6X6 Jaguar

That is my AFV...;) space age. someone posted this on here already. smaller gun on it as the old one had 105mm ,,not that i´m an expert but interested in the cavalry. I fired 105mm Light Gun in the brit army.

I've been looking at the data for the 40mm main gun. The APFSDS rounds can reportedly penetrate 140mm of RHA at 1500m. If so, that's enough to kill a T-55, frontally, and a T-72 from the sides or rear. The HEPD rounds are said to be able to punch throungh 210mm of Concrete. That's pretty legit.

Not surprisingly, my country's army is looking at buying some and upgunning Brads and Strykers with them: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...n-to-its-stryker-and-bradley-armored-vehicles

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Haha....i'm piss wet through. Was out pounding the streets. Heavy rain. Mind you it was peaceful no people just cars going past looking at me like I'm an idiot.
Giving your new Nikes their baptism ? Raining - Baptism ! Get it ? Oh boy I'm off to a witty start of the day.

SnafuSmite

I've been looking at the data for the 40mm main gun. The APFSDS rounds can reportedly penetrate 140mm of RHA at 1500m. If so, that's enough to kill a T-55, frontally, and a T-72 from the sides or rear. The HEPD rounds are said to be able to punch throungh 210mm of Concrete. That's pretty legit.

Not surprisingly, my country's army is looking at buying some and upgunning Brads and Strykers with them: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...n-to-its-stryker-and-bradley-armored-vehicles
40mm will be more anti personnel I think, they'll use the Milan for t-72s.

Giving your new Nikes their baptism ? Raining - Baptism ! Get it ? Oh boy I'm off to a witty start of the day.
Yes I was but I enjoyed the rain. Been warm here. Being a scot i much prefer Cool climates. I think I would struggle where you live Joseph...haha. I do get a great tan though in summer. Trainers are great. Fit perfect & cushion my knees great. Enjoy running on the streets when it's dark, more peaceful. Just me & my thoughts.

compared to the M109 (our early Version) this is crazy. I remember on our Advanced(&Basic) Guns Course you had to know all the Laying Drills. Laying with a Dial sight, Prism ; aiming Posts. Check bearing with the Directors. was very old School how they laid guns years before. All this AGLS Systems... whch they did Trials on in About 86. All new….i´m old

makes me wonder if the Gun no1s still know all this if the Technology goes tits up. Also the Gun Coverer had to know all this. Things move on i suppose.

RPG`s are scary things , especially if you are stuck in a noisy sardine tin with poor vision , I`d rather be 2000` above the enemy in an Apache.
Nasty and easy to use, the SANDF still use them. Still probably the best bang for buck most versatile rpg out there, only thing that comes close to it with versatility is the Carl Gustav.

Most viewed threads of the week