a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A German fellow and the Legion seen through his clips and his website.

Legionnaire1985

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Hello Gentlemen
My name is Thomas. Some of you know me through our common service in 3. REI or 2. REP during the Years 1985 – 2002. As in Germany the Legion is not known so well, and still seen as an Institution of criminals, I started to write about the Legion. I aimed to correct theses opinions and keep high our reputation. Some friends approached me and asked, to translate in English. The result is a series of clips in English language on YouTube and a Wordpress Blog. Here are some of them. By the way ... Your Forum is great. Many thanks for the admission. Best Regards, Thomas.
Entry requirements and conditions to engage Part 1
Code of Honour
Americans in the French Foreign Legion
Thomas Gast is making meaningful small talk about the French Foreign Legion

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Hi Thomas! I really like your videos and you are doing a great job.
Someone posted some links to your videos before on here so some members are aware of your work but it is great to have you here.
Please keep up the good work, your videos are very interesting and informative, especially coming from a veteran of 17 years.
Thanks.

Legionnaire1985

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Hi Thomas! I really like your videos and you are doing a great job.
Someone posted some links to your videos before on here so some members are aware of your work but it is great to have you here.
Please keep up the good work, your videos are very interesting and informative, especially coming from a veteran of 17 years.
Thanks.
Thanks, Nickfury ... I feel good here. Stay safe - Thomas.

Legionnaire1985

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Germany
Hi Thomas, A big welcome to the forum. Next step is to get your name in Green which means that you are an active or ex-legionnaire. I can vouch for you. We'll be looking forward to you recounting some of your experiences.
Thank you, Joseph. I remember you very well. Only good souvenirs ! Thanks for your engagement !

Pink Floyd

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Hello Gentlemen
My name is Thomas. Some of you know me through our common service in 3. REI or 2. REP during the Years 1985 – 2002. As in Germany the Legion is not known so well, and still seen as an Institution of criminals, I started to write about the Legion. I aimed to correct theses opinions and keep high our reputation. Some friends approached me and asked, to translate in English. The result is a series of clips in English language on YouTube and a Wordpress Blog. Here are some of them. By the way ... Your Forum is great. Many thanks for the admission. Best Regards, Thomas.
Entry requirements and conditions to engage Part 1
Code of Honour
Americans in the French Foreign Legion
Thomas Gast is making meaningful small talk about the French Foreign Legion
Salut Thomas, LPN mon frere

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
herzlich wilkommen and you forgot to mention your Instagram account :cool:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Our friend Thomas is great. Just check his latest videos about French Guiana. I don't know him, but way he presenting himself is what I accept experienced legionar to behave. Unfortunately, many guys here don't give that good example to young wannabes.

If someone ask who I am to comment on that ... I dont give a F.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa, having a hard time coping with puberty ?
Haha. Yeah, it really hit me hard on emotions. :)

Just to be clear. You are not in my category of legionnaires who shouldn't be role model for wannabes

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I dont wannabe me too...and if there was a legal way to start afresh, different country, language and scenery. ...i would go for it ! Still have the desire for some thing else, even at the age of 53