a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“R/C helicopters and the Legion Today”.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I just recently bought an r/c helicopter and found that flying in the city is dangerous. However they are a safer alternative to going out on the town and driving with a foreign license. Playing fair I just wanted to bring out that I own some but; don’t know if the Legion will let me buy new ones. I know your not suppose to take any extra stuff when you checked in but, I thought it would be cool to be stationed in Corsica and fly somewhere safe near the beach. That and going sailing, in the Mediterranean With my father.

Attachments

• AC6845EA-461F-4B7C-A876-2AED749A4ADF.jpeg
    AC6845EA-461F-4B7C-A876-2AED749A4ADF.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1CE69839-A509-47F0-94E6-BA61E66BB1AF.jpeg
    1CE69839-A509-47F0-94E6-BA61E66BB1AF.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Do a bit more reading and you`ll realise you are unlikely to have time to do any of the recreational things you mention for at least a couple of years .

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
why not take your surf board too :D seriously man do you think it´s a holiday camp even at the REP´s location ? I am sure after all your initial training you might be able to find time but my understanding from this forum is even after your "Boot camp" you go on to further or advanced training at your regiment. The REP 100%
interesting Hobby though made me smile.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You also have to take into account the very limited space you have in the barracks, a Rack, A wall locker, and maybe a foot locker. Space is at a minimum.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You also have to take into account the very limited space you have in the barracks, a Rack, A wall locker, and maybe a foot locker. Space is at a minimum.
What? no toy boxes ? when Legionnaires finish work at 1700 how can they fill their time ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I have to admit that I had to look up what the subject was about, Radio Controlled, now I get it.
Not a good idea, already today's legionnaires are nicknamed the "Generation Gameboy". If you have to have a license to operate one, then you will have to go in front of your CDU -Company commander.
That being said... There may even be a club in Calvi as there is plenty of space on the DZ ?
I would hold out until you see the lay of the land, so to speak.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What? no toy boxes ? when Legionnaires finish work at 1700 how can they fill their time ?
I think that’s great too, just being a former service member I’ve suffered alcohol problems and I don’t want to drink anymore.

i know I don’t stand a good chance of getting in.

but for now I can afford to try, and I really got nothing else besides to live in A veterans homeless shelter from my service in the Marines.

besides I got the tattoos on my face but they’re tribal meaning spiritual for my personal religion.

I should be dead by now.

i worked in a whiskey factory in Las Vegas right off Fremont street.

it’s a tourist destination.

I live indefinitely in a homeless shelter and I got my own room.

they want me to go.
The homeless shelter it’s like the chateau.

Attachments

• 24856C24-547B-4E3D-A200-EBFCA5B0130B.jpeg
    24856C24-547B-4E3D-A200-EBFCA5B0130B.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 29F0C54E-BC42-41CC-851E-B3D82EBAB4A2.jpeg
    29F0C54E-BC42-41CC-851E-B3D82EBAB4A2.jpeg
  • B9E21B95-578C-43BD-AE6C-BC5E82C23652.jpeg
    B9E21B95-578C-43BD-AE6C-BC5E82C23652.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
why not take your surf board too :D seriously man do you think it´s a holiday camp even at the REP´s location ? I am sure after all your initial training you might be able to find time but my understanding from this forum is even after your "Boot camp" you go on to further or advanced training at your regiment. The REP 100%
interesting Hobby though made me smile.
Thanks for mentioning the REP.

”All Respects Mate”

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Normally drinking for me. But it’s not the Marines anymore. The helicopter is as big as my forearm and can hang vertically. But not on the ground with my boots. Ill buy a thick string to hang on any hooks. They will get upset because of the uniforms during inspection though.

Attachments

• 581313B0-8C0A-415F-94BE-0DDA98C41046.jpeg
    581313B0-8C0A-415F-94BE-0DDA98C41046.jpeg
  • 9B5EDD6B-6ADB-43F6-B06B-7692B18E7D19.jpeg
    9B5EDD6B-6ADB-43F6-B06B-7692B18E7D19.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I think that’s great too, just being a former service member I’ve suffered alcohol problems and I don’t want to drink anymore.

but for now I can afford to try, and I really got nothing else besides to live in A veterans homeless shelter from my service in the Marines.

besides I got the tattoos on my face but they’re tribal meaning spiritual for my personal religion.

I should be dead by now.

they want me to go.
If you want to join the FFL think positive. Stop writing; I know I don't stand a chance of getting in.
With that attitude you wont. You claim to have served so you know what basic is like. Finally if you really give it a go you will retain some self respect- win or lose. Many in your situation have made a success of it and it is a second chance of redemption. So "Good Luck".

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

I should be dead by now.

they want me to go.
Look Manry311, in my day job now we fly drones, Survey Drones from SenseFly, the eBee X and we fly an Anafi Parrot, they are very useful. But I do work for the US Army now and we damn near have to think of these things as Fixed Wings or Full sized Rotary Wing Birds. The hoops we go through to fly missions is retarded. Maybe it wont be so bad there but now these drones are becoming so pervasive and people like the FAA her are cracking down.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

I should be dead by now.

they want me to go.
Brother, are you all right?

Semper Fidelis

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
If you want to join the FFL think positive. Stop writing; I know I don't stand a chance of getting in.
With that attitude you wont. You claim to have served so you know what basic is like. Finally if you really give it a go you will retain some self respect- win or lose. Many in your situation have made a success of it and it is a second chance of redemption. So "Good Luck".
Solid Chas, Very Solid

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
Hey Sexpert I mean Bigboy , tell us about Fiji , have you actually been there yet or are you still in Celle?
Not sure what you mean? I apoligise if you served in the Legion. when did you serve in the Legion/Regiment?
Again my sincere apoligies if you did serve in the Legion .

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Youve just confirmed you are sexpert , what a cock !! it must be killing you not giving gym advice to young men although I noticed you`ve slipped up a few times , so sad you are , get help.

@Joseph Cosgrove , @Le petit caporal and I were right.