10 pull ups

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
Winter is coming. I always get fitter over the winter than summer, just prefer the cold when training for some reason.

OP
sexpert
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
so not 100% on what he says..but he talks about the EZ Bar Reverse curl to train the forearms, Brachialis(Bicep muscle) ( also activated in Hammer Curls with Dumbbells.) & also the grip on the EZ Bar thumbs over the Bar or full grip. Most Bodybuilders use a thumbs over grip as they try to use their hands as "Hooks". so pull downs for Lats & rear shoulders (he talks about the Deltoids too, the shoulder muscles) sit ups & hanging Leg raises.

https://weighttraining.guide/exercises/ez-bar-reverse-curl/

OP
sexpert
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
if you do not have a Barbell you can do Hammer curls with two Dumbbells. Also has more of a hand position for rope climbing. A neutral grip.

Here we see the wide lat pulldowns he mentioned in the video. you can see clearly the muscles worked. I am assuming he means to do this exercise to build up to rope climbing & chins. The muscles used are the same. Hence why he uses Reverse grip EZ Bar curls. He knows his weight training .

Last edited:
OP
sexpert
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
this is good.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Scotland
thought you REP boys could knock out 50 one arm chins? :ROFLMAO:
The REC boys squat with a shell on each shoulder, do pull ups off the barrel of the Gun ;)
We had 30mm wombat shells outside our BHQ. One of the jobs I did on ROPs was to polish them, to a mirror finish. Anyway, I had a particularly bullyish Sergeant on as BOS once and he made me stand, in full parade N02's, with a shell above my head. For about an hour. In the middle of a Northern German winter. Weird having numb fingers and shoulders burning at the same time. My shoulders still ache just thinking about it :D

OP
sexpert
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United Kingdom
We had 30mm wombat shells outside our BHQ. One of the jobs I did on ROPs was to polish them, to a mirror finish. Anyway, I had a particularly bullyish Sergeant on as BOS once and he made me stand, in full parade N02's, with a shell above my head. For about an hour. In the middle of a Northern German winter. Weird having numb fingers and shoulders burning at the same time. My shoulders still ache just thinking about it :D
Nothing like a good beasting 😂