Allergy Tests

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Cuba
Hello,

I am new to the forum, and already used the search feature for this question, but didn’t see an answer that really fit my question.

This is a bit of a three parter.

I have heard that the Legion tests candidates for allergies during selection.

A: Is this true?
B: Which allergies do they test for?
C: What method of testing do they use?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
NO allergy testing and certainly NOT before rouge selection. I wouldn't know if it happens after rouge selection but I can say 100% not before.
Hay Nicky boy. What's up? Hundreds year from last login.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
New Zealand
I have heard that the Legion tests candidates for allergies during selection.
Hi Martialis. You seem to be part of a minority who come on here to ask one question - in your case three parts :), no introduction, just straight in with the question and then not a word.
You say that you heard...
Where did you hear this from?

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
I've always thought that Shellfish would've been the worst allergy to have had. I'd have died in early childhood.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Imagine if you were allergic to Penicilin
Don't get it. I mean, you sometimes have really good jokes which I often miss because of lack of understanding. But I think you also talking nonsense sometimes. Trouble occurs when I'm training to decipher your nonsensical msgs as they are make sense. :)

Any why, love you as you are Le petit. Despite fact that you have something against Serbs. Can't really get it why that is, but maybe someday you decide to tell me. I'm pretty sure that isn't just 90's style hatred towards Serbs influenced by media. I think you are smart enough not be influenced notably by that. But then .. who knows. Maybe you just like to F-ing with me.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
United States
That's a big hinderance living on the bayou
Yep. January through March is peak season for Oysters and Crawfish. Around April, it gets rainy, so people quit harvesting Oysters, though you'll still see Crawfish until early May...

...Just in time for La Bénédiction de la Flotte, or Fleet blessing, in late May . Some guy dressed like the pope comes down from the Archdiocese of Mobile and waves a magic wand at some shrimp boats, and white shrimp season kicks off. That, along with with crab season, runs up until August. August to November is brown shrimp, by the end of which the water is just starting to get cold enough for us to start tonging Oysters again. 4562

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Best answers
Home Country
San Marino
Hey Joseph, Snafu! Good to see you guys. You too Dusaboss, but I had hoped not to see you. I know people who found out about the legion, trained and went to the legion all in the time you have still been here. hehe But...no judgement. :D

About allergies. They DO ask about allergies in the medical exam, but only on a questionnaire and in the medical interviews. But I wouldn't recommend hiding any life threatening allergies of any kind. I know friends who could easily die from ingesting nuts, without proper care they would die. I am sure the Legion will refuse anyone with life threatening allergies of any type.

But mild food allergies that cause some itching or rash or make you use the toilet a bit more...you have to make the choice to tell the Legion and possibly be kicked out, or keep it to yourself and continue to have an average chance of being selected.

To fck yourself or not to fck yourself, that is the question. But please don't inadvertently kill yourself concealing something that is life for death.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Cuba
Hi Martialis. You seem to be part of a minority who come on here to ask one question - in your case three parts :), no introduction, just straight in with the question and then not a word.
You say that you heard...
Where did you hear this from?
I heard it on the FFL subreddit. I asked a similar question there and was redirected to here.

Also, I’m getting mixed messages here. Some of you say that they test, some of you say they don’t test but do ask about allergies.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Best answers
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I heard it on the FFL subreddit. I asked a similar question there and was redirected to here.

Also, I’m getting mixed messages here. Some of you say that they test, some of you say they don’t test but do ask about allergies.
Who told you that they do allergy test in this thread? There is NO test for allergies. Just don't tell them if it isn't something that is disabling for normal soldier duties. If it is then don't go.

Also if you use search function with little more attention you would found answer.

Most viewed threads of the week