a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A weird, but effective body exercise..

Franklin59

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Hello there!

So as you can see from title, this is one of the cool things I stumbles upon in life recently, and I thought it would be nice to share it with you guys.

Okay, so this 7times7 thing is easy. Only thing you have to do, is complete the "workout". It is consisted of 7 series of 7 different workouts, that have 7 reps in it.
The fun thing about this is, that the faster you do it, the better. Of course, you can take it slow, and just finish it, but then it won't make you feel like as when you do it really fast.
Average speed that was required for people to finish this ( I actually made few people test this out, just for fun :D ) was around 8 to 9 minutes. My Record was somewhere around 6:30 minutes if I remember correctly.

So, it goes like this:

1.) First you start off with 7 PUSH UPS. You can do normal ones, or you can do the diamond ones. It's up to you, choose what you like more..
2.) After that, you do 7 Back strechers. Just lay on your tummy, and lift both your hands and legs up in same time.
3.) Now you should go, and do 7 of Push ups with double knee touch. If you don't know what that is, you can check this video out http://qr.net/PushUpsDouble / Basically, you have to be in a position for pushups, where you touch the area near your elbows, with your knees.
4.) After this, get near some Bench or chair, or anything that is stabile enough to hold you, and do 7 Dips.
5.) Make sure to sit on floor, in a position like when you are about to go do situps. But now, instead of putting your arms on weird places, just place them at the side of your hips, and lower your body until your forearms touch the floor completely, and then get back to the starting position. You can also do 7 of normal situps or crunches, but I find these more effective.
6.) This one is simple, just do 7 of leg stretches, like it is visible on the picture provided :) http://goo.gl/Efv16E
7.) And the last one is simple as well. Just do 7 of Squats, and you're good to go!

Make sure to repeat it all 7 times.

Okay, now, I just want to apologize if this is off topic, or maybe not what other's were looking for. I just wrote it here, because of following reasons:
1.) It's an amusing exercise.
2.) if you're not fit, this is a good thing to start with, but make sure not to go for the fastest time, yet just make sure to complete it in 15 minutes every night, it helped me, some longer time ago.
3.) It can actually be your tester for Heartbeat rate.. Just measure it after this, and check out if it is as it is supposed to be for your age.

Cheers to you all, and good Luck!

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
.... This is an AMRAP, nothing more. An AMRAP can be performed in unlimited ways with unlimited variables of exercise combinations.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Interesting post. Even I, at my tender age might attempt some of the exercises.lol

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Chas,

I recommend that you keep the REP's low, not at 7, if you decided to give it a go. Utilize a push and pull method. Make one exercise a PUSH, I.e. a pushup, squat or lunge. The make sure the next exercise is a PULL. Anything involving lateral raising from the Frontal AKA sagital plane. It gets complicated, Normally a man would do a pull up. In the case of you, you have done more pull ups in a lifetime than I have been alive!. I have a better thought Chas, take it easy chap!, Have a tea, or two!. Cheers mate!.