a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 REP

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Originally, when they were created, in 1948-49, the airborne Legion units were three battalions (1er, 2e and 3e BEP) of around 750 men each.
As explained in the article, the 3e BEP was a rear echelon type of unit, essentially in charge of training the new comers, before dispatching them to one of the two ’operational’ battalions.
When in the French Army, after the Indochina war, the base unit became the regiment, battalions were converted to regiments of around 1,000 men. The three BEP became REP, until the command considered that they didn’t need 3e REP any more, since the initial para training was being done directly in the operational regiments.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Evry Regimement, company, section, group and binôme has it's place in the history books. .....and ? = El Moungar the 2nd of septembre. ..fk kens the year but maybe can inspire a worthy historien such as JC Van dam
Fairies in silk cladding buggering my lugs like midgies
Mon Santos,come back, evry thing is forgiven (almost)

Originally, when they were created, in 1948-49, the airborne Legion units were three battalions (1er, 2e and 3e BEP) of around 750 men each.
As explained in the article, the 3e BEP was a rear echelon type of unit, essentially in charge of training the new comers, before dispatching them to one of the two ’operational’ battalions.
When in the French Army, after the Indochina war, the base unit became the regiment, battalions were converted to regiments of around 1,000 men. The three BEP became REP, until the command considered that they didn’t need 3e REP any more

Show me their graves
Show me the hononors won
1954 ; Indochine / Divien bien Fou ?
Abbé Pierre saved more lives than french command : FACT... (and he too was a Catholic. ..the reason why he was never sanctofied, i can give

Post Shitum
El Moungar : the 2nd of septembre 1903
Planes and silk drawsers weren't inveted at that time, but gurrella war fare was already common

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Evry Regimement, company, section, group and binôme has it's place in the history books. .....and ? = El Moungar the 2nd of septembre. ..fk kens the year but maybe can inspire a worthy historien such as JC Van dam
Fairies in silk cladding buggering my lugs like midgies
Mon Santos,come back, evry thing is forgiven (almost)
Don’t be so distraught mon petit! Maybe you should have tried for le REP!?😊

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Mark,are you taking the pish or what?
I have flat feet,bunions, cors, clawed toes and a sepentine spine
I had to sacrifise 30 per cent of my wages to pay them who dropped from above. ..just because Ray Ban was the thing

Last edited:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mark,are you taking the pish or what?an
I have flat feet,bunions, cors, clawed toes and a sepentine spine
I had to sacrifise 30 per cent of my wages to pay them who droped from above. ..just because Ray Ban was the thing
Not at all mon ami! Cross the pond and you can do some free fall jumps with me and some buddies! 😎 meanwhile you do keep things interesting! Sorry about the 30 percent taken from your wages!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Let me guess
Mark, as in Mark Speed ?
I will let you know (and for others)
This dude has class
No unnatural activites for him
Like jumping out of an air plane or wetting my duck's arse
To reach the pub. ..i count on my waddle with my 2 left feet ,thank you very much

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Not at all mon ami! Cross the pond and you can do some free fall jumps with me and some buddies! 😎 meanwhile you do keep things interesting! Sorry about the 30 percent taken from your wages!

Do worry about the 30 percent Mark, you earned it, and it wasn't taken from anybody's wage. It's the same as going outre mer, one of the perks of hardship is getting paid more.

Dan98

Reaction score
Home Country
El Salvador
When in the French Army, after the Indochina war, the base unit became the regiment, battalions were converted to regiments of around 1,000 men. The three BEP became REP, until the command considered that they didn’t need 3e REP any more, since the initial para training was being done directly in the operational regiments.

What is the difference between a 750 men battalion and a 1k men regiment? Could be thought of as a reinforced battalion, really. Or can you make a paradigmatic change in mission and capability with 250 extra men?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
What is the difference between a 750 men battalion and a 1k men regiment? Could be thought of as a reinforced battalion, really. Or can you make a paradigmatic change in mission and capability with 250 extra men?
One more platoon was added in each rifle company (4 instead of 3). The weapons company (Compagne d'Appui in French) was also reinforced.