a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

31 Aug 2015 tried n failed

Alijadoon

Reaction score
Home Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone sharing my experience. i went to Marseille on 31 August 2015, been there for 4 days almost.
Monday i went to Marseille after some pull ups and paper work they took me to Aubagne. Wednesday they send us for medical, Thursday we had sport test, same day we were sent for quick dinner and after that they send us for IQ test. which was not very easy. we were 4 guys who failed it. Friday shortly after lunch we were sent home.Guys Head to Aubagne, its better if you go early before lunch, then the next day they send you for medical. It will save you a week in Paris. get as much pull ups as you can and practice Luc Legar test. 6/7 paillier and 4 pull ups are minimum.
IQ test is Vital, as i have been given Inapt temporaire for 18 months.
Wish you all the best it was a nice experience for me.

The Phoenix

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
At least you tried mate. Listen wanted to ask did you bring any qualification certificates and stuff? What is the "paper work"?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
well done for trying. I hope that you'll try again or if not good luck for the futur. For all those who are hoping to join, do take heed. You will be given Physical tests, pull ups and bleep tests and IQ. These tests can be learnt on line for free. There is a logic to each test, for example 2, 4, 6, ? 10. unfortunatly and especialy not to belittle Alijadoon, it's not that easy. But you can train up for it. This is not a new test as it did happen in my day, so again the forum has forewarned you.

Destruktov

Reaction score
Home Country
Hungary
Hi everyone sharing my experience. i went to Marseille on 31 August 2015, been there for 4 days almost.
Monday i went to Marseille after some pull ups and paper work they took me to Abunge. Wednesday they send us for medical, Thursday we had sport test, same day we were sent for quick dinner and after that they send us for IQ test. which was not very easy. we were 4 guys who failed it. Friday shortly after lunch we were sent home.Guys Head to Abuange, its better if you go early before lunch, then the next day they send you for medical. It will save you a week in paris. get as much pull ups as you can and practice Luc Legar test. 6/7 paillier and 4 pull ups are minimum.
IQ test is Vital, as i have been given Inapt temporaire for 18 months.
Wish you all the best it was a nice experience for me.

Sorry you didn't make it. Good luck with your plan B!

How much did the guys who passed ran on the shuttle test(luc leger)?

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Study hard, there are a lot of IQ and Psychotechnical type tests online or in book format. Study the guide books and take practice tests, even the ASVAB for the U.S. military has a section that has some tests like that and will help to prepare you as there are test prep guides you can buy online.

Train hard, study hard. Good luck next time.

sombrerox

Reaction score
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sorry you didn't make it. Good luck with your plan B!

How much did the guys who passed ran on the shuttle test(luc leger)?

Yea, this would be nice to know and also what's the average number of pull ups that volunteers make ?

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
well done for trying. I hope that you'll try again or if not good luck for the futur. For all those who are hoping to join, do take heed. You will be given Physical tests, pull ups and bleep tests and IQ. These tests can be learnt on line for free. There is a logic to each test, for example 2, 4, 6, ? 10. unfortunatly and especialy not to belittle Alijadoon, it's not that easy. But you can train up for it. This is not a new test as it did happen in my day, so again the forum has forewarned you.

Do you have a link where these tests can be taken? Would like to see where I score before I take it for real. Never like walking into a room blind.

Löken

Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Do you have a link where these tests can be taken? Would like to see where I score before I take it for real. Never like walking into a room blind.

Do Mensa test if you can, and training with numbers.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada

http://www.iqtest.com/

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

http://www.seemypersonality.com/IQ-Test

Take these free tests. Ask Google for more and train, train, train !

IQ test is essential : the Legion does not want to have stupid legionnaires unable to think about what they are doing, even they are also asked to obey blindly !

Personality test is also essential but cannot be learned : either you have a good personality (i.e. that fits the needs of the legion) or not.

Alijadoon

Reaction score
Home Country
Pakistan
Thanks, I just bring my Passport, my id card, but they just asked for my passport only. (there is no issue of 6 months validity of your passport, but it must be valid) You should take your qualification documents along you. they will ask you questions about your qulifications at initial stage and later about your skills etc

Alijadoon

Reaction score
Home Country
Pakistan
Thanks, the 4 guys were there for the 2nd time, one spainish guy ran for 10/11 paillier i guess.

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
Yea, this would be nice to know and also what's the average number of pull ups that volunteers make ?

im really curious to about how many people do also, i have read on this forum that the highest was 25pull ups