guy in Nogent is French ?

If that's the case - and depending on when he joined - it's quite possible the Legion would have taken him with wife and kids. I knew some French guys like that too who preferred to join the Legion than go to prison. The French don't have to dessert to see their family - they can just go home on weekend permissions after a couple of years.

Anyway - take the advice given on here or leave it - but you can't have it all your own way. The Legion is, and has always been a sacrifice somewhere - and to the death when required.

Reaction score
Home Country
Georgia
I won't go into the details - but perhaps the guy in Nogent is French ?

If that's the case - and depending on when he joined - it's quite possible the Legion would have taken him with wife and kids. I knew some French guys like that too who preferred to join the Legion than go to prison. The French don't have to dessert to see their family - they can just go home on weekend permissions after a couple of years.

Anyway - take the advice given on here or leave it - but you can't have it all your own way. The Legion is, and has always been a sacrifice somewhere - and to the death when required.
For now he is French citizen of course, but he is not native french... he was going every evening at home in Paris and sometimes he was in night shift, when leading newcomer blue guys on way to Aubagne with him.... Anyway thanks for advices, u are right in lots of things.... thanks for your attention.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Took my dog for a walk thought of myself 40 odd years ago I get it and most of us greens will and others will have empathy, bet you wished you had knocked on this door first people slag us off at times but you would have been given good advise, we want guys to get in if that’s their desire not so interested in a lot of personal detail just giving advice how to shave a bit of the square peg to fit in a round hole! Hanging your dirty washing out disclosing names has made any second attempt even harder, don’t hang on to others like the Chef at Paris I watched more get a hair cut and a lift to the station took 13 weeks to get Red at times I felt like saying F it myself and going I was confident motivated and fit, they had their concerns 13 weeks in a fish bowl I can play a game as well as anyone done the French Commando Course in 78 had previously military experience tours of NI and military and civil jail, but still something holding them back to let me go red, frustrating fish bowl at times guys you would fill in if not in the pond it’s tough some days keeping your cool with so many wankers from around the world and believe me back then a spade was a spade none of this Politically Correct stuff like now!
Come on Man up move on or change the Chanel are you going to raise your son to be honest or cute my adult boy is cute and doing well😀

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Took my dog for a walk thought of myself 40 odd years ago I get it and most of us greens will and others will have empathy, bet you wished you had knocked on this door first people slag us off at times but you would have been given good advise, we want guys to get in if that’s their desire not so interested in a lot of personal detail just giving advice how to shave a bit of the square peg to fit in a round hole! Hanging your dirty washing out disclosing names has made any second attempt even harder, don’t hang on to others like the Chef at Paris I watched more get a hair cut and a lift to the station took 13 weeks to get Red at times I felt like saying F it myself and going I was confident motivated and fit, they had their concerns 13 weeks in a fish bowl I can play a game as well as anyone done the French Commando Course in 78 had previously military experience tours of NI and military and civil jail, but still something holding them back to let me go red, frustrating fish bowl at times guys you would fill in if not in the pond it’s tough some days keeping your cool with so many wankers from around the world and believe me back then a spade was a spade none of this Politically Correct stuff like now!
Come on Man up move on or change the Chanel are you going to raise your son to be honest or cute my adult boy is cute and doing well😀

Great post Pap :)