QUESTION 2REP and Eye glasses

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
On the ''Ultimate Eye Glasses/Vision'' thread, OP said that, if you wear glasses, you can forget 2REP. However, i found this picture on the ForeignLegion.Info website of a Legionnaire wearing glasses on the CEA of the 2REP. So, are glasses still a no-go for the 2?

OP
W
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Brazil
Might be eye pro
Hey thanks for replying. In this question https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110818210750AA3NdZn one of the answers says '' Absolutely...they even give you these ridiculous looking goggle-like things that strap to your head for Airborne operations. Your visual acuity has to be correctable to within certain standards, but the glasses themselves are no problem.'' and he claims to be a 1SG Master Parachutist so maybe the Legion applies closely the same standards?

G.I. Reaux · 8 years

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Egypt
Look what is written on the legion website is that they follow the French army's rule of measuring your eyesight which is -3 diopters in both eyes maximum if you want an elite regiment like the rep. If you want to join the legion in genearal then a maximum of, as far as I remember, either 9 or 10 in both eyes + or - .That's their rule, maybe they apply, maybe they just don't cz they have a lot of 6/6 eyesighters over there you never know

Most viewed threads of the week