27 year old from Sweden

Ratings
Home Country
Sweden
Time to introduce myself: Like the topic is saying I am 27 years old from southern Sweden, living in i small town. For about 11 years ago I started to use drugs ( mostly cocaine and weed), and I was also a thief, I went to youth "prison" at the age of 17 and contiune to do crimes and use drugs untill 3 mouths ago.

For about 5 years ago I moved to another country close by to try to start a new life, I lie myself in to be able to work in constraction( wont say witch type of constraction job). I did stop doing crimes, but my drug abuse has stayed untill 3 months ago. My last conviction for a crime was for about 6 years ago.

I have now been i Sweden for about 1 year, and i have a job today, with good pay ( I can pay off my debs, even if i dont wont to do it ( long story). Im not happy about the job, I think the days are the same and nothing happens, i want to do something else, and as i said before i living in a small town and many people here know who I am before i was moving to another country, and they still see me as a thief, even if i have a job today and stopped doing drugs, I want a fresh start!

I have also started to practise 6 times i week ( gym, boxing ). I would say im in pretty good condition even if I had drug problems before. ( I have read about the sport tests ). Thinking about starting to learn some basic french in i cuple of months.( fucked up languge haha).

I have no truble with police for now and never be in prison, my sentences has been probition or damages.

I was asking about the debs becouse I would like to know before i go there, so I can be concentrating on doing my best insteed of, are the bankers gonna find me. For me its a win win situation, to get a new carrer and at the same time get "rid" of the bankers, start over and mayby after the legion move outside EU and start a company or whatever.

Thank you for all information, and please give me more tips about, they so called gestapo haha ! If you want tell me about your view on the life in the legion!

Ratings
922 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
4. Debt. ..revolving credit ? Spent on women, whisky, beer and ganja and high intrest rates. ..living in the fast lane, huh ?

Had you sussed right from the begining, call it a legionnaire's flair if you prefer

Ratings
922 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
4. Debt. ..revolving credit ? Spent on women, whisky, beer and ganja and high intrest rates. ..living in the fast lane, huh ?

Had you sussed right from the begining, call it a legionnaire's flair if you prefer
Time to introduce myself: Like the topic is saying I am 27 years old from southern Sweden, living in i small town. For about 11 years ago I started to use drugs ( mostly cocaine and weed), and I was also a thief, I went to youth "prison" at the age of 17 and contiune to do crimes and use drugs untill 3 mouths ago.

For about 5 years ago I moved to another country close by to try to start a new life, I lie myself in to be able to work in constraction( wont say witch type of constraction job). I did stop doing crimes, but my drug abuse has stayed untill 3 months ago. My last conviction for a crime was for about 6 years ago.

I have now been i Sweden for about 1 year, and i have a job today, with good pay ( I can pay off my debs, even if i dont wont to do it ( long story). Im not happy about the job, I think the days are the same and nothing happens, i want to do something else, and as i said before i living in a small town and many people here know who I am before i was moving to another country, and they still see me as a thief, even if i have a job today and stopped doing drugs, I want a fresh start!

I have also started to practise 6 times i week ( gym, boxing ). I would say im in pretty good condition even if I had drug problems before. ( I have read about the sport tests ). Thinking about starting to learn some basic french in i cuple of months.( fucked up languge haha).

3 months clean. ..you will make clearer and more sincère déclarations once you are 3 years clean
Fitness isnt evrything

I have no truble with police for now and never be in prison, my sentences has been probition or damages.

I was asking about the debs becouse I would like to know before i go there, so I can be concentrating on doing my best insteed of, are the bankers gonna find me. For me its a win win situation, to get a new carrer and at the same time get "rid" of the bankers, start over and mayby after the legion move outside EU and start a company or whatever.

Obsession is an addiction

Thank you for all information, and please give me more tips about, they so called gestapo haha ! If you want tell me about your view on the life in the legion!
I have never been one who kicks the lame
You are seeking, some form of rédemption, during /enduring a cold turkey spell. ..and in a desperate need of panoramique change (as if this will change your out look over night. ..but you never know )

I pride myself, in my short time on this forum, for telling the truth.My version of the Legion, is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Any one green on here, and i know some /many, that wants to contradicted any of my statements /déclarations /posts. ..call it whatever you want ,bring him on (and i will make mince meat pies of his lying shite (what ever their rank or matricule . ..am so sûre of my self, yup honesty pays !
Lying, thieving, decieving, dosent
Passions /addictions are expensive hobbies and usually go hand in hand with lying, thieving and decieving
Many self made myths about the Legion, made by the Legion, that few know what IS (unless you meet a dude of my caliber (i dont lie, never, not even to defend myself. ...I assume !
You will, if you join the Legion. ..meet more junkies, thieves, arse lickers (they are the worse, imo) pédophilies, rapists, murders and bull shiters, in one company than you would in the whole of Sweden

Ok, enougth said and i wish you well in your quête to stop drugs, lying, thieving and decieving

L' Empereur

Ratings
Home Country
Sweden
You are seeking, some form of rédemption, during /enduring a cold turkey spell. ..and in a desperate need of panoramique change (as if this will change your out look over night. ..but you never know )

I pride myself, in my short time on this forum, for telling the truth.My version of the Legion, is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Any one green on here, and i know some /many, that wants to contradicted any of my statements /déclarations /posts. ..call it whatever you want ,bring him on (and i will make mince meat pies of his lying shite (what ever their rank or matricule . ..am so sûre of my self, yup honesty pays !
Passions /addictions are expensive hobbies and usually go hand in hand with lying, thieving and decieving
Many self made myths about the Legion, made by the Legion, that few know what IS (unless you meet a dude of my caliber (i dont lie, never, not even to defend myself. ...I assume !
You will, if you join the Legion. ..meet more junkies, thieves, arse lickers (they are the worse, imo) pédophilies, rapists, murders and bull shiters, in one company than you would in the whole of Sweden

Ok, enougth said and i wish you well in your quête to stop drugs, lying, thieving and decieving

L' Empereur
For how long have you been in the legion? If there are so many shitty people why stay? What do you want to tell me with this that im going to meet alot of shitty people? There gotta be good people to, right? got to stick to them ;) Thank you for wishing me luck!

Ratings
922 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
It's a fact of life dude
What you find in the legion is a condensed version of what you have in that place you call planet earth (next to mars and no,speedy pizzas do not deliver and Uber neither)

Am not in the legion no more and my son is almost your age (explains my attempt)
The good people replied

Ratings
Home Country
Sweden
It's a fact of life dude
What you find in the legion is a condensed version of what you have in that place you call planet earth (next to mars and no,speedy pizzas do not deliver and Uber neither)

Am not in the legion no more and my son is almost your age (explains my attempt)
The good people replied
ok, I understand! Im going to try anyway, and for your information i have thought about this during servel years, but i understand if i dont get clean and fit, i cant do my best there. But now its start to get "close" like i told you i going in 1 year, thats why a started to get some information now, witch is the best companie to apply with most serious people?

thadeusz

Ratings
4 1 3
Home Country
Belgium
My son joined about two years ago and still has his legion name.

He says he does not bother him to have another name ! He got used to it.

He also says that officially he cannot come home, but that when he has a long leave he might decide to come "unofficially" to Belgium

Would that create a great problem if he were caught ?

But I am not sure he will do it, he does not really care for his old friends

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
823 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
My son joined about two years ago and still has his legion name.

He says he does not bother him to have another name ! He got used to it.

He also says that officially he cannot come home, but that when he has a long leave he might decide to come "unofficially" to Belgium

Would that create a great problem if he were caught ?

But I am not sure he will do it, he does not really care for his old friends
Thadeusz, it's been a while. I wouldn't describe his parents as "old frineds". What about Camerone? Are you still going to Calvi. Does your son say what is on the books for his company, company tournant or anything as such?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
823 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Thadeusz again, In a fuller answer to your post. If your son does get PLD on the continent, which he there should be no problem, then all he would have to do is cross the border in a Belgian reg car. No worries for an old REPMAN.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son doing more than five years for the moment. As I've understood, he's been in two years and already spent some serious time in jail for something which he felt 'too ashamed to tell you about'. Not a good start. I believe there was also talk about being sent to Guyane disiplinary after another jail sentence. All this is not going to go down well when he applies for an extension or to renew his contract.

No, I wouldn't worry too much about that at the moment. It's a bit like when he told you that he "can only write once I have returned from my mission. And then only if I come out of it alive". or words to that effect.

It reminded me of the SOE during world war 2, jumping behind enemy lines (at night) and having cyanide pills just in case they were caught. No Thadeusz, I'd say that your son was in a dream world.;)

Last edited:

thadeusz

Ratings
4 1 3
Home Country
Belgium
Hi Thadeusz again, In a fuller answer to your post. If your son does get PLD on the continent, which he there should be no problem, then all he would have to do is cross the border in a Belgian reg car. No worries for an old REPMAN.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son doing more than five years for the moment. As I've understood, he's been in two years and already spent some serious time in jail for something which he felt 'too ashamed to tell you about'. Not a good start. I believe there was also talk about being sent to Guyane disiplinary after another jail sentence. All this is not going to go down well when he applies for an extension or to renew his contract.

No, I wouldn't worry too much about that at the moment. It's a bit like when he told you that he "can only write once I have returned from my mission. And then only if I come out of it alive". or words to that effect.

It reminded me of the SOE during world war 2, jumping behind enemy lines (at night) and having cyanide pills just in case they were caught. No Thadeusz, I'd say that your son was in a dream world.;)
Thanks for the advice about crossing the border in a Belgian car

I don't worry about his idea to stay longer : it is his life, even if I would not do that. His mother worries enough for both of us.

He spent some time in jail, but he did not say that it was that long

The jail and Guyane business was a bad joke by some of his comrades : they wrote to me, pretending to be some officer, and said all kinds of nasty things about my son. He sent later a mail telling us that all this was wrong and that he was staying in 2 REP

Thanks again for your advices about Camerone. Calvi was full, so we are trying to go to Fort de Nogent : we won't see our son but we will see what his comrades look like. In any case a short trip to calvi is too expensive for us

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
823 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Thadeusz :) Calvi is full. I like that one. So what about the letter that the captain had sent, you had promised to send me a copy. And you had promised to send a photo of your son in uniform. Come on Thadeusz :) No excuses this time, especially now that he has discovered the use of digital technology. After 2 years you must have a photo!

So the punishment, the letter and the "compulsory transfer" were just his mates messing around; having a bit of legion fun? :). You and his mother must of been worried to death about that. Good job you didn't write back to the captain commanding his company (the one who was supposed to have sent the letter) and asked for an explanation. :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
323 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
OMG Joe stop please ! Do you have any feelings at all? Man's only son was go in country half world away from its home country into totally different culture.

Language spoken there is nothing like poor guy is used to hear in his own country (not even remotely similar).

I mean, I don't know how you Kiwi's know European geography., but let me tell you.... Belgium is far, far away from France,

Maybe on map this two countries look close to each other, but that is just "mirage". ;) You can't possibly know how this poor man thadeusz is distant from his son and how much he is suffering.

Joe, please stop! I can clearly see some irony in your last post. Don't do that! This man don't deserve it. He's coming here to feel some connection with a son who is separated from him for time span unknown and you doing what?

I'm really feeling sorry about guy (father and son .... and and holy spirit - Allahu Akbar :)) He spend so much time in FFL jail (la tule ? I would learn right name once when I go there :) ). He didn't have opportunity to communicate with his family apart from occasional letters.

Have in mind that they had better system of communication between guys on front line and their families back in WW1 ,than poor thadeusz have with his son, but life is bitch I guess.

So Joe... this guy already have lot of troubles upon his head. There is no need that you, with your sarcasm making it even worse.

I'm I right thadeusz ?

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
823 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Thanks again for your advices about Camerone. Calvi was full, so we are trying to go to Fort de Nogent : we won't see our son but we will see what his comrades look like. In any case a short trip to calvi is too expensive for us
Hi Thadeusz, What time does the ceremony start in Fort de Nogent? It might be worth your while to check up in advance.

"Thanks Joseph for this information. I will try to get photos of my son and post them (if I do succeed to post a photo, otherwise can I send it to you by mail ? )"
As for the photos I'm still waiting. :unsure:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
323 5 7
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Hi Thadeusz, What time does the ceremony start in Fort de Nogent? It might be worth your while to check up in advance.

"Thanks Joseph for this information. I will try to get photos of my son and post them (if I do succeed to post a photo, otherwise can I send it to you by mail ? )"
As for the photos I'm still waiting. :unsure:
FFL.png

Most viewed threads of the week