a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So i made it

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Im a bit down now its true my section will finish soon and im stuck here waiting to find out my future. Im still undecided but seeing the special tuesday will help. Getting injured in training is bad for morale and its a bit of a ball ache to repeat a couple more months.

I would say that Castel doesn't give you the best view of the Legion. The real training starts after in your regiment, Castel is just a step for changing you from civilian to military. Many of the cadre are here because they got injured - usually ex 2REP, or for discipline problems.

There are a lot of idiots who join also and it can be quite frustrating at times. If you want any specifics i can try an answer them providing i get time.

One needs a return ticket right? Well if your unsure as to how long you'll be in france, how do you buy a return ticket? Like before you leave to go to france or once your there and know if your getting accepted?

betrand

Reaction score
Home Country
England
One needs a return ticket right? Well if your unsure as to how long you'll be in france, how do you buy a return ticket? Like before you leave to go to france or once your there and know if your getting accepted?

If you aren't an EU citizen you don't have much choice as to how long you can spend in France ..

Besides, at 20-150 euro a night where you going to go? The Hilton? :D

W

wannabe09

Unregistered

is that return ticket neccesary?do they ask you for the tcket and if you don't have one they send you out?

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
is that return ticket neccesary?do they ask you for the tcket and if you don't have one they send you out?
The Legion will not ask for a return ticket... If they kick you out, you are on your own.

cpl K....

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
That's fine by me:D because i have no intention of getting kicked out
haha you may have no intention of getting kicked out. But someone else may get the intention to kick you out. So you should be prepared.:)

W

wannabe09

Unregistered
haha you may have no intention of getting kicked out. But someone else may get the intention to kick you out. So you should be prepared.:)

i know i know.but i can't help it,it's just i always thinked positive,never was into the down side.:)

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
If you aren't an EU citizen you don't have much choice as to how long you can spend in France ..

Besides, at 20-150 euro a night where you going to go? The Hilton? :D

No no dude, I mean you have to tell the airport what date you'll be returning right? So if the process takes longer than expected or somthing, then how doyou know how to get your return ticket?

Should i just wait and get a one way ticket and then *if* I somehow get rejected buy one from france to the US?

Bought be some french learning books, to brush up. I did take french for a few years in school. Just starting to prepare.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
In maximum three to four weeks you should know if you are going to Castel or not.

Karu_Türa

Reaction score
Home Country
Estonia
ohh, okay. Thank you man. Im gonna start planning today!

Ask an airline for a flexible return. Set the return date for 1 month after your arrival date in France, that should cover the "worst case scenario". Then if you have to go back before that time, you can change the return date for a small fee. Hope it does not come to that.

betrand

Reaction score
Home Country
England
No no dude, I mean you have to tell the airport what date you'll be returning right? So if the process takes longer than expected or somthing, then how doyou know how to get your return ticket?

Should i just wait and get a one way ticket and then *if* I somehow get rejected buy one from france to the US?

Bought be some french learning books, to brush up. I did take french for a few years in school. Just starting to prepare.

Hehe right. Sorry ..

Its expensive anyway unless you bring a tent. :) And even thats 5 bloody euro a night now. Grr. The ticks are free though. So bring some savlon!

I don't know about immigration, I do know that the US will require a return ticket before they let you in. So France is probably not dissimilar. Minus the finger print taking and prodding you with tazers and locking you up without trial for 5 years, water boarding and cutting on your dick with a scalpol because you have a beard and might be a terrorist stuff. :D

Re: the French you want to get yourself a copy of French With Michel Thomas. Its on the *cough 'Bay' in 3 CD's including the bonus 3rd disk. If you have money buy it though, its excellent and will have any native English speaker speaking basic French in a month!

I won't post the link but it is not hard to find. ;) I find its ideal to combine the running with the Ipod ..

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
i know i know.but i can't help it,it's just i always thinked positive,never was into the down side.:)

Sure its a good attitude to have! But still.. be prepared.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Mammikoura,

Starting to feel old ? With all the young wanabes , even I am becoming antique. However aged veterans are blessed with knowledge and sagacity (?).:unsure:

I see little point however in dredging up such old posts especially since most participants have left the forum.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Good show :):)

Now keep up the pressure and try to adapt because the Legion will never adapt to you.

It is pointless to complain or feel that you do not agree with this or that.
Simply do the best out of every situation, and with time you will discover that you have learned a lot about EVERYTHING.
And above all, make sure the crows don’t get your reindeers!