a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Last Train”

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Hello, I'm almost 38 years old. My background in brief: 1 year in the army (compulsory military service) ; 2 years in Police Academy, department ''National Security'' and long story in my past. In accordance of my senility, the vetting process and policy of FFL,is that situation on my passive. I'm expecting for your rigorous and straightforward points of view, before taking “the last train”.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Здравей/Hello profiler and welcome here, if you need some information you can contact me on PM. I have met a lot guys around your age at the selection center in Paris so do not worry.

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
As you've probably read on the forum because of your age you will probably have to stand out physically. Just get as fit as you possibly can and get yourself over there before time beats you. Bonne chance.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Go for it … (y):coffee::alien:

Здравей/Hello profiler and welcome here, if you need some information you can contact me on PM. I have met a lot guys around your age at the selection center in Paris so do not worry.
Sounds good… I wonder if I were, say, 30. Maybe get away with it?:LOL::ROFLMAO::unsure: but the passport of course. Never mind. No Fighting snakes in the jungle for me or cooking big turtles like Joseph.:cry:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Sounds good… I wonder if I were, say, 30. Maybe get away with it?:LOL::ROFLMAO::unsure: but the passport of course. Never mind. No Fighting snakes in the jungle for me or cooking big turtles like Joseph.:cry:
Show us your body! :) And Joseph eats monkeys too.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Sorry buddy but I don't do gay for pay. :)
I wasn't thinking to pay you anything. :)

I´ve seen very good physiotherapists who look like whales but knew their Job..
So you are looking something like that. You wouldn't put it in that context otherwise. ;)

I wouldn't agree with you about "good physiotherapists who look like whales". I mean, yeah they maybe have knowledge, but in order to someone take their advices more seriously they have to have at least decently build body.

Of course I don't think that every dumb-ass who is built like Greek god have great knowledge from area, but its sort of decent behavior that people who are gym instructors, nutritionists etc. take some time and invest some sweat in their body.

Physiotherapists are in bit wider category, but professions I mentioned definitely have to sweat their fat asses at least 2-3 times a week.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
(...) So you are looking something like that. You wouldn't put it in that context otherwise. ;)

I wouldn't agree with you about "good physiotherapists who look like whales". I mean, yeah they maybe have knowledge, but in order to someone take their advices more seriously they have to have at least decently build body.

Of course I don't think that every dumb-ass who is built like Greek god have great knowledge from area, but its sort of decent behavior that people who are gym instructors, nutritionists etc. take some time and invest some sweat in their body.

Physiotherapists are in bit wider category, but professions I mentioned definitely have to sweat their fat asses at least 2-3 times a week.
Well the last physio I did was for my neck & the woman was fat but could massage great. A Fitness Trainer in a Gym is another animal. Not all Fitness Trainers are good at their Job. we had a guy called sasha who was an arrogant asshole. He learned it all per Fernstudium. A lot per post with some semminars in between. He had no real practical experience in weight Training. People complained all the time. He was Always telling People in the Gym how qualified he was. was a tool. i nearly chinned him one time, that´s another Story...though.
Most Physiotherapists are women in Germany. Trust me the best Physios i´ve met are not sexy Looking but know their anatomy. In the UK you get a Degree & have to study in a Uni. In Germany it´s a Berufsfachschule it takes 3 years. I know this as i thought About this years ago. I could not do it as it was too expensive. I applied to two Schools in Hannover, Dr Blindow schule & Dr Ross schule. The Ross schule i had to do a written entrance test which i passed. I was offered a place in both Schools. I am not Talking out my ass mate, i know the score.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Profiler, Welcome to the forum.
Now of you really want to give it a shot ; DO IT. Don't waste anymore time. Get a return ticket just in case. That is not to be construed as negativity. With age comes maturity and it can be positive in training even if you have to take orders from younger men. Finally I know that with age comes maturity :unsure: since I am twice your age.

Chas Green Beret school of 1956.:) 99% need not apply.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) Joseph, did the turtle taste good? Turtle soup? :D
When you've been eating dehydrated rations for x amount of days, it did taste good. Now ask me if the Kronenbourg tasted all right at the end of it? ;)

Answer: yes.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Good man... Looked through the pictures. The monkey...LOL. i think if I had been in the Legion with you guys at that time I would have had a great time :LOL:. You had the best time in the 80s & 90s.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Rashian, it's getting past the preliminary selection in Paris that is not exactly worrying our friend. It's also the selection process in Aubagne,

1537085989465.png

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Good man... Looked through the pictures. The monkey...LOL. i think if I had been in the Legion with you guys at that time I would have had a great time :LOL:. You had the best time in the 80s & 90s.
Told you that Joe eats monkeys. :)

biren gurung

Reaction score
Home Country
Nepal
Hello, I'm almost 38 years old. My background in brief: 1 year in the army (compulsory military service) ; 2 years in Police Academy, department ''National Security'' and long story in my past. In accordance of my senility, the vetting process and policy of FFL,is that situation on my passive. I'm expecting for your rigorous and straightforward points of view, before taking “the last train”.
Man
Man I am also same age as you and planning to go this november to aubangne good luck

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
birengurung,

Welcome to the forum. Many years ago I worked with Gurungs, Chetris and Thapas.
My 2 personal bodyguards were Sobilal Thapa and Gambahadour Thapa. Both wonderful men and very loyal.

So good luck with your application. (Gurkha izaart ek dum atcha hai - Shabash.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Man

Man I am also same age as you and planning to go this november to aubangne good luck
Hi biren gurung and welcome, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? At nearly 38 I'd say that you are also on the platform of the last train. I take that your name is biren gurung (and not your favorite Chinese takeaway :LOL:) Only joking, but if it is, -your name- be careful what you say on this or other legion forums.