‘Gestapo’ Interview

wadesimmons

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been looking into all aspects of selection, and I feel prepared/confident for the physical tests, psychotechnical, and medical evaluations. I also have an idea of how to act in the so-called ‘gestapo’ interview i.e. show motivation, be brief and to the point, and show controlled desperation or need for the Legion.

What I have yet to read or figure out, what is a good answer for when you are asked about your motives for joining? I would like to build a career and home in the Legion but I am unsure as to how to get my point across in a suitable way.

Appreciate any input, thanks.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
England
What I have yet to read or figure out, what is a good answer for when you are asked about your motives for joining? I would like to build a career and home in the Legion but I am unsure as to how to get my point across in a suitable way.
"I have feck all back home so I want a career, and a new home, in the Legion"?

OP
W

wadesimmons

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Simple and to the point, guess there's no reason to prepare an answer that's all I need

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
It would probably be a good idea to avoid lying as well, I don't think they like liars.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
It would probably be a good idea to avoid lying as well, I don't think they like liars.
Only if you get caught...even then. It depends on the reason. If you know that your story will get you kicked to the curb then change your story.
Lawrence Franks lied at first about his background, but they caught him in the lie later, but didn't kick him out since it was a background that meant he would stay and wouldn't run home. :D It all depends on your story.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
Only if you get caught...even then. It depends on the reason. If you know that your story will get you kicked to the curb then change your story.
Lawrence Franks lied at first about his background, but they caught him in the lie later, but didn't kick him out since it was a background that meant he would stay and wouldn't run home. :D It all depends on your story.
Yeah true, but if you have no reason to lie, then it would be best to avoid it :D
Like you said, it depends on your story.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Everyone lies and that's a fact. Listen, Charles, Wade..

It is simple. Tell them what ever you want to volunteer. Whatever that is, make it airtight. If it is not air tight, throw em a bone. If you cant understand what I am writing, it is your problem.

Hansenmann

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Denmark
Remember to make your stories consistent. Make sure your story is the same in all interviews.
Lastly, are you a good liar? If yes then go ahead, if not then I would just be honest unless you have issues that are certain to get you rejected.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Everyone lies and that's a fact.
That's not true. While reading this forum we all get notion that in FFL are men who never lie. That's really bad sin and one will go to hell if lie!

We also know that in legion guys usually go straight from churches, mosques, synagogues ... Legion was always magnet for peaceful, loving, honest guys from all over the globe so nobody lies there and lying is big No-No! :cool:

OP
W

wadesimmons

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Remember to make your stories consistent. Make sure your story is the same in all interviews.
Out of curiosity, when you tell them your "story" is it generally a vague question asked about your life as a whole, or is it a series of smaller questions about different details. I'm sure it would be a lot more difficult to come up with an entire narrative for your life while keeping it meticulously consistent rather than just remembering the few details you altered.

OP
W

wadesimmons

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
they caught him in the lie later, but didn't kick him out since it was a background that meant he would stay and wouldn't run home. :D It all depends on your story.

What do you think the other end of that would look like? As in you tell them things that give them assurance you won't run away, but they find out that you said it just to increase your chances?

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
What do you think the other end of that would look like? As in you tell them things that give them assurance you won't run away, but they find out that you said it just to increase your chances?
I doubt they will find out unless you **** up in remembering details. The best "Story" has a strong basis in truth so you can remember it and it sounds natural. Don't change too much, just enough. You just have to be convincing and "believe" it yourself under interrogation.

Crisvb39

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Chile
Out of curiosity, when you tell them your "story" is it generally a vague question asked about your life as a whole, or is it a series of smaller questions about different details. I'm sure it would be a lot more difficult to come up with an entire narrative for your life while keeping it meticulously consistent rather than just remembering the few details you altered.
I’m kinda curious about this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
I’m kinda curious about this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have you write down every school, job, address (don't worry if you can't remember exact addresses, just the places...more concerned with different cities or countries), prison, family members, wife, kids, etc.
They want to know everything you have done and where you have been and so on.
They will use what you say as a reference in ALL your interviews with every department that interviews you. You don't just get grilled by the "Gestapo", but undergo many interviews by many different people who all try to put it together and then they see if you are lying or leaving things out. It's not that hard to keep a straight narrative of your life. Practice writing it all down before you go and try to recall the dates, roughly,..you don't need exact dates, but year and month roughly would be good.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nickfury I think someone also give that advice too. Is that so important? I man of course they will ask you what did you do in your life. And if you can't remember name of a city where you went to high school ... there is something fishy about you. Its 4 years of your life, You can't "not remember" that. If someone give them that answer he is lying or he is mentally incapable.

I'm highly doubting that they will bother you too recall exact date of every major event in your life. I mean, how many people can do that?

Is that kind of questioning happened to you? Is that standard procedure? It's possible that they intentionally want to put one under pressure if they or not convinced with his story.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Nickfury I think someone also give that advice too. Is that so important? I man of course they will ask you what did you do in your life. And if you can't remember name of a city where you went to high school ... there is something fishy about you. Its 4 years of your life, You can't "not remember" that. If someone give them that answer he is lying or he is mentally incapable.

I'm highly doubting that they will bother you too recall exact date of every major event in your life. I mean, how many people can do that?

Is that kind of questioning happened to you? Is that standard procedure? It's possible that they intentionally want to put one under pressure if they or not convinced with his story.
They ask you to write down all your jobs, times of joblessness, schools, prison, military, places you lived, immediate family etc. I mean what do you want me to say?

They want the dates...they want to see that everything you say adds up. I had to do that, you will probably have to do that too.

Of course they will check it against anything you bring with you, phone, laptop, documents, facebook, or any online social media. People get sent home if they have suspicions that you are covering up for something like a criminal record or your time with ISIS in Syria. :)

They want to see if you can keep it all straight and that it makes sense and you are consistent. Some of it is less about the information and dates as to how you react to being asked all this...if you start sweating and panicking and stumbling those are tells that you are lying or covering up something.
Some people just crumble like cookies. :)

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
Dear Dus, the PUSSY.

You better write your whole life down, with names, address, and what time they took a dump. But you don't have to worry. you are never going, so relax, pussy.