a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
With hindsight, maybe you should have gone to the recruiting place in Bordeaux and found out what they have to say. Anyway, it's done now. When you get to Marseilles you will have a train which is 15 mins and two stops away. The first stop is Marseille Blancard, the second being Aubagne. (...)
Thanks

So as well as having to brush up on your IQ, for those who are planning to join, you may think about taking along a tent, because 10 days in a hotel waiting for the Aubagne bureaux boys to give you an appointment is going to be costly. That or quite simply postpone you date of joining. I'm not saying that the Covid-19 is the fault of the desk jockeys in Aubagne, but they don't care how much money you have to fork out. They are already in, and sitting nice and comfy behind their desks.
Even the recruiter called me. I told him I was in Bordeaux and it was easier for me in to join in Bordeaux because of the distance. He said “no”, he said he will send my name to Aubagne, so I should take a train to Aubagne.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
First of all thanks for sharing this info with us, Zeroni. It's a bummer that you have to wait around for over a week more. I quoted what your friend said about people being sent away to get doctor's reports. That is a subject that has been widely covered on the forum. Basically if you have an old scar of any kind then ask your doctor to give you a note and take any x-rays with you. Believe me it will cost you a lot less to have the x-ray done in your own country than going away, making an appointment and coming back in France.

As for the urine test, it can be for a number of different reasons, so for those of you are taking daily amounts of "flour" cut back on it drastically, because an excess of protein in your urine can make the difference between doing 5 years in the legion or a day. You may also have a urinary tract infection.
View attachment 6298

There is no point in me telling you how much these cost, because in Thailand they will not be the same price as in your own country. Easy to use, you just get a clean glass recipient and take a pee. After the first second you then pee in the jar. You put in the strip for two (2) seconds and then wait for 60 seconds.

You can then go on google and ask what it means if you have, say, too much PH.
A word of caution here, don't panic. Go to see a doctor or even a pharmacy and a couple of pills later, you should be right as rain.
One reason I was curious about medical again was because I wondered if the doctor was making people get x-rays for non surgical scars as well. I have scars that are non surgical but don't want to waste money on xrays if it's unnecessary. So I was just curious if doctor was known to do such a thing. For example say someone had scars and scrapes on their knees non surgical or if someone had an in and out bullet scar that did not require surgery or anything, just clean, have they been known to require x-rays.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
In my day, scars without surgery were OK. I'm not talking about a bullet wound. I've got a scar on my left palm from where someone tried to get the better of me in a fight. I played it down and said that I slipped.
But that was back in the old days Long before the covid 19.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

The poor guy hasn't been out of office for a day and is being investigated. And so he should! As should BoJo and all the others who were warned about the epidemic (at the time). Why they waited to stock up on masks, gloves and ventilators for hospitals and their staff is a mystery. France went as far as calling on fashion designers to produce masks.
As in WW2 when acting General De Gaulle gave his famous appel du 18 Juin the French answered the call :giggle:... But then La France sh*t on them from a great height by buying masks from the Chinese. Some shops have got stockpiles of up to 2 million masks. The government (bless 'em) said that they had not ordered them. Which legally speaking is true, if you haven't ordered something then there is nothing to stop you going elsewhere where they are selling them cheaper. Even if it is going to the country where the pandemic started(n)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Check out # 663

"We're all doooomed!"
Hmm. One more infectious disease. Until I'm not see people around me dying, I'm not buying it anymore. I did at first with this COVID thing, but now when I see how they manipulating data as that want ... I'm not sure anymore.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. One more infectious disease. Until I'm not see people around me dying, I'm not buying it anymore. I did at first with this COVID thing, but now when I see how they manipulating data as that want ... I'm not sure anymore.
I do not wear a mask in my village when I shop. I keep at a social distance. I keep a mask in my car and in case I have to take public transport. In the very unlikely visit to a hospital I would wear one.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Gentlemen, pleeeaaase... Not another endless discussion on Floyd's death... Or at least not on a thread titled “Covid-19 and joining”. I did some “cleansing”. A little chatter discipline on the frequency would be appreciated.

ReyNori9

Reaction score
Home Country
Guatemala
Can a non-US citizen from a country party to the Schengen agg., residing in the US, fly to France as of now, or is entering Great Britain or another "opening" country an option, assuming a 2week quarantine still applies ? Would it be possible to then travel to France through plain, train, or ferry etc.? It's difficult to find concrete info, or there are contradictions to what I see. Asking for a friend )))

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
If you’re from a country in the Schengen aerea, why not fly back home and then to France? I guess they can prevent a national from entering his own country (even if you may stay in quarantine for a while). Don’t really see the interest of transiting via the Uk.

ReyNori9

Reaction score
Home Country
Guatemala
If you’re from a country in the Schengen aerea, why not fly back home and then to France? I guess they can prevent a national from entering his own country (even if you may stay in quarantine for a while). Don’t really see the interest of transiting via the Uk.
Not Schengen area/EEU, but a third country with visa-free travel agreements to EU/EEU countries. Most of Latin America is locked down/closed for travel, so flying from say Houston to Santiago to France is not an option. But there are flights from US to France and England available for example.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Well Joe... I don't even know where to start from... But first I'm really pissed and I will explain personal reasons (among others) later.

I don't even want to comment on our 100 % government controlled media which report on story with so much lying, with so much cherry picking that I'm really disgusted. (they did that years in past, but this is next level).
I started couple of serious arguments with my friends, with people from my village even with my parents because they are so brainwashed with mainstream media here! Most of them believe every BS they see on TV and if you have even 2 g of brain, at least you have to admit that our "beloved" president are shiting all over as.

We have history of dictators and we are almost used to them. But thing with this one (Vučić) is that he is playing like we have democracy and everything is fine when instead of that we only get so blunt lies! It was not this way when he came into power, but as time went on he was taking more and more power and lied more and more.
As you can check we had parliamentary elections on June 21 (that should have been on 26 April). Vučić of course won and even if elections were not fair and democratic and there were many other problems, that is not the biggest issue... As our government want to present all over the world! Problem is irresponsible, self serving and disgusting behavior of our government and Vučić!
If you look curve of active COVID-19 cases for Serbia you would notice a sudden drop around 7. June. Drop from 5000 to only 200 cases in 2 days! So they announced victory over COVID!
Everything is fine, normal, people don't give a F about an masseurs. And why should they? Everyone on TV telling them everything is fine.
In meantime countries start with opening borders, but they hasting to let Serbian citizens... People here are pissed! "Why they all hate us when we almost have no cases?" Turned out we are hot place, and everyone know that except us.
Have in mind that we had one of most rigorous measure in region (probably even world) and we have even worse results than some countries in region with more relaxed measures.
And then, our beloved president came out of blue, on TV and said that we would again have total lockdown from friday to monday and also any public gathering is forbidden. People, of course get pissed and hit the streets. Majority just to express their dissatisfaction with behavior of ruling party.

Anyway, pictures sent through the world are thorse of not more than 100- 200 hooligans, who are probably paid with some extremist organisation or some of them even by Vučić's men just to make protestors look bad!
If you look that video of " Storming Parliament" You can see how they nonchalantly enter and exit even easier. Compare that with 2000 5. October when things were for real.
And don't know Joe . but I know that I really had enough. I don't have will and power for revolution (we tried). I just want to leave the country. :(

We would see how this will developed, but I don't expect anything good.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don't own no mask, don't know nobody who's got corona or whatever, and I'm sick of this whole thing. If school is set to be online classes again this Fall, then I think I'll just drop out and hopefully the borders are open then or I'm stuck here working a normal job:sick:🤮

hotsauced

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don't own no mask, don't know nobody who's got corona or whatever, and I'm sick of this whole thing. If school is set to be online classes again this Fall, then I think I'll just drop out and hopefully the borders are open then or I'm stuck here working a normal job:sick:🤮

I didn't know anybody who was affected by COVID-19 until yesterday. A very fit nurse from my gym caught COVID-19. The nurse, her son(young child), and her brother(adult) all died due to COVID-19. No other complications or aliments, very healthy and health conscious individual. Besides some sketchy countries skewing their numbers like China, the countries with huge success with COVID-19 have a history with harsh flu seasons. South Korea, Taiwan and Japan have a good model to follow. Their citizens are very cooperative, and wear masks. Their economies haven't shut down like the U.S.A. and their new cases and deaths are very minimal.

I'm not saying you should buy into the insane hysterical narratives our media is pushing, but be cautious if you have older or at risk(people with ailments, heart disease, immuno-compromised) family members or come in contact with seniors frequently. The mask isn't for your safety per se but to slow the spread, in a way protecting other people from you.

I did heavy research back in March. Our American General Health Surgeon recommended nobody wears masks because that was what the World Health Organization recommended to the world in January and February. BUT in reality it was due to a shortage of n95 and other surgical masks for our health care workers, and the Chinese Government lying to the world.

We literally went from January, February... the US Govn't, W.H.O. and our Media telling the American public there was nothing to worry about, while China was shutting down it's factories IN NOVEMBER 2019!!!!!

The W.H.O. has been downplaying and praising China since January, and said there was nothing to worry about...
Remember when our hospitals were overwhelmed and our nurses and doctors were wearing garbage bags as protection?

There are documented cases of Chinese nationals buying up entire stocks of surgical masks, from countries like Australia, Thailand, and the USA to ship back to China in early January which created the shortage in combination of President Obama Administration not restocking masks and other medical necessities funnily enough that the Bush Jr. administration stockpiled due to Hurricane Katrina.

The U.S. Govn't has been a sh$tshow, but IMHO China downplaying, and jailing/disappearing chinese doctors and journalists that tried to warned the world in January 2020 really f*cked us hard. We would've had months to prepare instead of weeks.

Not trying to make this an Anti whatever country tirade just calling it like it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hey Hotsauced, how are you? It's been a while. I have to agree with you on the WHO, the same organization who made Mugabe

"H.E. President Robert Mugabe as WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Noncommunicable Diseases in Africa." Of course we learn later that His Excellency Bob Mugabe did play a leading role in getting his fellow African nominated to becoming head of the WHO. click▶ to find out more. The WHO is a f@cking joke (I mean take a look at their drummer). but seriously, they are the ones who are supposed to watch out for these things.