a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 months goes by fast

canuckroyal

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
good advice, canackroyal, I am not a dietitian but would definitely add carbohydrates to the list, boiled potatoes, boiled pasta, etc.
As for Juiccy you might be playing too much with the diet thing. You will have a completely different diet when you get to the legion. See what you can do on ordinary food, (extra fruit juice is allowed) in the way of paliers and pull ups. It's not the Olympic games, past records don't count, and you might be hanging around for a few days before taking your entrance tests. You will have a vending machine (ah yes modern times!) selling mars bars and other nutter, but no vit, protein, carbs supplements.

Aye, didn't mention it as some things seem self-explanatory to me Joseph but you are right some people need things explained to them step by step.

Give you an example of what I ate today Juicyy:

Breakfast:

Everyday I eat a little bowl of cereal first thing in the morning (not the sugary stuff, but something like Oats & Granola with milk and maybe some blueberries for flavour) I will also have a piece of toast with some jam on it. This is all I eat for breakfast usually. Once a week I indulge and have a bacon and egg breakfast.

Lunch:

Had a ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, butter, spinach, tomato, chopped red peppers and swiss cheese.

With my sandwich I also had a garden salad and some greek yogurt.

Supper Tonight:

Supper I am having Lamb Shanks with grilled vegetables and Orzo.

If I need to snack throughout the day I will eat some fruit or some trail mix or something, I try and stay away from processed crap. As for what to drink, drink lots and lots of water and stay away from energy drinks and all that other crap.

I don't believe in supplements and I have never used them during my military career, all you need to do is take the time to cook your own food and make sure it is good food. This requires discipline and commitment but this is a skill that will serve you well in your military career. On top of this, being able to cook good food is a great way to garner interest from the ladies ;)

CanadianBorn

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Canada
Hey guys,

First of all thanks for all the well wishes.

I had my medical today and everything is in check; My knees thanked me for being in a mechanized unit.

As for the drinking I just needed to cut back for a bit haha. I will be be breaking that streak when I pay my respects on Remembrance day!

Thanks Joseph for the protein tip. Fortunately right now the only time I take a protein supp is about 30 minutes before a weight workout and I only take about 30grams. The rest I get mostly from beans/peanuts/milk products (I'm not a vegetarian though). I will still cut the protein/creatine the week before just to be safe.

@RCC. When I had my teeth pulled I was pretty much good to go the next day when I woke up. I started eating soft foods carefully that day and after about 2 weeks I was back to my normal diet.

I'm in the process of lining up a train ticket from CDG to Aubagne from when my flight arrives.

I'll update if anything big comes up.

Juicyy

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thank you guys for your replies... i will heed your advice for this remaining two months... as for Canadianborn i wish you good luck and all the best.

Most viewed threads of the week