a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6X6 Jaguar

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That is my AFV...;) space age. someone posted this on here already. smaller gun on it as the old one had 105mm ,,not that i´m an expert but interested in the cavalry. I fired 105mm Light Gun in the brit army.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Yes you are. It's says in your name. ;)
Haha....i'm piss wet through. Was out pounding the streets. Heavy rain. Mind you it was peaceful no people just cars going past looking at me like I'm an idiot.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I've been looking at the data for the 40mm main gun. The APFSDS rounds can reportedly penetrate 140mm of RHA at 1500m. If so, that's enough to kill a T-55, frontally, and a T-72 from the sides or rear. The HEPD rounds are said to be able to punch throungh 210mm of Concrete. That's pretty legit.

Not surprisingly, my country's army is looking at buying some and upgunning Brads and Strykers with them: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...n-to-its-stryker-and-bradley-armored-vehicles

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Haha....i'm piss wet through. Was out pounding the streets. Heavy rain. Mind you it was peaceful no people just cars going past looking at me like I'm an idiot.
Giving your new Nikes their baptism ? Raining - Baptism ! Get it ? Oh boy I'm off to a witty start of the day.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
I've been looking at the data for the 40mm main gun. The APFSDS rounds can reportedly penetrate 140mm of RHA at 1500m. If so, that's enough to kill a T-55, frontally, and a T-72 from the sides or rear. The HEPD rounds are said to be able to punch throungh 210mm of Concrete. That's pretty legit.

Not surprisingly, my country's army is looking at buying some and upgunning Brads and Strykers with them: http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...n-to-its-stryker-and-bradley-armored-vehicles
40mm will be more anti personnel I think, they'll use the Milan for t-72s.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Giving your new Nikes their baptism ? Raining - Baptism ! Get it ? Oh boy I'm off to a witty start of the day.
Yes I was but I enjoyed the rain. Been warm here. Being a scot i much prefer Cool climates. I think I would struggle where you live Joseph...haha. I do get a great tan though in summer. Trainers are great. Fit perfect & cushion my knees great. Enjoy running on the streets when it's dark, more peaceful. Just me & my thoughts.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Here is a big boom, Boom... the AS 90 which the Royal Artillery use now. came in after my time. we had the M109a2 Howitzer also 155mm.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
compared to the M109 (our early Version) this is crazy. I remember on our Advanced(&Basic) Guns Course you had to know all the Laying Drills. Laying with a Dial sight, Prism ; aiming Posts. Check bearing with the Directors. was very old School how they laid guns years before. All this AGLS Systems... whch they did Trials on in About 86. All new….i´m old

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Made in Serbia. ;) Maybe not best in the world, but you get biggest bang for the buck.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
makes me wonder if the Gun no1s still know all this if the Technology goes tits up. Also the Gun Coverer had to know all this. Things move on i suppose.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Made in Serbia. ;) Maybe not best in the world, but you get biggest bang for the buck.

some nice Artillery pieces out there now. Just happy i never used the FH 70. The Guys in the Heavy Regiments suffered too, 39 Heavy in Sennelarger (80s) 5 Heavy Dortmund i think. M110 & M107.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Maybe an RPG 7 but dont think it stands a chance against the new stuff, especially the RPG 28 and 32.
RPG`s are scary things , especially if you are stuck in a noisy sardine tin with poor vision , I`d rather be 2000` above the enemy in an Apache.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The ex Yougoslavie Artillerie (Serbie in particular) have/had an excellent réputation

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
RPG`s are scary things , especially if you are stuck in a noisy sardine tin with poor vision , I`d rather be 2000` above the enemy in an Apache.
Nasty and easy to use, the SANDF still use them. Still probably the best bang for buck most versatile rpg out there, only thing that comes close to it with versatility is the Carl Gustav.